1-Oct-2011: Behind the Scenes - October

Guest Melvinkooi

inb4 the tower is in some hurp durp teleport to a different plain and isn't even on the map

Congratulations on being able to complain about something that would make absolutely no sense to complain about based on absolutely nothing. I'd lost faith that this topic managed to get so many pages without people saying the update will suck for stupid reasons before they've even happened.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inb4 the tower is in some hurp durp teleport to a different plain and isn't even on the map

Congratulations on being able to complain about something that would make absolutely no sense to complain about based on absolutely nothing. I'd lost faith that this topic managed to get so many pages without people saying the update will suck for stupid reasons before they've even happened.

lol

queste.png303/324

i thought of pokemon battle tower when i saw this post.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Im more or less looking forward to the camera angles and DEPENDING on the monsters, the tower. I wont like the tower if its going to be another 120+cb basic thing requiring teams, efficiency, rich armour and rewards that'll be for 70+ defence.

(Yes I'd like a new weapon for mid levels, not another defence req' armour set like everything)

Popoto.~<3

Oh good lord what if you had to fight nomad without potions...

oh and...

DOMINION TOWER

makes

me

think

of

MUSTAKRAKISH

forsomeoddreason.

reading is fun!

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Sounds like a good month! Looks like the Dominion's Tower will be somewhere in the Kharidian Desert close to Nardah. Unfortunate that the halloween event will be based on Clan Citadels though, hate it when they do that :(

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Sounds like a good month! Looks like the Dominion's Tower will be somewhere in the Kharidian Desert close to Nardah. Unfortunate that the halloween event will be based on Clan Citadels though, hate it when they do that :(

But the terrain is green with a tinge of yellow, which likely just means grassy area or jungle areas (as they are green with a yellow tinge in places) and you can see more land across the water which doesn't really fit the deserts layout. And the architecture doesn't fit with the desert that draws on egyptian and kinda classic arabian styles, puts me in mind of kethsi, daemonheim and other old pre-godwars places like ghorrock. Perhaps we could FINALLY being to kudos isle?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But the terrain is green with a tinge of yellow, which likely just means grassy area or jungle areas (as they are green with a yellow tinge in places) and you can see more land across the water which doesn't really fit the deserts layout. And the architecture doesn't fit with the desert that draws on egyptian and kinda classic arabian styles, puts me in mind of kethsi, daemonheim and other old pre-godwars places like ghorrock. Perhaps we could FINALLY being to kudos isle?

The 2nd concept art he linked to (actually not sure where it came from, but it shows a glove) has some rather random but clearly labeled "Desert Headgear" in it.

2dgucz6.png

If Dominion Tower is at Kudos Isle, I will truly be disappointed because thats not what I expected. I'm expecting something to do with Zaros, not quite sure what but not a tower.

The 2nd concept art he linked to (actually not sure where it came from, but it shows a glove) has some rather random but clearly labeled "Desert Headgear" in it.

What concept art is this???? Not seen it or any link to it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The art linked to in the first post, the person standing at the base of the tower also appears to be wearing desert clothes and the terrain is definitely sand.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

The art linked to in the first post, the person standing at the base of the tower also appears to be wearing desert clothes and the terrain is definitely sand.

Plus the way the land in the concept art piles up against the tower is a characteristic of blowing sand :P

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

That art ain't in the bts, no idea where that's come from. Could be the new gloves but the project name and details section don't point towards item concept art, it all points to an npc scout of some kind.

And the fact the desert headgear is an alternate suggests won't always be in the desert.

The location looks like metal armour to me on the person, and earth can pile up quite easily, never been to an old castle or graveyard where walls and stuff are vanishing as the round has staked up around them? Yes it don;t move as fluidly as sand but it does move overtime.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That art ain't in the bts, no idea where that's come from. Could be the new gloves but the project name and details section don't point towards item concept art, it all points to an npc scout of some kind.

And the fact the desert headgear is an alternate suggests won't always be in the desert.

The location looks like metal armour to me on the person, and earth can pile up quite easily, never been to an old castle or graveyard where walls and stuff are vanishing as the round has staked up around them? Yes it don;t move as fluidly as sand but it does move overtime.

Good call on the npc scout, it is most likely one of the scouts of the new agility d&d.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

i thought of pokemon battle tower when i saw this post.

If only we can cheat with with cripples and sleeps.

Not that it matters to me much, but why do F2P not get the holiday item? That's complete BS.

when will they realise no one cares about citadels

110929203625.png

its just wintuber v2

Just about everything points towards it being in the desert. It's ok to be wrong sometimes.

4e0Vn.png

Good call on the npc scout, it is most likely one of the scouts of the new agility d&d.

That actually makes a lot sense in my book (more so than assuming it links to the tower), after all bts does say a scout comes to invite us while at agility courses, most of them are non-desert then the desert headwear alternate would fit for the agility pyramid. And it is very specifically labelled as npc art not item art. All item art I've seen has been just the item or drawn on generic non-detailed figures (Like this).

Oh and biggest clue of all on the scout art work title:

AGIDAD_Npc Scout 2011

Agi...Agility

DAD...Distraction And Diversion

@Trey I fail to see how "everything" points to the tower being in the desert. We have 1 piece of concept art for an npc with a desert headgear alternate that we do not know what it relates too for certain, but would fit in quite logically with the scouts for the agility D&D (+ the concept art title of AGIDAD very strongly suggests agility D & D) and 1 concept art of the tower exterior with ground that is greenish yellow that could be jungle or desert or beach or small island and a tiny figure that has nondescript armour that looks pale enough it might be desert robes, but the shape is more like armours. With architectural styling that doesn't really fit with the egyptian/arabian stylings placed on the desert .

None of it is remotely conclusive and can easily point to a myriad of locales.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

uroRi.png

Looks like desert headgear to me

Looks like a chainmail hood that many guards in game already use to me or even a full helm with the visor up, hence the point and shadowing near the top and dot half way down the face (the hinge point)

Like I said it's tiny and indistinct it could be many things and the strongest support for it being the desert is the desert head gear on the npc concept art which:

1) Wasn't even posted in the bts

2) Is clearly labelled as AGIDAD which obviously means agility distraction and diversion.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Ah, I see what's going on now. When the BTS was first released, if you clicked on the picture of the Tower Door, it'd instead link you to the AGIDAD concept art. This of course has been rectified now, so there are no links at the moment to the AGIDAD concept art from the BTS.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ah, I see what's going on now. When the BTS was first released, if you clicked on the picture of the Tower Door, it'd instead link you to the AGIDAD concept art. This of course has been rectified now, so there are no links at the moment to the AGIDAD concept art from the BTS.

Least that explains where it came from and fact it is posted beside Dominion Tower in this thread can explain some assumptions obviously.

But still its title clear kills any links between it and the tower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Am I the only person who read the BTS and felt the chat changes to be the highlight of the month? The idea of reliving previously defeated bosses doesn't particularly thrill me. I apologize for sounding so glum; usually I enjoy reading the BTS and look forward to the new content on the horizon, but this time... well, we'll see when it gets here.

I am looking forward to the chat changes however. It's always annoyed me how often while trying to have a conversation, my text gets cut off because I went off the terribly small character limit per line.

I am looking forward to the chat changes however. It's always annoyed me how often while trying to have a conversation, my text gets cut off because I went off the terribly small character limit per line.

Such an issue for clan chats atm since they didnt see fit to let us give a clan name and clan initials then use initials, so exmaple in my chat you end uo with:

[Legacy of Honour] Sy Accursed:

So message space is a premium! lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg