Money

aeternitatis

Where do you currently get your money from?

How much money do you plan on having in x amount of years?

How important is money to you?

I'm currently looking into stock investing. Although I'm not informed enough to do it yet, I plan on making most of my money from it in the future. I'm also studying psychology in September 2012.

I'm planning on traveling the world so money is something I'm going to need... What about you?

Also, I quit my Mcjob two weeks ago and I'm finding another one atm. I have ~5200$ saved which I'm saving to pay a down payment for a car.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive my mom to and from work. Gets me about 50 dollars every 2 weeks + another 50 for expenses.

I occasionally work for my dad. 8-10 hrs is around 60 bucks.

Finanical aid is around $7K a year. Never use the money but just save it for emergency.

I guess it does. I tend to have high-hopes... it usually works out for me, but when it doesn't I get mad and usually end up stressing myself out until I've achieved x goal. :P

qs2X.png

^^ Using Stocks to raise money is a really bad proposition since it's a matter of investing money. I wouldn't

count on it so much. If you have a career, it's usually a much better opportunity than any kind of investment.

If you are really into investing, umm, I wouldn't say don't do it but it's not going to be as reliable since there's

also a chance you may end up broke.

I'm very fortunate to have my parents pay for tuition and other important stuff for me.

I'm a full time student, and would not be able to work during the school year. However, I work during the summer (at a restaurant this year), which pays enough to let me have spending/food money for the year.

I'll be in school for 2-4 more years. Once I graduate I plan to get some sort of well-paying engineering job (duh).

Money is important to me. Not because I'm particularly greedy or even stingy with money, but because I know that I simply have a lot of expensive hobbies (video games mostly), and because I like to eat out, have a nice home, etc.

I would not, however, sacrifice happiness or take a job that I absolutely hate just for the money. Working at a restaurant for a few months was bad enough, couldn't imagine feeling that way about a job that I would have for years.

I know the risks associated with it and I will also have a career. What I mean is that if things work out when I start investing I plan on putting more and more money into it to see a larger profit. If things don't pan out (as I almost expect at first) I will find out what I'm doing wrong and take a break.

qs2X.png

I worked a landscaping job for a while. Made less than half of minimum wage, paid under the table, thirty hours a week. I take pride in that... Apart from that, mostly similar work. Take little jobs when they're available. I don't need much money. My car's paid off, insurance is pretty cheap for someone my age, don't use tons of gas or anything. Nice and easy.

Once I'm in the military, I don't plan on making the same financial mistakes most guys I see make. Nah, I get almost all of my needs taken care of. What little I make is going straight into savings.

Also, my hit collab EP is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5v417mAnI&list=FLYZlz_W7RRws&index=1

(can I get an lol? no? so something with money in it isn't really that related? oh, ok)

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'm currently looking into stock investing. Although I'm not informed enough to do it yet, I plan on making most of my money from it in the future.

Good luck with that - have you seen the state of the markets recently?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Money is important to me, not so I can participate in consumerism but mostly because it removes financial stress. I decided a while back that anything over 80k a year would be a bonus, and found it interesting when I read an article suggesting that happiness comes with money and starts to level out at about that much.

I'd rather eat cheaper food and spend less money when I go out so I can do things like get a pilots license, learn another language, snowboard, join a theater group etc. My job makes a bit of money later on and a lot of the guys at work are talking about cars etc but I'd be happy with a 10 year old hilux.

To be fair, you should not look at stock investing as a primary means of making money. Investing 5,000 dollars won't do that much good anyway, since if you really want to make a lot of money from dividend and trading stock you'll need a lot more money to start with, know what you are doing, and have some luck... Investing is especially risky with the current economical climate, and low amount of money aren't going to do you much good, even if you don't lose it.

Really, you're better off just getting a job and saving up your money. Depending on the amount of time you have between now and the time you need it you could lend it out to certain institutions though for that too, you'll need a lot more than 5K.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Money makes the world go round.

I don't think there is a more factual statement in the world.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I have a decent job atm and a fair bit saved up. I don't tend to spend much, I prefer to save.

My life goal with money is to never, ever take on any kind of debt. I'm on track to being able to buy a new car in cash...a house will be much harder but I plan to do my utmost to pay that in full too.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To be fair, you should not look at stock investing as a primary means of making money. Investing 5,000 dollars won't do that much good anyway, since if you really want to make a lot of money from dividend and trading stock you'll need a lot more money to start with, know what you are doing, and have some luck... Investing is especially risky with the current economical climate, and low amount of money aren't going to do you much good, even if you don't lose it.

Really, you're better off just getting a job and saving up your money. Depending on the amount of time you have between now and the time you need it you could lend it out to certain institutions though for that too, you'll need a lot more than 5K.

The 5k I have is being spent on a car as I said. I'll be making 100k$+ after uni too.

qs2X.png

The 5k I have is being spent on a car as I said. I'll be making 100k$+ after uni too.

You mean you will have a consistent flow of money of 100K every year? xD

Somehow I get the feeling you're over-estimating your income... and ignoring the costs of life. :rolleyes:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'm a full-time high school student, and live with my parents. They pay for my food/house/insurance/gas. I get $5 for general household chores/as allowance. I should really get a job. I will next summer, either as a summer camp counselor or something else.

I currently possess like $25 and need $350 for goalie equipment, so I won't be buying anything major until after February.

Either you're well connected, or you're supremely arrogant.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I wish graduating university guaranteed me 100K. Three months post graduating, I'm currently living in Los Angeles unemployed search for any job available related to my area of study. Starting pay will most likely be no more the 30k a year.

tFtfA.jpg

I worked a landscaping job for a while. Made less than half of minimum wage, paid under the table, thirty hours a week. I take pride in that... Apart from that, mostly similar work. Take little jobs when they're available. I don't need much money. My car's paid off, insurance is pretty cheap for someone my age, don't use tons of gas or anything. Nice and easy.

Once I'm in the military, I don't plan on making the same financial mistakes most guys I see make. Nah, I get almost all of my needs taken care of. What little I make is going straight into savings.

Also, my hit collab EP is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5v417mAnI&list=FLYZlz_W7RRws&index=1

(can I get an lol? no? so something with money in it isn't really that related? oh, ok)

damn, Lent you made that song? That's the most excellent drumstep I've heard in AGES

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

damn, Lent you made that song? That's the most excellent drumstep I've heard in AGES

Friend of mine handled most of the technical aspects. I can hardly take credit for its actual creation, just its inception.

As to making money, $100k+ is high, but possible. My brother-in-law started out at 80k (plus some 15k additional starting bonus), is now at something like 130k after two years. Engineer for Exxon. So it isn't exactly far-fetched, especially if OP graduates college after a few years, once the world's (presumably) out of this slump.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I live in one of the most expensive places in the world yet am one of the least materialistic people I know. I'm looking into pursuing peds surgery, specifically trauma or burn which in some cases pays well albeit considerably less than ortho or neuro. Having grown up in a developing nation where doctor's salaries are ridiculously small, I was always taken back by how much they cared about the patients and the quality of care they provided. I'm somewhat sickened by how so many kids want to be doctors and lawyers just because of the pay. Trust me when I say this, rich people are no more happy than those working minimum wage. With that said, I urge that you don't choose a job or a field based on pay and instead do what you truly care about and are interested in.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

Currently i get whatever i need from my parents (father, to be more specific).

This time next year i'll be making about $6 000 US a month in a "junior" position.

With 10 years' experience (assuming job market stays more or less the same) i could easily make ~$25 000 US a month.

That said, I've been poor, i've been wealthy. Money has no meaning to me. As long as i can provide while doing what i love, life's good.