31-Aug-2011 � The Branches of Darkmeyer

DarkDude

The Vampyric Altar in Darkmeyer is nice.. much easier to switch between curses to normal prayers now :thumbup:

All in all, a very good quest, though it took me a while to find the baby velds

You can switch from normals to curses there?!

I think he meant switching FROM Curses TO regular prayers. :blink:

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hints on the boss?

I'm 138 combat yet I've died 14 times now (lost 14 Ava's) trying almost every combination I could think of.

I melee him until the bloodveld phase, which i start to range. That's all fine, except the Shadow attacks which I can't avoid. They go to fast and by the time I see the text and click to move, I've already taken 400+ damage.

If I even make it to the blood phase, I die.

I tried clicking in a 4-square and attacking, but I still get hit eventually, and die.

I cant heal because If I do, I get hit for more than I can heal, and die.

If I try to click on unicorn to heal me, A blood square hits me for 400 and I die.

I haven't even gotten to the mist phase yet.

Any helpful suggestions? Something I'm missing? This is beyond frustrating.

Any hints on the boss?

I'm 138 combat yet I've died 14 times now (lost 14 Ava's) trying almost every combination I could think of.

I melee him until the bloodveld phase, which i start to range. That's all fine, except the Shadow attacks which I can't avoid. They go to fast and by the time I see the text and click to move, I've already taken 400+ damage.

I tried clicking in a 4-square and attacking, but I still get hit eventually, and die.

If I try to click on unicorn to heal me, A blood square hits me for 400 and I die.

Any helpful suggestions? This is beyond frustrating.

If you cant react fast enough to turn away from his shadow attacks, then just attack him then click about 6 squares back then attack again right before you reach there, shouldn't lose any combat turns and should be facing away from him a good majority of the time.

jagerbluebt1.gif

They decided to create a walkthrough for the quest? That's irritating. Sort of removes the point of fansites.

I have the requirements for this quest so I'll probably do it, but not until I actually have some free time.

j0xPu5R.png

The Vampyric Altar in Darkmeyer is nice.. much easier to switch between curses to normal prayers now :thumbup:

All in all, a very good quest, though it took me a while to find the baby velds

You can switch from normals to curses there?!

I think he meant switching FROM Curses TO regular prayers. :blink:

Ah well I should have known better :(

hzvjpwS.gif

So I have eight (8) different types of vyrewatch corpses in my bank. Just a warning for anyone looking to kill a ton of them at Darkmeyer... Get some bankspace going! =P

So I have eight (8) different types of vyrewatch corpses in my bank. Just a warning for anyone looking to kill a ton of them at Darkmeyer... Get some bankspace going! =P

Yeah, it's a total pain lol.. I don't see why they are distinctly different if the rewards the same?

Any hints on the boss?

Any helpful suggestions? Something I'm missing? This is beyond frustrating.

When he flies up in the air, RUN. Never stop moving. Run around in a circle/rectangle around the pillars and even if he freezes you keep clicking. Only attack him when he gets down on the ground. Don't bother with range, just use a polearm with void or bandos all the way. In the mist phase run back and forth in the middle in a north south direction and spam the holy water vial. That's it.

Staurolite.png

Just a little bit of useless info. For those playing with sound on, the various female vyrewatches MAY be me. I mentioned briefly in my recap of my visit at Jagex that I got to try voice recording, and this is it. And BTW, growling and screaming like a vampire for 10 minutes makes for a full day of sore throat :razz:

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Just a little bit of useless info. For those playing with sound on, the various female vyrewatches MAY be me. I mentioned briefly in my recap of my visit at Jagex that I got to try voice recording, and this is it. And BTW, growling and screaming like a vampire for 10 minutes makes for a full day of sore throat :razz:

I would lol hard if you were the voice of Drakan's sister. Or at least her grunting.

hzvjpwS.gif

That's pretty cool, the quest was fun & the graphics are amazing! If you can't or don't use max detail you're truly missing out.

I LOVED this quest, and Darkmeyer is beautiful!

If you need help with boss, here's a few tips:

[hide=BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS]

Helm: Neitz helm

Cape: SW cape/skill cape/fire cape

Amulet: Fury/Glory

Top: Black dhide body (Karil's not really recommended incase you DO die; as if it drops then it will break)

Weapon: Blisterwood polearm

Bottoms: Black dhide legs (Same applies for karil bottoms)

Gloves: RFD gloves

Boots: Dragon boots, possibly..I'm not sure, I wore snakeskin as they were the only boots I had!

Ring: Ring of Life (just incase!)

Inventory:

Draken Medallion (I just had it incase he outhit the ROL and I could tele back- it is automatically kept upon death along with Darkmeyer clothing)

Extreme set/super set

1 Prayer Potion

Blisterwood stakes

HOLY WATER is essential. (Obtained during the quest)

Darkmeyer clothes set (Wear them to before you go into the fight, then switch to combat gear in the pre-fight room)

Food: Personally, I took Baron Sharks because I had them in the bank, though you should take Rocktails, Juju Gumbo or normal sharks!

IF YOU USE A FAMILIAR! Use a unicorn! It's healing helps out a good bit if you're hit!

Don't forget your familiar scrolls!

The fight:

Before you face Vanstrom, you must kill his Bloodveld, in the pre-fight room!

You can kill this easily by praying melee and then throwing the holy water on it at the beginning of the fight.

Once you kill the bloodveld, you have a breather before you can enter the next room and face Vanstrom.

Walk in (Don't pray yet!) and go through the dialouge, and once finished, stick on your prayer protection.

For the fight, I prayed MAGE and PROTECT ITEM. Though if you have Curses, then you could try the Deflect mage, Protect item then turm with you're hitting him, and SS on the bloodvelings he summons after halfway.

He uses a few attacks,

His magic attack is a read ball he fires at you; prayer protects against this

Melee, if you're up close, which you will be; though you should be able to tank any hits

'Darkness', this can hit HIGH and though prayer and it is EASILY AVOIDABLE! All you need to do is step away from him and FACE AWAY from him!

Blood pools, this is when he goes airbourne- these pools are the main things that will hurt if they catch you; all you need to do is circle the room, while switched to the blisterwood staked, and throw them at you while avoiding the puddles. The puddles hit 400+ so do be careful at this part.

Freeze- at random points during the blood puddle/flight stage, he can freeze you in place, allowing the puddle to hit you. Just keep clicking away from them!

Bloodvelings summon, he summons 2 bloodveld type of creatures at the north and south ends of the room; they will not hurt you but make sure to kill them quickly or THEY WILL HEAL VANSTROM. They only have 50 LP and low defence.

Mistified- This is his final stage, and it is at this point which you use the holy water! Use the holy water and lure him over it and it will kill him. Though beware, he does have a magic attack at this stage which isn't blocked by the mage prayer although it may lower the damage from it. Just keep on your toes and keep spamming that holy water.

Finally, you've killed Vanstrom! Though you have one last thing to do in this fight, I won't spoil the surprise ;)

[/hide]

I hope this helps a bit!

This was perfect :) Didn't die at all, though I never had the darkness attack. Very simple boss, but with some nice mechanics. I liked that you didn't have to worry so much about normal damage, so you weren't spamming food constantly like I was during nomad.

Overall, this quest was very well done. The only thing that bothered me much was dodging the vyres to get the vyre outfit. I had to hop worlds a few times, because people had accidentally lured vyres into the buildings. Also, finding the baby pets was really annoying, because they kept disappearing. I would've preferred them to always be visible... otherwise the quest was very well done. Not long, but a decent length and the whole time felt like I was doing important things. I loved the rewards, (though being able to "turn" that vampire statue to curses would be really cool.) I'm interested to see what happens in the next quest, because we don't know how much vanescula really is on "our" side. She's probably on her own side mainly.

I kinda don't like that the only way to get max approval there is to kill a bunch of myreque citizens, but it makes some sense. Does anyone know if you can bank there without the vyre outfit equipped?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

That's funny, I've been able to bank there just fine without my outfit on. Take off your outfit and right click to select "bank" and the interface opens right up, no problem.

Strange he shouts Human! And it closes screen everytime for me.

I'll double check that it still works for me, but it definitely did just a few hours ago.

EDIT: It appears as though you can access the bank for a short period of time after you take off your disguise. I'm not sure exactly how much time, but it was long enough for me to navigate my bank and take some things in and out, and during the quest I used it to bank my disguise and pull out extra food. Eventually, it does kick me out, but not until I've had enough time to do anything I might need to do. After a couple times of this, it eventually sped up closing me out of it so that I couldn't do anything, but I put my outfit back on and took it off again, and was again able to use the bank almost normally. Probably a bug though. Funnily enough I didn't have any issues at all with using the bank during the quest without my disguise. I made sure to test it, even.

Flyingjj.png

That's funny, I've been able to bank there just fine without my outfit on. Take off your outfit and right click to select "bank" and the interface opens right up, no problem.

I'll double check that it still works for me, but it definitely did just a few hours ago.

I'm not trying to discredit you, just that was my experience. I also had my equipment screen open & changed from the outfit top to BCP & it got closed due to them shouting "Human!" would be nice if after the quest the amulet was somehow upgraded so we didn't need the uniform.

I'm not trying to discredit you, just that was my experience. I also had my equipment screen open & changed from the outfit top to BCP & it got closed due to them shouting "Human!" would be nice if after the quest the amulet was somehow upgraded so we didn't require the uniform.

Oh, I didn't think you were trying to discredit me. Reading through the thread, people have been reporting that you couldn't use the bank without the disguise, and I did find it curious that my experience was different. Now, after trying to get it to not let me bank, I can, but I can still consistently bank without my disguise. It's probably just a bug though. I don't think you're meant to bank without it.

Flyingjj.png

Fantastic quest, absolutely amazing, it's actually made me consider going for a quest cape... My only gripe was with Vanstrom... For some reason, no matter what I did, how quick I was, he'd ALWAYS hit me with darkness (bare in mind I recieved my laptop back yesterday from being fixed and it's apparently as good as good can be now), and I got hit with a 4X combo of it = death... So yeahs... Also he made Nomad look like a walk in the park... But anyways, killed him on the 3rd try (used range, melee, range for the tries) and it got me 70 hunter and 71 rc :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Vanstrom's got me three times now. First time was a practice and wasn't much of a serious attempt, but the last two have been bad luck. Too much shadow and then too much blood.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The darkness I don;t see how people are having an issue:

As soon as he says about darkness and gets shield up around him just clikc to run away from him as far as possible. I never once got hit by the shadow.

Edit:

I've heard the vyrewatch are a pretty epic slayer task:

The weapons hit hard and often so its fairly quick.

The xp is apparently quite good.

Tele, bank and altar all like right there makes for epic ease (protect prayer/soul split while semi-afk)

And without the outfit on apparently they are perma aggressive which helps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue