Let's help Jagex mop up the fishing guild

Peronix

woot yes do something about it. its so frustrating watching someone have a computer fish for them while u are putting in all the effort.

here's my way of dealing with the problem

jagex could go through the highscores and find accounts with high lvls in one skill and 1 in all others. then these accounts would be looked at, how many hours they play etc etc to see if they are like autoers-- playing ridiculous hours a day and such. a message would then be sent to these players, and if a message is not replyed with in say 20 days explaining why it is a legit account, that account would get banned, and after that the person could still give a letter explaining why he didn't reply or something i dunno, just a thought. it would be very hard 2 find out stuff from repositries, unless jagex went to these sights, bought some money and finds out who trade with them?!?! just a though but something definantly needs to be done.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of this is already covered in one of my posts over here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=380663

i still agree something should be done...

And especially the part that DroolMAN wrote is usefull, to get the ACTUAL bad guy...

Jagex could also scour ebay and try to "entrap" these sellers (its still illegal, no matter what you write it out to be)...

another solution could be to actually ban those who would BUY a million gp, or even a whole account...

Personally, i'd report everyone who even mentions the fact of trading accounts or similar actions, no matter how long theyve been on my friends list

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

we should make a new TET event in fishing guild called auto stomp :)

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Also one tip..Wear white and have white hair...Then they will think you are a fishing spot ;)

Also, if yuo are a player mod or a mod checking out autoers...DONT talk..That will make them log out on the second!

most of this is already covered in one of my posts over here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=380663

i still agree something should be done...

And especially the part that DroolMAN wrote is usefull, to get the ACTUAL bad guy...

Jagex could also scour ebay and try to "entrap" these sellers (its still illegal, no matter what you write it out to be)...

another solution could be to actually ban those who would BUY a million gp, or even a whole account...

Personally, i'd report everyone who even mentions the fact of trading accounts or similar actions, no matter how long theyve been on my friends list

Ok, well I read thorough it... you might want to change the part where it says throw a gnomball at someone with a whip, because you can't throw it at them if their right hand is occupied. If you could just use the gnomeballs like that, then you'd see many AFK pkers running around with em'.

Just make sure it does not become a witch-hunt.
yeah i know this guy augs something or other he was like lvl 3 in rsc and in the fishing guild he was like 99 fishing and cooking or something similar to that... He plays rs2 now he's a legit fisher and he's low lvl.. I've talked to him on many occasions in the guild he is also a member of these boards.. No every low lvl with high fishing is an auto trainer... if you don't get a response from em get a player mod if they dont' have them report... Its kinda like this guy i met cuttin yews he was lvl 113 or so he never said a word but cut his lil heart out people thought he was autoin till they found out he was only muted lol....

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

1. Look at their level. If they are a very low level (25-) and they are fishing sharks, 9 times out of 10 they will be an autoer.

2. If that isn't enough for you, look their names up in the highscores. If their name only appears on fishing, and is somewhere above level 70, chances are they aren't a skiller.

3. If that still isn't enough, observe them for awhile. Usually autoers exhibit behavior that is very unlike an honest player. Here's a list of them:

a)Usually if a random even appears, like a troll, they will be very slow to respond to it, and will run after 10 seconds. Also, after running, they will stand where they ran to for like 15 seconds and then return to fishing.

b)When randoms like dwarves, highwaymen, and pirates appear, they will ignore them until a bit after they start firing.

c)If their fishing spot moves, usually they will be slower than all of the honest players to move, and on top of that, when they finally do move, they will move in a very akward way, almost gliding, like clockwork.

d)They will normally ignore genies and sandwitch ladies. If a suspected autobot gets one of those randoms, then write their names down. The minute they get teleported away, report them. A snapshot of this activity will normally be a lot more incriminating than just simply reporting them any other time.

4. Also, another way would be to add them to your friend's list. If they appear red, than means they have private turned off. Most autoers turn chat off to make themselves look like skillers with their chat off. Well, in my experience, normally low leveled skillers are pretty talkative. And, even better, if they have private on, keep PMing them. If after awhile they don't PM back telling you to shut up, then 99% of the time they will be an autoer.

