31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with all the Vyrewatch titles before players names, is it a reward or something?

When you got the darkmeyer robes on you get a rank to show how far you have progressed in their favour

Vyreling for new ppls

Vyre Grunt once you done a bit

Vyrewatch once you get enough to win quest

Vyre Lord/Lady if you max out post-quest

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

nosez.png

I'm told there's an EXCLUSIVE feature on the nose job in next week's Hello! magazine, RuneScape version.

The lag is killing me right now, only 5 FPS. It's impossible to evade the darkness and consuming blood attacks like this. Might try again tomorrow.

Best quest this year without a doubt, although I am a little biased. Pretty much everything was solid, there were no stupid gimmicks or item fetching parts to artificially make it longer.

The new city looks rad, shame there isn't much to do there yet but new areas are always welcome. Vanstrom was a pretty interesting and fun boss to fight. Although he wasn't that difficult I commend them for making a boss that wasn't *pot, pray, watch boss die* and really look forward to what is potentially the last Myreque quest.

Sylpheed.png

Best quest this year without a doubt, although I am a little biased. Pretty much everything was solid, there were no stupid gimmicks or item fetching parts to artificially make it longer.

The new city looks rad, shame there isn't much to do there yet but new areas are always welcome. Vanstrom was a pretty interesting and fun boss to fight. Although he wasn't that difficult I commend them for making a boss that wasn't *pot, pray, watch boss die* and really look forward to what is potentially the last Myreque quest.

Yeah the boss fight is awesome as much like dg bosses. Going in blind and not knowing what to do you get pwned.

But suss out the tactics and it becomes fairly easy to win; but still challenging in doing everything right for each attack while keeping alive.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wouldn't the amulet be great for extremely fast banking for barrows? teleport to darkmeyer to recharge prayer then tele to burgh de rott then tele to barrows?

I know teleporting to burgh de rott from darkmeyer and back again uses no charges, i don't know if it uses charges for barrows.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

It doesn't seem to mention it anywhere, but slayer masters starting from Chaeldar can assign up to 110/120/130 vyrewatch after this quest.

Great :D always wanted them as a task. Now i really want to be able to do the quest...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It doesn't seem to mention it anywhere, but slayer masters starting from Chaeldar can assign up to 110/120/130 vyrewatch after this quest.

Holy [cabbage], I was just thinking to myself "you should be able to get vyrewatch as tasks after the quest now that they aren't a pain in the ass to kill anymore" Awesome that they did! Well, I think they'll be a pretty good task, as the new weapons can hit pretty damn hard on them.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Great :D always wanted them as a task. Now i really want to be able to do the quest...

One wonders if its actually after this quest they unlock; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze, it could just be they added them in as a task with this quest but can be assigned after seergaze

Also wonder if vyre lord/ladys count as vyrewatch

Plv6Dz6.jpg

i hope its not another terrible task thats a waste of 30 points

Wouldn't the amulet be great for extremely fast banking for barrows? teleport to darkmeyer to recharge prayer then tele to burgh de rott then tele to barrows?

I know teleporting to burgh de rott from darkmeyer and back again uses no charges, i don't know if it uses charges for barrows.

I used it to go from Burgh to barrows and it used no charges so I assume as long as your in the Morytania area, it uses no charges.

Also to the comment about Vyres now being a slayer task, do the ones in Darkmeyer actually drop anything other than corpses?

Also, as I'm too lazy to check, can the new outfit be stored in PoH?

Sylpheed.png

One wonders if its actually after this quest; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze.

How are they different from normal vyrewatches? Just higher stats and health, or do they drop anything different?

EDIT: No, they can't be stored in your house, sadly.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Kuradal, Sumona & Chaeldar assign Vyrewatch now as mentioned above.

Will be a good task, teleport straight to task and the damage isn't capped, you can pull off 600s-700s.. plus slayer helm a very quick task indeed.

You don't need to burn them either you can just leave the Vyres on the floor.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

One wonders if its actually after this quest; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze.

How are they different from normal vyrewatches? Just higher stats and health, or do they drop anything different?

EDIT: No, they can't be stored in your house, sadly.

No difference other than monster name

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Will be a good task, teleport straight to task and the damage isn't capped, you can pull off 600s-700s.. plus slayer helm a very quick task indeed.

And i think they are aggresive if you do not use vyresuit as you use slayer helm. so it's kind afk.

One wonders if its actually after this quest they unlock; since we can kill them after legacy of seergaze, it could just be they added them in as a task with this quest but can be assigned after seergaze

I did a stat examine on one (I'm not finished the quest) and it didn't say it was slayable.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I accidentally wore reg clothes after dying to the boss and had to kill a couple vyrelords in the town. They dropped coins, 15 blood runes, and a different type of corpse. The colors are different and they won't stack in my bank with the others i got from vyrewatch while temple trekking.

Maybe they'll give better rewards from burning them now?

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

And i think they are aggresive if you do not use vyresuit as you use slayer helm. so it's kind afk.

Yeah they yell Human! and come at you.

Worth nothing good to keep the suit out though, otherwise you can't bank on site.

I did a stat examine on one (I'm not finished the quest) and it didn't say it was slayable.

Guess thats my answer then, unless it's jsut a missed detail change. Anyone check stat examine post-quest?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I accidentally wore reg clothes after dying to the boss and had to kill a couple vyrelords in the town. They dropped coins, 15 blood runes, and a different type of corpse. The colors are different and they won't stack in my bank with the others i got from vyrewatch while temple trekking.

Maybe they'll give better rewards from burning them now?

vyre corpses changed with temple trekking.

Just different items so corpses visually match the vyre tht dropped them.

Eg purple wings drop purple wings; red n black drop red n black etc.

Just so happens that Temple Trekking spawns all red/black wing vyres so they drop same corpse

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The bank worker who never seemed to open his bank booth in Catherby has now been fired.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

That was the final straw' date=' Jagex!

[/quote']

I'm glad I quit this game ages ago.

Now the RS tax payers will have to pay for his unemployment!! :evil:

Well -- it was a cost saving move, dontcha know. A down-sizing, as it were.

Just like when Jagex down-sized the number of bankers and staff at the GE a few years back. Cutting pixelated employees saves money paid out for salaries and benefits, and thereafter the profit saved by such a move goes forward to pad the pockets of those fat-cat shareholders ...

:unsure:

:lol:

nyuseg.png

I LOVED this quest, and Darkmeyer is beautiful!

If you need help with boss, here's a few tips:

[hide=BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS]

Helm: Neitz helm

Cape: SW cape/skill cape/fire cape

Amulet: Fury/Glory

Top: Black dhide body (Karil's not really recommended incase you DO die; as if it drops then it will break)

Weapon: Blisterwood polearm

Bottoms: Black dhide legs (Same applies for karil bottoms)

Gloves: RFD gloves

Boots: Dragon boots, possibly..I'm not sure, I wore snakeskin as they were the only boots I had!

Ring: Ring of Life (just incase!)

Inventory:

Draken Medallion (I just had it incase he outhit the ROL and I could tele back- it is automatically kept upon death along with Darkmeyer clothing)

Extreme set/super set

1 Prayer Potion

Blisterwood stakes

HOLY WATER is essential. (Obtained during the quest)

Darkmeyer clothes set (Wear them to before you go into the fight, then switch to combat gear in the pre-fight room)

Food: Personally, I took Baron Sharks because I had them in the bank, though you should take Rocktails, Juju Gumbo or normal sharks!

IF YOU USE A FAMILIAR! Use a unicorn! It's healing helps out a good bit if you're hit!

Don't forget your familiar scrolls!

The fight:

Before you face Vanstrom, you must kill his Bloodveld, in the pre-fight room!

You can kill this easily by praying melee and then throwing the holy water on it at the beginning of the fight.

Once you kill the bloodveld, you have a breather before you can enter the next room and face Vanstrom.

Walk in (Don't pray yet!) and go through the dialouge, and once finished, stick on your prayer protection.

For the fight, I prayed MAGE and PROTECT ITEM. Though if you have Curses, then you could try the Deflect mage, Protect item then turm with you're hitting him, and SS on the bloodvelings he summons after halfway.

He uses a few attacks,

His magic attack is a read ball he fires at you; prayer protects against this

Melee, if you're up close, which you will be; though you should be able to tank any hits

'Darkness', this can hit HIGH and though prayer and it is EASILY AVOIDABLE! All you need to do is step away from him and FACE AWAY from him!

Blood pools, this is when he goes airbourne- these pools are the main things that will hurt if they catch you; all you need to do is circle the room, while switched to the blisterwood staked, and throw them at you while avoiding the puddles. The puddles hit 400+ so do be careful at this part.

Freeze- at random points during the blood puddle/flight stage, he can freeze you in place, allowing the puddle to hit you. Just keep clicking away from them!

Bloodvelings summon, he summons 2 bloodveld type of creatures at the north and south ends of the room; they will not hurt you but make sure to kill them quickly or THEY WILL HEAL VANSTROM. They only have 50 LP and low defence.

Mistified- This is his final stage, and it is at this point which you use the holy water! Use the holy water and lure him over it and it will kill him. Though beware, he does have a magic attack at this stage which isn't blocked by the mage prayer although it may lower the damage from it. Just keep on your toes and keep spamming that holy water.

Finally, you've killed Vanstrom! Though you have one last thing to do in this fight, I won't spoil the surprise ;)

[/hide]

I hope this helps a bit!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!