31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would that work on larger display modes?

Assuming this is about the vanstrom off cam for shadow attack, perhaps that is why I managed to have him on cam but no damage?

I use resizeable, so perhaps the "edge" areas that are extra to the fixed display (eg area reward interfaces etc covers) are considered "off cam"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Good quest so far, although I have not finished it yet. Loving the story-line, despite some of it's minor "flaws".

I got as far as killing "Harold" -- realized it was 2:00 AM -- and decided I was better off going to bed. I will save the epic battle for tonight when I am awake -- ooh, or maybe tomorrow, because it's my clan's PC night tonight. :mellow:

That said, did anyone else have problems with epic lag while in Darkmeyer, last night? W48 was absolutely fricken BRUTAL! I'd click someplace and then have to wait 5-8 seconds before I'd move anywhere. I tried shutting down all my chats, and reduced my graphics levels and I STILL lagged.

... and while my Internet's not the fastest in the world, it's not THAT slow all the time and I am pretty sure none of my children were downloading the entire internet again, last night ...

... I think ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

The graphics around Darkmeyer are really well done, so needless to say it was really harsh on my laptop. Even on minimum settings, I was getting 5 second loading times :|

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The graphics around Darkmeyer are really well done, so needless to say it was really harsh on my laptop. Even on minimum settings, I was getting 5 second loading times :|

Ok -- so it's not only me then ... :unsure:

To be honest, I'm not sure sure my 'puter can handle it all that well at the best of times. It IS getting old -- seeing as I bought it in 2007.

Then again, though, I coulda sworn my kids were downloading the internet again ... <_<

nyuseg.png

I was getting some jumpy framerate issues in Darkmeyer. Doesn't sound to be the same lag you were experiencing, though. I think my problem stemmed from the dozens of people running around crapping out particle effects left and right while trying to run through the sneaking portion. Man, some people suck at sneaking. A number of times someone opened a door and unwittingly lured in a vyrewatch who then caught us both, friggin frustrating...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

How would that work on larger display modes?

Assuming this is about the vanstrom off cam for shadow attack, perhaps that is why I managed to have him on cam but no damage?

I use resizeable, so perhaps the "edge" areas that are extra to the fixed display (eg area reward interfaces etc covers) are considered "off cam"

She just said facing away. That could mean having him on cam but looking at his back. I always had him on cam but he was facing left on my screen. No matter how far I ran I took damage so this must be it.

Also, would using the medallion to craft blood runes by using the laboratory teleport and burgh de rott teleport be a new quick method? You'd never even need recharges.

EDIT: It's actually still a bit of a run :(

Nazgul.jpeg

I ran to the far corner of the room each time, never took damage. If you're on fixed, you just so happen to have him off your camera too, and he conveniently runs towards you after he does the shadow attack.

Vampyres are supposed to be aligned with Zamorak, correct? Anyone else find it weird that Vanstrom uses 3 of the 4 Zarosian elements (ice, blood, shadow)? Just a thought.

FAQ is up.

[hide]

How close do you need to be not to use up a charge on the amulet?

Mod Ana: It shouldn't use a charge if you are anywhere in Morytania, including the underground areas, but exluding Paterdomus. The Barrows should have been included in this, but seem to have been missed so will be added soon.

Why is Ranged at a disadvantage compared to Melee and Magic when it comes to the new weapons?

Mod Ana: Having stakes rather than a bow does require more logs however stakes are much more thematic when killing vampyres. The medallion teleport to the arboretum should make getting the logs a lot easier, especially as there is a bank outside, but if this still proves to be a major disadvantage for rangers, there's no reason why it couldn't be looked into in the future to make it more equal.

Why can't I gain Vyrelord or Vyrelady status if I choose not to kill the Meiyerditch citizens in Darkmeyer?

Mod Ana: We will soon be adding an alternative way of gaining status after the quest without having to kill any Meiyerditch citizens.

Will burning vyrewatch increase the effectiveness of the blisterwood weapons seeing as the Ivandis Flail is now pretty much obsolete?

Mod Ana: Yes, the number of vyrewatch corpses you burn does give you a small damage increase with all the blisterwood weapons. Previous vyrewatch burning also counts towards this, so if you burnt 500 before the update, you already have the full damage increase for your blisterwood weapons - you don't have to do all of it again. :P

Why was a medallion that gives the Burgh de Rott teleport included? Wouldn't this make Temple Trekking rewards useless?

Mod Ana: The Temple Trekking teleport is still a useful reward for players who don't have the levels to start Myreque 5 and access the medallion. Additionally, if you get stuck outside Morytania with no charges on your medallion, it's a quick way of getting back to Burgh de Rott to charge it.

Is it intended that we can't 'make-x' on making the blisterwood stakes?

Mod Ana: The make options for the weapons were designed so during the quest if a player had 3 logs they wouldn't accidentally make more than one of each weapon and have to go back to the tree. After the quest however, it would be more convenient to have a make-x option, so I will be looking at changing this for players who have completed the quest. :)

Does the new quest just ignore our progress on flail upgrades or do the upgrades also apply to new weaponry as well?

Mod Ana: As mentioned above, the damage boost you receive with the Ivandis Flail from burning vyrewatch corpses still applies to the blisterwood weapons.

Is it possible to make the titles like Vyrelord and Vyrewatch permanent?

Mod Ana: I chose not to do this as it didn't seem to make sense to be recognised as a vampyre unless you are in disguise as one. In addition, a lot of players find it off-putting having too many titles in their chat, so only having it for the disguise seemed to be a good compromise.

Will the wooded area between Darkmeyer and the Eastern Sea be used for a future update or is it just there to fill the gap?

Maybe you'll have to wait and see! ^_^

Will we see more boss fights like with others such as Vanstrom and Nomad?

Mod Ana: Of course I'd like to put more boss fights like these in, where suitable!

Why did you publish a walkthrough for this quest? Will such guides be a regular feature?

Mod Knox: RuneScape has had quest guides for a long time in the form of the Quest Help system. The decision was made to change to a walkthrough format as we felt our game guides simply werent really doing what we originally intended them to do. Were providing similar information in a different format.

The Branches of Darkmeyer is the first quest to have a guide in this format. We are looking at converting old Quest Helps over to the new walkthrough layout but were keen to see how our fans feel about official walkthroughs and to work with fan sites as theyre a valuable part of the community.

[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Stakes at a disadvantage? Do you know how much damage these things do because of the knife speed? If it weren't for the fact that the other two weapons also deal crazy high amounts, I'd be saying the stakes were overpowered. This is definitely a cheap way to train ranged.

Plus, the alerter works with it, so you don't need tons of them...which of course you would have anyway because chopping the blisterwood tree is faster than magics, and it regenerates fairly quickly and is independent of all other choppers. When the thing stops to regenerate you can spend that time carving stakes (they really need a craft-all on that, the amount of clicks is a little annoying).

Anyway, notes about the game's walkthrough:

Getting to the lookout point can be done slightly faster by just running around to the north of meiyerditch and turning back towards the south in a big ol upside down U path. Course, if you don't like spending that much run energy, you can always go their way.

LOVE the detailed maps.

When you're jumping through the lower district getting clothing, there's an empty house to the north that makes the run to the next house shorter instead of one long run to the east house. DO NOT CLOSE THE DOORS BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER PLAYERS ALSO DOING THE RUN, and the vyres don't really follow you well enough to get through the door half the time, if they even manage to detect you at all. Hell, there's this one juvinate in one of the houses that doesn't even notice you.

I didn't even know you could taunt her with the Gadderhammer....details like this would have surely gone unnoticed had they not made their own walkthrough. I think we could all benefit from behind the scenes info like that more often, seeing as it is in the best interests of the developers to make sure all of their features were at some point made use of rather than never being known.

Gee, NOW they tell us about turning the camera away? They also don't even say it outright.

8f14270694.jpg

"The list of spells available through the Borrowed Power spell now includes the following: High Alchemy, Bones to Peaches, Teleport to House, Vulnerability, and Magic Dart."

Still useless.

High alch is kinda useful and I always use house tabs to get anywhere; still, for combat we need surge spells and more importantly, they need to get rid of the necklace BS and the extra cost.

I suppose teleblock/ice barrage/venge would be overpowered on the same spellbook :twisted:

i'm sorry but jagex just failed with this quest.

The boss fight is interesting but they just made it to much of a jad fight. All of us with slow internet just cant beat him. His shadow attack is just too fast that we cant turn away and we take the 100-300 hits every time. His blood attack that teles you near him just cant be avoided. And the fact that all of his blood attack are aoe also make it hard to avoid when he goes flight mode on you. Nevermind that he can also freeze you.

If he would be like nomad where his attacks follow a patern then it wouldn't be to bad. As it is, its just to hard to avoid his attacks unless you have a decent internet. Nevermind the piles and piles of graves that make it almost imposible to get your items back without tele grabs.

Internet I'll give you, but you don't need tele-grabs to pick up stuff. Granted it's a bit difficult with all the graves on one another.

Also, I think this is a glitch, but I've maxed out my vyre status yet it still says I'm a vyrewatch. Also, I love how you can just start as a nobody and go up to a vyrelord in the space of a day; seems unrealistic but I just attribute it to having the backing of that vampyre chick.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I ran to the far corner of the room each time, never took damage. If you're on fixed, you just so happen to have him off your camera too, and he conveniently runs towards you after he does the shadow attack.

Vampyres are supposed to be aligned with Zamorak, correct? Anyone else find it weird that Vanstrom uses 3 of the 4 Zarosian elements (ice, blood, shadow)? Just a thought.

Lord Drakan used to serve under Zaros, so he might have tought him a spell or 20. Lord Drakan in turn might have passed that knowledge to his most loyal servants.

The allignement doesn't fit, as you said, but those *are* powerfull spells, so they could have just opted for power.

priest_wiz.png

, I think this is a glitch, but I've maxed out my vyre status yet it still says I'm a vyrewatch.

You log in and out or go to different tiers, usually updates it.

Or take off a piece of Vyre-clothing and put it back on.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I just logged on and I'm a vyrelord now.

As for spells, blood/darkness fits as he's an evil vampyre. Ice seems kinda off... also, I'm pretty sure those spells are actually Mahjarrat Magick as opposed to Zarosian magick.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Lord Drakan used to serve Zaros, so he might have tought him a spell or 20. Lord Drakan in turn might have passed that knowledge to his most loyal servants.

The allignement doesn't fit, as you said, but those *are* powerfull spells, so they could have just opted for power.

Strictly speaking ancient mage isn't just Zarosian.

Lore says a lot of powerful battle magic was lost/forgotten during godwars, so only the immortal Mahjaratt's seem to know it now; and evn they are pretty much 50:50 zaros and zammy.

Most logicall route would say its mahjratt magic (as they are powerful mages) that they shared with allies; so Zarosians, Zamorakians of the time and now us the player.

But yeah drakan was zaros then went zammy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Stakes at a disadvantage? Do you know how much damage these things do because of the knife speed? If it weren't for the fact that the other two weapons also deal crazy high amounts, I'd be saying the stakes were overpowered. This is definitely a cheap way to train ranged.

Plus, the alerter works with it, so you don't need tons of them...which of course you would have anyway because chopping the blisterwood tree is faster than magics, and it regenerates fairly quickly and is independent of all other choppers. When the thing stops to regenerate you can spend that time carving stakes (they really need a craft-all on that, the amount of clicks is a little annoying).

Anyway, notes about the game's walkthrough:

Getting to the lookout point can be done slightly faster by just running around to the north of meiyerditch and turning back towards the south in a big ol upside down U path. Course, if you don't like spending that much run energy, you can always go their way.

LOVE the detailed maps.

When you're jumping through the lower district getting clothing, there's an empty house to the north that makes the run to the next house shorter instead of one long run to the east house. DO NOT CLOSE THE DOORS BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER PLAYERS ALSO DOING THE RUN, and the vyres don't really follow you well enough to get through the door half the time, if they even manage to detect you at all. Hell, there's this one juvinate in one of the houses that doesn't even notice you.

I didn't even know you could taunt her with the Gadderhammer....details like this would have surely gone unnoticed had they not made their own walkthrough. I think we could all benefit from behind the scenes info like that more often, seeing as it is in the best interests of the developers to make sure all of their features were at some point made use of rather than never being known.

Gee, NOW they tell us about turning the camera away? They also don't even say it outright.

When making the stakes you can click on the arrows in the top right corner of the interface to make multiple so you don't have to use a knife on the log each time.

OH, also, I'm disappointed that you can't get any of those baby bloodvelds as pets :(

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I went straight here after reading the update news to say this:

What if Jagex, in their overzealous addiction to greed and capitalism (they are owned by short term investors who care more for the money than the game's reputation or its REAL players) are slowly going to start making quest guides and then:

• 1. Demand that the fansites let them use the fansite quest guides for quests they're too lazy to write themselves or threaten to shut them down.
  • 2. After that, they will later demand that all quest guides be taken off of fansites.
  • 3. With a monopoly on quest guides, Jagex will charge a "small amount" of $0.49-$0.99 for you to be able to see said quest guide or add $1-2 a month for you to be able to use them whenever you'd like.

You may think I'm whacked off on a high but let me ask you this: Did you ever expect Jagex to bring back Wildy/Trade with no real solutions to the original problem? Or to be more lax on the rules with the majority of their memberbase even though everything about that member base screams "ILLEGAL".

This isn't the Jagex you love. It's not even the one you remember. It's not even the one you know. Be prepared.

(Dont care if anyone has said this yet. I have a delay on my bright idea switch.)

OH, also, I'm disappointed that you can't get any of those baby bloodvelds as pets :(

you just want to troll people doing the quest, don't you?

Same they'd make an awesome pet, let them grow into sort of adolescent bloodveld somewhere in size between tiny and harold

Plv6Dz6.jpg