Royal Wedding

pal2002

The wedding of Prince William of Wales and Catherine ("Kate") Middleton is scheduled to take place at Westminster Abbey on 29 April 2011. William, who is second in the line of succession to Queen Elizabeth II, first met Middleton in 2001, while he and Middleton were studying at the University of St Andrews. Their engagement, on 20 October 2010, was announced on 16 November 2010.

Although I have absolutely no affiliation with the British Empire whatsoever, I will staying up to watch the ceremony live just for the lolz. Playing RS (a very British game) must have gotten to me..

TV Times for your convenience - Friday Apr 25

TV coverage starts 1 hour prior to ceremony time (+1 hour for actual ceremony)

BST 10:00 am

EST 4:00am

CST 3:00am

PST 2:00am

W. Europe 11:00am

India 2:30pm

W. Australia/China 4:00pm

New Zealand 9:00pm

So...will you be watching?

Feel free to discuss the wedding and the royals in general too.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be half Australian, but I am most certainly not waking up at 1am to watch a wedding on TV.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I hope she runs away. Teach royality not everything is theirs.

But it'll be stupid of her to leave that money and prestiege behind.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No. Why should I stay up just to watch a wedding of some random couple who is not related to me?

I wouldn't stay up to watch a random couple who is related to me.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I was wondering why recently there was a lot of media cover surrounding the wedding then I realized yesterday that the wedding is Friday. I don't plan on watching it though, I'll probably be stumbling home Friday night around 2am anyways so watching a wedding will be the last thing on my agenda.

tFtfA.jpg

Ya know, it's actually weird the royalty would marry a commner like her. So if anything wouldn't it be the opposite?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

No.

Why do their positions (in terms of royalty) even exist anymore? They're just there for show it seems, which, imo, is a huge waste of money. Seems like the media is just over-hyping this for a quick buck.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Well I'm not exactly an expert, but I think it's quite complicated.

I mean the Queen is incharge of the commonwealth IIRC

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

There isn't anything complicated about it, she'll simply will become William's princess or duchess if Williams takes on the title of a duke. It's the classic fairy tale.

idk if there are really fairy tales when it comes to the royals. Kate maybe an exception, but we will see....

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

There isn't anything complicated about it, she'll simply will become William's princess or duchess if Williams takes on the title of a duke. It's the classic fairy tale.

idk if there are really fairy tales when it comes to the royals. Kate maybe an exception, but we will see....

What do you mean? She gets a title regardless if she is already royalty or not.

tFtfA.jpg

No I meant the ugly relationship aspect -like what happened with Diana. ie. will it last?

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Ya know, it's actually weird the royalty would marry a commner like her. So if anything wouldn't it be the opposite?

She's pretty far from a commoner. She comes from a rich family, not a rich noble family, but damn close enough.

I would like people to stop treating English royality as if it were a show. If I was British I would be damn shamed having them around after all these decades.

EDIT: I just realized something. Walking down the aisle, somebody changes the music to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

A boy can dream. :ugeek:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No I meant the ugly relationship aspect -like what happened with Diana. ie. will it last?

Oh I got confused ha, I wasn't sure if you were questioning her title.

Of course I never followed them that closely, but I imagine they'll be fine, or at least let's hope so.

tFtfA.jpg

EDIT: I just realized something. Walking down the aisle, somebody changes the music to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

A boy can dream. :ugeek:

O GOD.

Like...O GOD.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I don't get all the hate for the royal family. They do much more good than bad, and a lot more good than a good chunk of the worlds population too. That's before you count the money they bring into the British economy.

I'll be watching it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Nah, I don't get it either

But in all seriousness, there's not really been any 'hate' on this thread so far, as opposed to apathy or insincerity. The blunt truth is that while a third of the country will be watching, a third couldn't care less.

Why is he marrying a commoner? Didn't Edward VIII abdicate because he wanted to marry an American woman? What's changed now?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.