5. A slightly time consuming but funny way to id one would be to go collect gnomeballs (you have to bank them after each game), and throw them at autoers if they don't have a weapon wielded. This will also let people that come after you log out that that person is most likely an autoer, and some may be more inclined to report them.

Did you post this like 1 week ago?

1. Zzzamorak! And lots of other pures! If they're 25- maybe they just hate combat or something! You have no reason for reporting them!

2. There's a guy who has like 80+ wc... And he never autoed! And it's a lot easier to train pure skillers in only 1 skill!!!!!

3. a. Maybe they're talking to friends! And maybe they have to look at the keyboard! Or they could be AFK-ing on high-detail! And they only look at the RS window once every minute or when they hear combat sounds!

b. Same as a.

c. Same as a.

d. Same as a.

4. a. They could have private chat on private and be talking with friends!

b. They could have private chat on on and be talking to friends! Or they could be not seeing the private chat because it's greenish... Or they could be AFK-ing!

5. If they log out, it could be because their AFK-ing...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Im almost certain that a mass ban is coming...sadly with mass ban's come errors, so hopefully no one is wrongfuly acused

Let's all pray that it does happen very soong .. with the least number of wrongfully banned :D

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

I don't know if this has been said or not, but just because a low level is working on skills and not talking to you doesn't mean he is auto-ing. In my early days I had tons of people accuse me of auto-ing because I was either occupied with other things (like talking on the phone while I mined) or I simply wanted nothing to do with the people trying to talk to me.

Point is... don't assume somebody is auto-ing simply because they ignore you. Sure they might be, but there should be more evidence than that before you go making reports.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

1. Look at their level. If they are a very low level (25-) and they are fishing sharks, 9 times out of 10 they will be an autoer.

Your Logic is flawed.

OK I look around guild right now as im fishing, and there are 5 people who meet this criteria of autoer, but the reason we don't report is , because of there are legit fishers at that level, and we have no proof to back up they are autoing. OK I guess we can go gnome ball crazy, but we are here to fish, and we don't want to waste our time reporting every lvl 5 that fishes sharks.

Autoers are bad for business though if your a shark fisher. I will definitely have to say that's why I don't like them, but I deal with lobbs.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

I know that there is no rule that says only 1 person is limited to 1 account. However, if the person is suspected to use the account as a pawn, action can be taken against them.

There is however a rule stating you are entitled to have several characters, but they CANNOT interact with each other. So they are breaking a rule, they can be banned.

I totally agree with you, low-level pure-skill autoers are meant to gather ressources which they transfer to a main character. On F2P it is a little more difficult to detect there is only one user behind all the characters, maybe based on the IP address. But on P2P it is quite easy - if the same contact details are provided for several characters detected as autoers and for another char and these chars have interacted with each other, the user can be banned forever.

However, writing the above, I just realized... Why would Jadex want to ban p2p accounts? They run a bussiness and these are money-making clients....

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

I know that there is no rule that says only 1 person is limited to 1 account. However, if the person is suspected to use the account as a pawn, action can be taken against them.

There is however a rule stating you are entitled to have several characters, but they CANNOT interact with each other. So they are breaking a rule, they can be banned.

I totally agree with you, low-level pure-skill autoers are meant to gather ressources which they transfer to a main character. On F2P it is a little more difficult to detect there is only one user behind all the characters, maybe based on the IP address. But on P2P it is quite easy - if the same contact details are provided for several characters detected as autoers and for another char and these chars have interacted with each other, the user can be banned forever.

However, writing the above, I just realized... Why would Jadex want to ban p2p accounts? They run a bussiness and these are money-making clients....

Problem with the no interaction rule is that the loop hole that allows a player to transfer funds from one character to another. All you have to do is have a friend trade the money to your account, but its stupid due to this same rule if jagex bans an autoer they can't ban the main if the main had not actually been used with the auto program.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

To address the folks saying that "Just 'cause someones a low level doesn't mean they are autoing", you're failing to address all the other points.

If you react to random events, don't wear the default avatar, get rid of gnomeballs that appear, and react properly to moving fishing spots and whatnot, then you have no fear of being reported.

The low level notion is just PART of the diagnosis. Without 90% of the diagnosis, you would be risking wrongfully reporting someone.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

Why would Jadex want to ban p2p accounts? They run a bussiness and these are money-making clients....

