24-Aug-2011 - Save 15% on the price of membership!

Stev

I am hoping to sell my 7K snaps for 10K each for 70M, then I can buy infernal ashes to use for turm...

I also hope that people will be selling bandos armor to buy supplies for bxpw, and I can get the BCP and tassets for under $30M

That would be a nice bxpw haul, cheap BCP and tassets, 99 herblore, and profit to get me to turm....

thegame1431.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was like...O no bxpw announcement but this 15% discount thing huh let's see what thats all about *quickly skips through boring text to highlighted pieces* *reads bxpw dates*

OMGF WTF BBQ!!@#

Thats a huge weight off my back, thanks Jagex.

Not that I didnt predict this all but still they managed to get under my skin a bit.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Haha you save less than 1 whole dollar per month. Amazing.

The way they are trying to get more subscribers now is pathetic.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I would lol if they nerfed herblore for bxpw

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Jagex offering a discount on membership? That's completely unthinkable! It's not like no other company ever has ever offered their product(s) for a reduced price or run a promotional offer at some point in time to attract more customers. No. Just Jagex has done that, and doing so is appparently a sign of desperation.

:roll:

You know, it's comments like these which lead me to believe that the real problem is that some players are, as you say, truly pathetic and will complain about anything Jagex does. I think that some people forget that Jagex is a business, and as a business they're going to do things to attract more paying customers. The fact of the matter is that some players-- quite possibly some players would would not have renewed their membership-- will take advantage of the offer, and that's always a good thing for the future of the game.

Jagex offering a discount on membership? That's completely unthinkable! It's not like no other company ever has ever offered their product(s) for a reduced price or run a promotional offer at some point in time to attract more customers. No. Just Jagex has done that, and doing so is appparently a sign of desperation.

You know, it's comments like these which lead me to believe that the real problem is that some players are, as you say, truly pathetic and will complain about anything Jagex does. I think that some people forget that Jagex is a business, and as a business they're going to do things to attract more paying customers. The fact of the matter is that some players-- quite possibly some players would would not have renewed their membership-- will take advantage of the offer, and that's always a good thing for the future of the game.

You fail to see that Jagex isn't getting any new members, just bots.

Attract customers? Excuse me, but you know that to properly do that is to improve the product itself. How is a discount going to phenomenally increase membership when Runescape still constantly suffers from botting and rwt? Using methods like that is just saying you are desperate and craving for more customers. If a product was selling well, then there wouldn't be discounts will they? The price would most likely increase to meet the demand customers are willing to pay for.

Meh. Nothing special.

The only thing that even slightly awakened me is being able to try out RSC.

Don't get your hopes up.

RSC will be abandoned after a month again, just like last time.

I wanted to start all over on rsc, with the endgoal of doing all the quests. Started with herblore since that is like the #1 way to make money in rsc, but in the first weeks rsc was overrun and all herb supplies were bought out. (couple of shops per world, same stock for everyone) and after a couple of weeks everyone was gone, shops were filled but noone to sell you unids/herbs...

EDIT: I'm stocking up on herb supplies now and with all the new guys coming I'll buy a bunch of herbs from them. :thumbsup:

EDIT 2: I guess that referral thingy won't work on RSC, right? :-P

• The Branches of Darkmeyer: Please don't be like Salt in the Wound...
  • The Dominion Tower: Why does steeple chasing come to mind? :unsure:
  • The Ritual of the Mahjarrat: YAY! O_O
  • Slayer Dungeon: I have to agree with Blyaunte on this one... Remove bots before adding more dungeons please? =X
  • Bonus XP weekend: Ohh this should be good... ^_^
  • Halloween and Thanksgiving holiday events: So this means we won't see repeat stuff for Thanksgiving right? Right? *Silence* Oh... :ohnoes:
  • RuneScape Classic: Eh.... No comment.

You fail to see that Jagex isn't getting any new members, just bots.

This is an asinine statement, least because even if every new member was a bot, it'd still be a new member.

Attract customers? Excuse me, but you know that to properly do that is to improve the product itself. How is a discount going to phenomenally increase membership when Runescape still constantly suffers from botting and rwt? Using methods like that is just saying you are desperate and craving for more customers. If a product was selling well, then there wouldn't be discounts will they? The price would most likely increase to meet the demand customers are willing to pay for.

If people were willing to pay a higher price for Runescape than they currently are, and Jagex would acquire more revenue than they otherwise would be raising prices, then Jagex would raise the price to play Runescape. However, Jagex isn't raising their prices right now, meaning that , as far as Runescape is concerned, we can assume that the market is more-or-less in equilibrium right now. By that I mean that the present cost of membership generates the max amount of revenue for Jagex and either increasing the price of membership or decreasing the price of membership would result in less revenue.

But, anyway, to answer your question, here's how. For your information, there was a post on the RSOF concerning bonus experience weekend a few weeks back in which a J-Mod said he expected BXP weekened to be in November because Fall is generally when membership is lowest. Now, we'll just assume that membership is lowest in the Fall and that Runescape follows the law of demand (as price decreases people are more apt to purchase Runescape membership). Offering a 15% discount in the price of Runescape membership over a three month period, which would pretty much cover all of the Fall in which membership is lowest, would increases demand, which means more membership relative to what Jagex would have gotten otherwise and more revenue. Of course, some smart [wagon] will probably chime in with this decreasing Jagex's profits as pre-existing members take advantage of a lower membership relative to what they're currently playing, but that's not likely to happen on a big scale. I'll probably still be playing through the fall. So will many people here. Few of us are going to take part of the promotional offer as that would require changing the way we pay for the game. The people most likely to take part in it are the people who otherwise wouldn't be members. That's revenue for Jagex that they wouldn't have received otherwise. This is similar to how fast food restaurants tend to offer good deals at the beginning of the New Year in order to offset people wanting to eat out less due to their New Year's resolution of wanting to lose weight.

Some people simply live to complain about anything. Newsflash to some of you; Jagex is a company. That includes Jagex. All companies want to make money. Complaining about a company offering a promotional offer-- which pretty much EVERY company does to attract paying customers, as it's an integral form of marketing-- makes absolutely no sense at all.

Pretty much this. It doesn't work for Runescape because it's slowly killing itself from bots, bad economy, very-badly planned out updates and ideas and marketing gimmiks. Then there's something like Valve, which gets ALOT of customers, their happy, developers are happy, buyers are happy, so Valve rewards that by giving specials while still giving the same satisfaction.

Popoto.~<3

Am I the only one who thinks this new 3 month renewal is intended to keep people locked in and get an extra $10 if they decide to quit?

It's more likely a tactic to get money early. Obviously the three dollars Jagex loses per membership is worth less then having to wait the three months to get it. Business do this all the time for various reasons. My guess is that Jagex's books are looking pretty [cabbage]ty, and they hope that they can "cook the books" a little with prepaid membership. Because membership is non-refundable, they don't need to mark future membership as an expense, and can make their equity look a little better.

But that is entirely my speculation.

w4M8t.png

Lamest way to announce a Bonus XP weekend ever. That being said, I am going to save myself some money by taking the discount.

EDIT: Never mind, I would only be saving myself .95 cents a month. oh well I make bank [cabbages]!

wessan.png

Lamest way to announce a Bonus XP weekend ever. That being said, I am going to save myself some money by taking the discount.

EDIT: Never mind, I would only be saving myself .95 cents a month. oh well I make bank [cabbages]!

That's exactly what I said in the previous page.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I think I'll stick with the good ol' Save 100% plan. icon_e_wink.gif

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours