31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay beat the sod, thou I had only like 10hp left then the velds popped up

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So to summarise Vanstrom's powers:

[hide=Spoilery/tactics]

1) Primary attack is throwing a red mage ball at you

2) When walking he can claw you for melee damage

3) When flying he can make blood pools appear that hit HARD run off them. He can also freeze you while u stand on a pool to make sure you get hit

4) Stands still and calls 2 bloodvelds that heal him. Kill both quickly, noly 50lp each

5) Says bout darkness and has a shield like thing, run away else screen goes black and you take damage

6) Mist form hits constant mage damage, just smash holy water vial and keep him over the puddle

[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So how does the new staff operate? Do you need to cast spells with runes, and they do extra damage to vyres? I smacked a vyrewatch with the staff's melee and it did melee damage (as expected) but might it have a different kind of affect on the boss, or do I actually need runes and crap?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So how does the new staff operate? Do you need to cast spells with runes, and they do extra damage to vyres? I smacked a vyrewatch with the staff's melee and it did melee damage (as expected) but might it have a different kind of affect on the boss, or do I actually need runes and crap?

Yeah you can cast mage with it.

It's just a case of maging without staff = can't hit vyres

Magin with staff = can hit vyres

And then staff can be used to melee em too if you wanna randomly melee with a mage staff

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah you can cast mage with it.

It's just a case of maging without staff = can't hit vyres

Magin with staff = can hit vyres

And then staff can be used to melee em too if you wanna randomly melee with a mage staff

Ahhh, I see. I could've swore I saw someone casting a special spell with it, but I guess I was mistaken.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

God, that holy water is lame, spammed it as much as i could.. only hits like 2 and 3( under the old hp rules)....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

The bank worker who never seemed to open his bank booth in Catherby has now been fired.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

That was the final straw, Jagex!

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

lolz thanks for help toad

for the darkness attack, all u need to do is turn away ithink

'STARE'

[hide]

2le3pxu.jpg

no point in combat familar i think. I didnt even ues one, but a unicorn would help a lot.

on the last phase when he turns to mist, use the holy water and lure him over the pools[/hide]

# The Sceptre of the Gods is now one-handed.

+ Lab tele on new seal for Mutated Velds are my favourites of this update.

Main problem I do have is Burg De Rott tele being on the seal, Temple trekking nerfed after how long? 2 weeks.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

For thoose that asked new clothes:

clothesf.jpg

Wearing the 4 darkmeywer robe items + drakan medallion

And stake (ranged) staff (mage) and polearm (melee) blisterwood weps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

# The Sceptre of the Gods is now one-handed.

+ Lab tele on new seal for Mutated Velds are my favourites of this update.

Main problem I do have is Burg De Rott tele being on the seal, Temple trekking nerfed after how long? 2 weeks.

Yeah tht is kinda whack.

If recharge wasn't in brugh de rott you could argue games necklace tele there to save charges. As in tht whole area medallion uses no charges

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Is it just me or is Harold (the bloodveld-thing) invincible the last bit of his life? I had to kill him with deflects over a ~ 5 min period, missing every attack.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Is it just me or is Harold (the bloodveld-thing) invincible the last bit of his life? I had to kill him with deflects over a ~ 5 min period, missing every attack.

2 Words

• Holy
  • Water

;-)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yeah Harold is near invincible at the end if you haven't holy watered him.

Arguably its better to do holy water right at start of tht fight as it makes him weaker in general

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The bank worker who never seemed to open his bank booth in Catherby has now been fired.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

That was the final straw' date=' Jagex!

[/quote']

I'm glad I quit this game ages ago.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

That was the final straw' date=' Jagex!

[/quote']

I'm glad I quit this game ages ago.

Now the RS tax payers will have to pay for his unemployment!! :evil: