31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

Oh and side note:

I wonder what the rock Drakan has been locked away studying to centuries is?

I'd guess maybe soul rune altar, perhaps Drakan is trying to gain a soul would kinda fit with the seemingly immortal icyene race; especially as there's not really any other major rocks we have knowledge of that it could be. After all we know Lucien has Stone of Jas which rules that out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The darkness I don;t see how people are having an issue:

As soon as he says about darkness and gets shield up around him just clikc to run away from him as far as possible. I never once got hit by the shadow.

Maybe you have good internet then, cause I could never evade it even while running away.

My problem is if I click away, sometimes I run diagonal from him (because of point finding) and he hits me while I'm running diagonal to a point on the wall.

Because of that I tried to make sure to align myself horizontal to him and a wall, so I can run straight to the wall, but it still hits me if I don't click fast enough. The range of stakes is only 2 squares and you need to be at least 5-6 squares away from him or he does damage regardless of which direction you are facing.

The attack goes WAY to fast. It would be OK if it gave like 1-2 seconds more warning, but if you have slower reflexes or a slower connection, its impossible to evade it.

Then I go into the blood phase with like 400 LP so he is almost impossible to beat. The only times I've even survived into the blood phase is when he doesn't use darkness. Otherwise the first blood spell hits me right off the bat and I'm under 100 LP or dead.

I could record it if you don't believe me?

I'm all for bosses using different strategies, but god sakes, they need to not make bosses based on speed or internet connection. Or at least have a boss that adjusts to the player and gets easier after you fail killing him 20 times. Quests are supposed to be about the storyline anyways, not struggling for 2+ hours to kill a boss because your internet connection is slow.

Oh and side note:

I'd guess maybe soul rune altar, perhaps Drakan is trying to gain a soul would kinda fit with the seemingly immortal icyene race; especially as there's not really any other major rocks we have knowledge of that it could be. After all we know Lucien has Stone of Jas which rules that out.

Why does it rule the Stone of Jas out? I would say that its not possible for it to be anything other than the stone. After all, Drakan's sister never says that whatever it is that hes obsessed with is in his possession.

Sylpheed.png

@BeNiceOk I had lag and I was using polearm so I was right beside him...

Oh and side note:

Why does it rule the Stone of Jas out? I would say that its not possible for it to be anything other than the stone. After all, Drakan's sister never says that whatever it is that hes obsessed with is in his possession.

Because she said he FOUND/DISCOVERED the stone and locked himself away WITH the stone to study it and hasn't been out in centuries. Which is also confirmed by some of the dialogues with sentinels in upper tier who also clearly indicate Drakan is locked away with the stone.

So yes it is in his possession.

Which rules out Stone of Jas.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did the quest last night and managed to survive the shadow attacks by just eating a ton.

Running and looking away doesn't stop the damage Sy. Apparently by the RSOF you also need to turn the camera away from him too.

lol wat, thats blatently RSOF unreliable nonsensical babble. Camera view would never effect combat.

Plus the sheer number of good reliable questers on this thread who have beat him and avoided damage from the shadow attack by just running away kinda proves otherwise; especially since standard combat tactic is to keep the camera on the foe.

I certainly kept my camera pointed at Vanstrom for the entire fight all 3 times and no shadow attack damage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If you die during the fight, do you keep your items like in Nomad's?

Well unless I'm pressing my characters face against the wall, it hits me regardless of which direction I'm facing. I'll record it later to show you.

Also, from the lore we have, wasn't castle Draken the location of "portal" from which the Maj came from? Icynes owned the area until the Maj appeared and took over. Perhaps the portal was sealed and the "stone" in Castle Draken is him trying to re-open the portal. That would make sense if they are trying to get more Maj through the portal to sacrifice knowing that without adding more Maj, they would eventually all die out using the ritual.

If you die during the fight, do you keep your items like in Nomad's?

No but grave spawns outside the house.

The house is like 10-20 squares from the Darkmeyer tele point on medallion and it seems medallion and the darkmeyer outfit are all auto-kept on death.

So you can jsut throw it bk on tele and grab ur stuff

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Right, that's what I meant. Thanks.

Well unless I'm pressing my characters face against the wall, it hits me regardless of which direction I'm facing. I'll record it later to show you.

Also, from the lore we have, wasn't castle Draken the location of "portal" from which the Maj came from? Icynes owned the area until the Maj appeared and took over. Perhaps the portal was sealed and the "stone" in Castle Draken is him trying to re-open the portal. That would make sense if they are trying to get more Maj through the portal to sacrifice knowing that without adding more Maj, they would eventually all die out using the ritual.

No.

The Desert gods in kharidian desert summoned the mahjaratt to this plane; then wanting power the mahjaratt joined forces with Zaros.

At this time the area was Hallowland with Hallowvale city of Icyene on tht site.

Then during the godwars Drakan seiged the city, captured their king and forced surrender.

No mahjaratt links to the city at all; heck barely any to that area other than Sliske cursing Barrows brothers. But he gave them the armours mid-way on their trip so even thats more likely to be northern morytania/paterdomus area.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No mahjaratt links to the city at all; heck barely any to that area other than Sliske cursing Barrows brothers. But he gave them the armours mid-way on their trip so even thats more likely to be northern morytania/paterdomus area.

Then what about this?

dra6u.jpg

dnbjv8.jpg

ip035w.jpg

33x9ctw.jpg

Then what about this?

dra6u.jpg

dnbjv8.jpg

ip035w.jpg

33x9ctw.jpg

It explains Drakan's dominance over the land, theories on where he came from and the tale of a Queen from a far away land ruling before him; which is backed up by other books to be the Queen Effitertir (something like tht) who was an Icyene and ruled Hallowvale with her husband until Drakan seiged the city cpatured jher husband and forced her to surrender the city to him. Which is also further backed up by Drakan's sister telling us this Queen is Safalaan's mother and he is half Icyene.

Nothing in there says mahjratt, only portal-type reference is something think that he (Drakan) came from beneath the ground of one of the castles and even that is suggested to be tunnels leading to a flaming abyss type location and not an actual portal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh and side note:

Because she said he FOUND/DISCOVERED the stone and locked himself away WITH the stone to study it and hasn't been out in centuries. Which is also confirmed by some of the dialogues with sentinels in upper tier who also clearly indicate Drakan is locked away with the stone.

If the Sentinels do say that, then i guess it can't be Jas. However, I have Screenies of her chat and she never explicitly states that Drakan has it in his possession, only that "He's locked himself away obsessing over some old stone."

Sylpheed.png

Oh and side note:

If the Sentinels do say that, then i guess it can't be Jas. However, I have Screenies of her chat and she never explicitly states that Drakan has it in his possession, only that "He's locked himself away obsessing over some old stone."

I swear she explicitly says he has it down 1 dialogue routes, I recall reading it; unless it was jsut my english analytical mind breaking that sentence down to the implicit suggestion he has it as shown below.

If he didn't have it he would be obsessed by/with it not obsessed to over it. Obsessed over it implies ownership so one can constantly tinker with, explore study etc the object. Plus the tense factor, an object you don't is generally obsessed while having the object is usually obsessing.

Eg Susan is obsessed with a bag in topshop vs Susan is obsessing over her new bag.

Plus theres the locking away factor, if he doesnt have it but is obsessed by it he'd be logically be out looking for it not locked away; especially given the fact he has been locked away for centuries.

Based on that sentence alone there is some wiggle room, but the specific wording is suggestive of him owning the stone, but yeah I swear one of the sentinels very clearly say he's locked away with the stone; but their dialogue is effected by what route you go with the choices so some could miss it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Did the quest last night and managed to survive the shadow attacks by just eating a ton.

Running and looking away doesn't stop the damage Sy. Apparently by the RSOF you also need to turn the camera away from him too.

lol wat, thats blatently RSOF unreliable nonsensical babble. Camera view would never effect combat.

Plus the sheer number of good reliable questers on this thread who have beat him and avoided damage from the shadow attack by just running away kinda proves otherwise; especially since standard combat tactic is to keep the camera on the foe.

I certainly kept my camera pointed at Vanstrom for the entire fight all 3 times and no shadow attack damage.

I faced away from him every time, sometimes I even pre-empted his shadow attacks and still got hit damage, I tried running and facing walls, facing away from him at an angle, directly facing away from him, and still got hit no matter what, only a few times did I not take any damage.

There has to be something more than simply facing away from him, maybe you need to face the pillars, maybe it could be the camera angle. But facing away from him is not enough to stop damage.

Yeah.

joo_jagex.png

Yeah.

joo_jagex.png

Jmods often post nonsense that turns out to be incorrect tbf and thats certainly not a jmod name known for reliable info.

But like I said I never turned the camera off Vanstrom and I avoided all shadow damage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah.

joo_jagex.png

Jmods often post nonsense that turns out to be incorrect tbf and thats certainly not a jmod name known for reliable info.

But like I said I never turned the camera off Vanstrom and I avoided all shadow damage.

It's the mod who made the quest... she'd know more than anyone else.

Yeah.

joo_jagex.png

Yeah of course, the creator of the quest not being reliable.

Yeah.

joo_jagex.png

Well, she is the main developer of this quest and she posted some other serious replies on that thread (It's on High level forums). I trust her on this.

Fair enough, but either way I 100% know I didn't take my cam off Vanstrom and actively rotated it to keep an eye on him and I didn't get hit by shadow attacks at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Fair enough, but either way I 100% know I didn't take my cam off Vanstrom and actively rotated it to keep an eye on him and I didn't get hit by shadow attacks at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if all it takes is a subtle flick of the camera angle to keep you safe to be honest, that may be what happened.