I used to play a game called Utopia, which was claiming 100k+ players around the time I quit. Problem with that game though is that the biggest rule in the game (pretty much the only rule) isn't enforced worth jack. Thousands have quit the game in disgust with changes the owner has made, but this lack of rule enforcement is a huge issue, and most the players who still play (that I've kept in contact with) tell me they don't even care about the game, they just play to keep in contact with their friends.

The point is, if Jagex didn't ban p2p accounts for breaking the rules, it would result in huge increases of players breaking rules that they see they can get away with, which would then result in higher losses of legitimate players who quit in disgust. Banning a minority of rule-breaking players keeps the majority in the game.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I look on ebay every few months or so just out of curiosity (how much would my account sell for if I would sell it, not that I want to?)

There used to be quite a lively trade in RS accounts, RS cash, expensive RS items, hack and cheat programs, and guides on leveling and making money. But not any more.

Right now ebay runescape is spammed to death by suspicious money sale companies who sell RS cash for rock bottom prices. Often only $7 per million, sometimes much lower if in large quantity. There are like 2000 listings, 98% is money sale companies.

The other listings seem to have almost dried up, chased away by the massive spamming.

The money sale companies seem to have the following things in common:

-The sellers are all based in China

-They all have approx. 10 feedback, all positive

-of those giving feedback, they all have in turn either 10 feedback, no feedback or are "no longer registered".

-Both the sellers and feedback givers look like they have a computer-generated name.

EVERY listing gets sold. Often dozens of listings get sold a few seconds apart from each other ("buy now" option). Looks like the seller has automatic scripts running to spam ebay, buy the listings and generate feedback. It totals many hundreds of millions of RS money a day, if they were actual sales.

I do not know whether this seller actually sells RS coins or not, perhaps he is just a scammer who runs with the (real) money after he gets it, and who hides his bad feedback behind tons of fake identities. I have no interest in finding out. Or perhaps it is somebody who works in a large computer centre, and lets hundreds of computers auto for him each night. Or perhaps he hires a bunch of Chinese school children to play the game for him for 3rd world wages (like $0.10 per hour) and generate lots of cash through fishing or so.

Or perhaps he is hired by Jagex to kill the ebay market on RS through spam, if you like conspiracy theories.

Most if not all of the listings have a link to a site where you supposedly can buy RS cash outside of ebay. I wouldn`t recommend clicking on any of them due to the risk of keyloggers. In the past I lost an account (luckily not my main) due to a keylogger a few days after browsing through several commercial sites out of curiosity. The keylogger was later found and removed by anti-spyware software but the damage was done.

4. Also, another way would be to add them to your friend's list. If they appear red, than means they have private turned off. Most autoers turn chat off to make themselves look like skillers with their chat off. Well, in my experience, normally low leveled skillers are pretty talkative. And, even better, if they have private on, keep PMing them. If after awhile they don't PM back telling you to shut up, then 99% of the time they will be an autoer.

=\ What about people who keep private to "friends"?

Anyway, I've been accused of autoing PLENTY of times... Just because I'm perm mute and I'm a no life... So I can't say no I'm not autoing, and sometimes I'm working for a certain goal in a skill so I repeat the same skill for hours. Same happens when I fool around, I'll follow some random person for half hour or so not saying anything.

i admire this Topic. its true there are a TON of autoers. this is not fair to the honest player. I guess for me its not terrible because ive been buying sharks like mad. Im the jerk whos bringing cooked sharks prices down. im not here to make a profit, im here to raise skills. but yeh i hate autoers and there tons of them in the fishing guild. i spend alot of time at this guild and im getting tired of it, but Jagex wont do anything so why bother.

mysig11sv5.png

One word of advice: banning IP or accounts dont not work.

IP can be easily reseted by changing ISP, or if you are on broadband, simply disconnect and reconnect.

The dudes who make "pawns" have tutorial doers and power fishers (for the first 76 lvls) and often have several computers with several accounts logged in on each computer. Banning one account simply means that the guy has to auto a new account for a day to 76 fishing.

Also the pawns would keep their cash in new "mule" accounts, so i dont think banning the pawns would do any dent to their cash

Just meh 2 cents :roll: