The world is ending on May 21st

Da Pirates

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, the new rapture is on my birthday. Ill have one hell of a party.

Ditto. :P

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Wait, it's tomorrow now?

Yes, apparently the first rapture was a "silent" one, and the real "fire and brimstone" one is tomorrow.

Now curious about how a 'silent' rapture works.

As far as I understand, instead of taking the souls of the worthy to Heaven on May 21 and destroying the world on Oct 21, Camping claims that God decided to just do it all in one fell swoop with May 21 as the 'official cutoff' to be deemed worthy.

As far as I understand, instead of taking the souls of the worthy to Heaven on May 21 and destroying the world on Oct 21, Camping claims that God decided to just do it all in one fell swoop with May 21 as the 'official cutoff' to be deemed worthy.

Ah.

That said, does anyone really take this seriously? Outside of a very small group that could most likely be classified as a cult, and people who heard about it after all the media attention and haven't yet heard otherwise?

All Christians do, it's just that this group have given it a date, rather than say "Any time from now onwards."

It's the date part that especially makes it a load of crap. I fully expect to be dead before the world ends.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

We all know the world is going to end when the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

Hey, the Giants managed it, the Cubs might have a shot.

2015 Baby, that's what the sport almanac told me...

Happy Apocalypse everyone! :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Well, it's past the 21st here so clearly the only explanation is NZ missed the entire rapture, damnit, why are we never invited to these things.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

You're the younger sibling always in Australia's shadow. You're also too friendly to those woolly animals you call lover.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

All Christians do, it's just that this group have given it a date, rather than say "Any time from now onwards."

All people expect the world to end at some point lol, not just Christians.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm personally betting on us or something from space destroying it before the sun does. ~3 billion years is plenty of time.

I'm personally betting on us or something from space destroying it before the sun does. ~3 billion years is plenty of time.

Ehh, I personally think we'll manage to do it ourselves far before that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Nothing lasts forever, I was talking about the absurd idea of the chosen ones being whisked away to live in paradise* whist the rest of us go to hell**.

* A paradise that they'll never get to appreciate, the bible itself states that in heaven every person will spend every moment of every day for the rest of eternity bowing before their lord and worshipping him.

** Which is nothing more than an absence from God.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Is it really necessary to take these doomsaying scumbags seriously? Normally I wouldn't mind, but they're sowing the seeds of anxiety within paradigm of the young. Certainly not a good thing.

Any rational thinker knows that religious claims are completely bogus, they aren't even worth discussion. Yes, Earth will eventually cease to exist, but I think It's safe to assume humanity will linger on (if we don't end up screwing ourselves over in between).