31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry but jagex just failed with this quest.

The boss fight is interesting but they just made it to much of a jad fight. All of us with slow internet just cant beat him. His shadow attack is just too fast that we cant turn away and we take the 100-300 hits every time. His blood attack that teles you near him just cant be avoided. And the fact that all of his blood attack are aoe also make it hard to avoid when he goes flight mode on you. Nevermind that he can also freeze you.

If he would be like nomad where his attacks follow a patern then it wouldn't be to bad. As it is, its just to hard to avoid his attacks unless you have a decent internet. Nevermind the piles and piles of graves that make it almost imposible to get your items back without tele grabs.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The boss fight is interesting but they just made it to much of a jad fight. All of us with slow internet just cant beat him. His shadow attack is just too fast that we cant turn away and we take the 100-300 hits every time. His blood attack that teles you near him just cant be avoided. And the fact that all of his blood attack are aoe also make it hard to avoid when he goes flight mode on you. Nevermind that he can also freeze you.

If he would be like nomad where his attacks follow a patern then it wouldn't be to bad. As it is, its just to hard to avoid his attacks unless you have a decent internet. Nevermind the piles and piles of graves that make it almost imposible to get your items back without tele grabs.

The attacks do follow a pattern from what I've seen.

Normal > blood pools > normal > healing velds > normal > shadow > normal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was too busy to pay attention to the order, but the duration of each modes seem to vary every time i went to battle with him.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Am pretty sure I had him do healing velds 2x in a row. :s

jagerbluebt1.gif

He did that to me too; but he did nothing between healing velds 1 and healing velds 2 so didn't break pattern

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it probably does go in that order, but the duration of each attack can be different, he may do the bloodvelds once or he may do it 3 times.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

The only problem I didn't like was the explanation for why the amulet was allowed another teleport option. The guy said something along the lines of, "Idk how I did that but wierd things have been happening lately".

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Well World 82 crashed just as I was the tree and now i'm stuck logged in until Jagex fix their [bleep]ing failure of a server. Seriously have they had a stroke and lost all technological capability in the past few weeks? Constant problems with their game!!!!!!! >:(

asrhasrh.jpg

Servers are down, seems you are stuck logged in. -.-

LOL 100 Guests!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I hate having a real job where i cant play until i get home around 4 PM pacific

So do I, but I got let off today after burning myself. Go run your hand under a boiling hot water tap whilst making a cup of coffee for a client like I did next time. <_<

Is this the end of multirunning Barrows then? Surely the teleport to Burgh de Rott and back to Barrows is not only free, but faster and safer because you can reload on supplies, none of which is true for tracing your way back through the tunnels and starting with Dharok again.

This makes barrows a lot easier. Knock out a run in 5 mins, ardy cloak to monostary for pray, tele back to barrows and repeat. I got a brassy in about 5 runs after trying it. 200k. Meh.

Salve ammy does work against vyrewatch, yes or no? Or does the medallion work better regardless?

I really enjoyed the quest! :smile:

They did a good job. But right now I'm wondering about something.

[hide]With these new weapons to kill vyrewatch. Does it even matter to have killed 500 vyrewatch with an ivandis flail as the new weapons are more powerful? :-|

I guess that's why they increased its power versus vampyres? So the ivandis flail will be used to kill regular vampyres?[/hide]

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

This makes barrows a lot easier. Knock out a run in 5 mins, ardy cloak to monostary for pray, tele back to barrows and repeat. I got a brassy in about 5 runs after trying it. 200k. Meh.

Salve ammy does work against vyrewatch, yes or no? Or does the medallion work better regardless?

wa?

Medallion is only teles + cosmetic afaik

And no vyres are not undead so salve don't work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

wa?

According to TIF's bestiary, they are. Also the medallion thing was from a post I saw a couple pages back about it increasing damage vs vyres. Probably isn't true.

wa?

According to TIF's bestiary, they are. Also the medallion thing was from a post I saw a couple pages back about it increasing damage vs vyres. Probably isn't true.

I don't see why a Vampyre artefact would boost damage against them, especially an item it is implied a lot of them use as a means of getting around. And can't say anything in-game dialogues remotely suggested it would do as such.

It makes about as much sense as it would for the vampires to have a blisterwood orchid, Canafis selling wolfbanes etc.

And last I checked not all of tip.its Undeads are considered undead by salve. It's just there's monsters that don't fit any category other than undead

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So the 150k exp can be used on any stat with at least level 69. I used it on my lowest skill (Dungeoneering) and got 2 levels (69-71). Obviously I don't know what the minimum level cut-off is to use the books on, if there is one. I personally really enjoyed the quest. For anyone who hasn't beaten him I suggest turning on the sound. The voice over work for the final boss is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Great quest all and all. Nice work Jagex.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

So the 150k exp can be used on any stat with at least level 69. I used it on my lowest skill (Dungeoneering) and got 2 levels (69-71). Obviously I don't know what the minimum level cut-off is to use the books on, if there is one. I personally really enjoyed the quest. For anyone who hasn't beaten him I suggest turning on the sound. The voice over work for the final boss is pretty awesome in my opinion.

The skill has to be over 60 for reward.

I tried it on my Dungeoneering (lvl 30) & it said it needed to be at least level 60.

As I read, I was literally just getting the rewards. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Kuradal, Sumona & Chaeldar assign Vyrewatch now as mentioned above.

i hope its not another terrible task thats a waste of 30 points

Will be a good task, teleport straight to task and the damage isn't capped, you can pull off 600s-700s.. plus slayer helm a very quick task indeed.

You don't need to burn them either you can just leave the Vyres on the floor.

And i think they are aggresive if you do not use vyresuit as you use slayer helm. so it's kind afk.

Yeah they yell Human! and come at you.

Worth nothing good to keep the suit out though, otherwise you can't bank on site.

It doesn't seem to mention it anywhere, but slayer masters starting from Chaeldar can assign up to 110/120/130 vyrewatch after this quest.

Great :D always wanted them as a task. Now i really want to be able to do the quest...

One wonders if its actually after this quest they unlock; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze, it could just be they added them in as a task with this quest but can be assigned after seergaze

I did a stat examine on one (I'm not finished the quest) and it didn't say it was slayable.

Guess thats my answer then, unless it's jsut a missed detail change. Anyone check stat examine post-quest?

Well I did the stat examine before starting the quest. I just did one again (I'm after starting the quest now) and it doesn't show it's slayable.

howlin1eeveesig.png