The ARMY.... what do u think about it?

kidurdude

I could never join the army, air force, navy or anything like that. It's not so much the fear of being killed yourself that worries me, but the thought that, whether infantry or or non-combat, your work is contributing, in some way, to killing someone. Someone who themselves is innocent and has just lost their lives because of a country's diplomacy. That person could have so easily been your ally, had they been on a different side.

I guess it really doesn't matter whether you are part of the army or not. Regardless of what country you're in, your tax dollars are going to their military.

:x I never thought of that... I guess i should of posted something acutle on the subject as well. I dont want to join my army, for two reason:

1. I dont really belive in fighting and war. Id never want to acutle fight (about the only job id do to help is by doing something on the homefront)

2.Has any one looked at the canadian army? Our navy is like a freakin Kyake with a pee shooter :lol: and our air force consists of like 10 year old jets (although most are all purpose, and cant ake on any mission)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never join the army, air force, navy or anything like that. It's not so much the fear of being killed yourself that worries me, but the thought that, whether infantry or or non-combat, your work is contributing, in some way, to killing someone. Someone who themselves is innocent and has just lost their lives because of a country's diplomacy. That person could have so easily been your ally, had they been on a different side.

I guess it really doesn't matter whether you are part of the army or not. Regardless of what country you're in, your tax dollars are going to their military.

:x I never thought of that... I guess i should of posted something acutle on the subject as well. I dont want to join my army, for two reason:

1. I dont really belive in fighting and war. Id never want to acutle fight (about the only job id do to help is by doing something on the homefront)

2.Has any one looked at the canadian army? Our navy is like a freakin Kyake with a pee shooter :lol: and our air force consists of like 10 year old jets (although most are all purpose, and cant ake on any mission)

A Kyake? Mind explaining, I couldn't find anything on wikipedia :S

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

A Kyake? Mind explaining, I couldn't find anything on wikipedia :S

A kayak lol. :lol:

And I know your joking lion, but to the other people, canada does have an army.

Im considering on joining the reserves atm cuz I dont have anything better to do after I graduate 6 months from now. :wink:

Cuz to me its either the army, or law school... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

The army is necessary, but I think it should definately be one's choice to join up or not. I guess I wouldn't mind doing actual fighting or whatever, I'd definately avoid it, but I would do what's required of me. I don't like the idea of getting molded unto this robot that all army guys seem to be. It's necessary though for some, some guys love it, but it's not for me. The experiences would be great, and the stories you'd get out of it... But if you don't make it out alive, it's just not the same. I'd almost just like to go through the army's training just to experience it, but war isn't for me.

peterstretchfn5.gif

The army is necessary, but I think it should definately be one's choice to join up or not. I guess I wouldn't mind doing actual fighting or whatever, I'd definately avoid it, but I would do what's required of me. I don't like the idea of getting molded unto this robot that all army guys seem to be. It's necessary though for some, some guys love it, but it's not for me. The experiences would be great, and the stories you'd get out of it... But if you don't make it out alive, it's just not the same. I'd almost just like to go through the army's training just to experience it, but war isn't for me.

I'm just glad the draft isn't around anymore in the US :oops:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

It wont be hard or take long for it to come back. That is why i want to move to cannida they never make anyone mad and i think a nukewar will happen im my lifetime.

It wont be hard or take long for it to come back. That is why i want to move to cannida they never make anyone mad and i think a nukewar will happen im my lifetime.

...Its called Canada. And while your right, we dont usualy make people mad, we still upset some. If war every broke out, and it concerned us, i think they would use the conscription used in the second world war (All men conscripeted into the army, but didnt have to go over seas, only volonteers went. I thought this was a very good idea.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

...Its called Canada. And while your right, we dont usualy make people mad, we still upset some. If war every broke out, and it concerned us, i think they would use the conscription used in the second world war (All men conscripeted into the army, but didnt have to go over seas, only volonteers went. I thought this was a very good idea.)

It's called usually, conscripted, and volunteers...

If you are working on a degree or something, I would reccomend the Reserves for any of the services. It will pay for your school, and you can still have a normal job and life.

If you want to just join after high school, make sure you are interested in a lifelong career. You may like it, you may not.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

That concept might work if you aren't fighting at your own ground and not alone. That strategy worked in WW2 because you had allies (Britain for example) and the fights were at Europe. If you had fought against Germany with that strategy (only volunteered) on your own ground, the same as happened to France would have happened to you.

Anways, your country is at pretty ok place. USA with its nuclear weapons is a major threat for countries that would even think of invading North America, you have seas protecting yourself and you have no boarder with any country that could be seen as a threat. Because of that, I totally understand your system/strategy. Just wanted to point out that it doesn't work everywhere.

According to wikipedia, almost 15% of canadians served at WW2. I pretty much doubt it (at that page they say you had 11 million people in those days and 32,4million now. I don't know your history, but over 21million people in just 60years sounds a bit too high. Anyways, I give respect to those soldiers. Over 1,5million volunteers is a lot for any country. Might have been that I understood something wrong, tho :P Caught a flu and can't really concentrate atm.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

That concept might work if you aren't fighting at your own ground and not alone. That strategy worked in WW2 because you had allies (Britain for example) and the fights were at Europe. If you had fought against Germany with that strategy (only volunteered) on your own ground, the same as happened to France would have happened to you.

That's a bit harsh, I can't picture American rolling over so easily as France :P

I support the point you make, though.

the army is for real boys... i allways dreamed of flying in a military airplane... i can play batlefield vietnam, gta san andreas, and all other games wich includes flying for hours without end.

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

No entry found for acutle.

Did you mean? (not acually in dictionary.com only thing I could think of.)

acÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷tuÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷alÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ly Audio pronunciation of "actually" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kch--l)

adv.

1. In fact; in reality: That tree is actually a fir, not a pine.

2. Used to express wonder, surprise, or incredulity: I actually won the lottery!

I'm a hypocryte though, I cant spell either :) (I acually, yes acually edited this because I had a mispelling) No hard feelings :)

siknikmy7.gif

darkwebz16oa.gif

C'YEA H0'KAY

If you are working on a degree or something, I would reccomend the Reserves for any of the services. It will pay for your school, and you can still have a normal job and life.

If you want to just join after high school, make sure you are interested in a lifelong career. You may like it, you may not.

From what I've heard though, the Reserves is fighting almost as much in real combat as the full-timers.

The military would never take me, especially now-- too old, unfit, and free spirited. I support those who go, however (and I believe there is some good coming out of Iraq-- the question is more at what cost) and there's already a family expectation of respect-- my grandfather was in the 3rd Division of the Marines in the Pacific during WWII.

the army is for real boys... i allways dreamed of flying in a military airplane... i can play batlefield vietnam, gta san andreas, and all other games wich includes flying for hours without end.
Because playing war games really shows you what the real thing is like :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Because playing war games really shows you what the real thing is like :roll:

Lol I just have to post this :P http://dontworrysir.ytmnd.com/

signaturehoh.jpg

Just had to post this. :P

Sometimes I think maybe I wanna join the army. I mean.. it's basically like fps except better graphics. But what happens if I get lag out there? I'm dead! I mean I even heard there's no respawn points in RL!

:lol:

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I have no qualms with the army, but at the moment in the world I can't see anything really worth fighting for. Iraq and Afghanistan are ridiculous, if it really was a war against terrorism why bomb innocents? Special forces could take out rebel terrorist cells without all the "shock and awe".

As for the army, it's not easy, at all. Especially if you get called up. Not one man who has seen the face of a battlefield wishes to see another. There are no real Rambo types in real life, there are heroic men but they do what they have to do.

If I was called up to fight for my country against a just cause I would. WW2 is an example of what I would view as a just war. Fighting against a dictatorship in a middle eastern country that really doesn't have anything to do with us isn't.

I prefer to think of an armies role in the world to protect, and enforce the peace.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Sometimes I think maybe I wanna join the army. I mean.. it's basically like fps except better graphics. But what happens if I get lag out there? I'm dead! I mean I even heard there's no respawn points in RL!

ROFLMAO! I love fps Doug.

Heres a link: http://media.putfile.com/FPS-doug

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

ROFLMAO! I love fps Doug.

Heres a link: http://media.putfile.com/FPS-doug

BOOM! Headshot!

I have no qualms with the army, but at the moment in the world I can't see anything really worth fighting for. Iraq and Afghanistan are ridiculous, if it really was a war against terrorism why bomb innocents? Special forces could take out rebel terrorist cells without all the "shock and awe".

Having an army is not only because you want to fight. It's also there to cause "fear". No country will attack against you if your army forces are so strong that they'd have to pay a huge price for conquering your country. Look at USA and the Soviet Union during the cold war: Both hated each other and had their nuclear weapons pointed to each other's major cities, but no one dared to press the button. It would have cost you too much as the other side would have pressed the button too. Fear is also a major factor why muslim countries at the near-east haven't attacked against Israel for decades.

I don't see Iraq or Afganistan as a real fight against terrorism or for human rights. It was just purely money making. Sure, both cost a lot, but yankee weapon manufactors made billions, same with those who came to rebuild those poor countries. Not to mention oil.

Not one man who has seen the face of a battlefield wishes to see another. There are no real Rambo types in real life, there are heroic men but they do what they have to do.

Here's one man who can be seen as a rambo stylish warrior. He did not only fight in many wars, but he also fought for 3 different countries.

signaturehoh.jpg