Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 16th October 2011 - Interview With Elias

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis
Posted Image

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

Read these rules before posting in this thread

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I was unable to find anything particularly enlightening or intriguing in the bot related article - the issue has simply become a dead horse - regardless of how pertinent it may be. The player's acknowledge the problem, JaGex acknowledges the problem - there simply needs to be something done.

I think there's a lack of unique things to talk about that isn't already heavily disputed on General Discussion. Hmmph.

I didn't quite follow as much of 'Diversity' as I would've wished to. Could you explain a little to us, ALG?

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen

I was unable to find anything particularly enlightening or intriguing in the bot related article - the issue has simply become a dead horse - regardless of how pertinent it may be. The player's acknowledge the problem, JaGex acknowledges the problem - there simply needs to be something done.

I think there's a lack of unique things to talk about that isn't already heavily disputed on General Discussion. Hmmph.

I didn't quite follow as much of 'Diversity' as I would've wished to. Could you explain a little to us, ALG?

This (on the bot article). It's been said and said yet no action has followed. A little movement or actual momentum might get some *potential* progress, but it seems too late to do that now. :\

I found the Diversity Article interesting, but had some trouble following a bit myself, and I took the time to look at the interview with Elias at least.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
Bots are a dead horse. Either we accept them as something that doesn't go away, or we keep complaining.

Interview was interesting. For some reason, I suspected more top players as being older, not really sure why, maybe its because of slayerbelle.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Bots are a dead horse. Either we accept them as something that doesn't go away, or we keep complaining.

Interview was interesting. For some reason, I suspected more top players as being older, not really sure why, maybe its because of slayerbelle.

lol besides kingduffy and jd they are all young ;p

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

So how old does that make you? I suspect most of the top (maxed) players are probably at least university students. For one thing, it takes several years to get maxed.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

So how old does that make you? I suspect most of the top (maxed) players are probably at least university students. For one thing, it takes several years to get maxed.

im young too lol

i meant most are 18-24 years old thier are some maxed players that maxed at 14 or 15 but just maxing isnt as timeconsuming as previous

but yea 18-24 is university/college age but don't necessarily need to be in university or college older than that they either have a job where they multitask or quit

highschool is harder to scape in cuz at school all day long

Phox1515
[ Display Name History ]

Phox1515

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • RSN:DJ Phox
  • Clan:T.D.M.
enjoyed the first article on bots, always nice to read stuff with sim opinions.

the 2nd article confused me... it started on one topic then moved to something completely different. no offense, but did the writer have an add attack or something?

the interview was interesting. I'm curouius about one of the pics though... what's this:

Posted Image

obviously what's within the red rectangle i made... i'm 99.999999999999999 % sure that is not part of the normal runescape window and i have not seen it before, so i'm curious as to what it is. I can guess what it is for on my own, looks useful (esp the summ part, i never did forgive jagex for getting rid of the summ tab)

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:i_trollz_u

Depends which kingduffy ur talking about lol

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

It was supposed to be about how some skills are much more difficult than they should be and/or are neglected by players because training methods are limited or outdated. Skills like runecrafting or agility really only have one training method, and it just isn't very good, which is why players use effigies instead of actually training the skill. Jagex could make these skills much more bearable by adding new, unique training methods, or new rewards that make the skill worth training.

...I did jump around a bit. :-k Sorry

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

the 2nd article confused me... it started on one topic then moved to something completely different. no offense, but did the writer have an add attack or something?

the interview was interesting. I'm curouius about one of the pics though... what's this:

-

obviously what's within the red rectangle i made... i'm 99.999999999999999 % sure that is not part of the normal runescape window and i have not seen it before, so i'm curious as to what it is. I can guess what it is for on my own, looks useful (esp the summ part, i never did forgive jagex for getting rid of the summ tab)

I didn't read the articles (usually come here and read a few comments and decide if articles are worth reading).
The picture shows him viewing another member of the party, particularly their inventory.
The tabs go player inventory - worn inventory - BoB inventory - skills.
I'm guessing either you don't dungeoneer often or it's still not common practice...

Lol my question is how the guy he's viewing has two of the same key.

2dgucz6.png

Trade_With
[ Display Name History ]

Trade_With

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • RSN:Trade With

In dungeoneering you can see the invent / stats etc of your teammates which is what Elias has done here.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
Found the interview with Elias very interesting. The other two were both well-written, but just not as interesting to me.

And whoever organises these interviews, I'd personally like to see an interview with Drumgun, he does post here fairly regularly, so it might not be too hard to arrange.

Asmodean <3

Agen
[ Display Name History ]

Agen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • RSN:Agen
  • RSN2:S_U__O__M_I
  • Clan:TMOA - When Jebrim decides to invite me.
The interview with Elias was very nice and it's nice to know he left RS on good terms rather than bad ones. IMO he should get 1 more xp just to annoy all the OCD people :P
Goals for 2012:
  • Quest Cape
  • MAX

Hobgoblinpie
[ Display Name History ]

Hobgoblinpie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:Mansion

Found the interview with Elias very interesting. The other two were both well-written, but just not as interesting to me.

And whoever organises these interviews, I'd personally like to see an interview with Drumgun, he does post here fairly regularly, so it might not be too hard to arrange.

Thanks. It was a fun interview to do (Just as the Suomi one was). I'll see what I can do on that front :)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,271 posts
I guess the most surprising thing to me was how young all those top players are, and then the caption : "There’s over 8 billion XP in that picture!" really got me :P
Feeling so over the hill right now...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
@Eternal Sunshine of the Botless Mind

The answer to the problem is the simple, painful one.
Get rid of the free trade and slowly gear the game towards untradeable end game material.

But, hey 91% of runescape fools voted for this so why care.
My playtime on runescape is unaffected by bots.
I don't value gp or tradeable goods.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Phox1515
[ Display Name History ]

Phox1515

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • RSN:DJ Phox
  • Clan:T.D.M.

-

The picture shows him viewing another member of the party, particularly their inventory.
The tabs go player inventory - worn inventory - BoB inventory - skills.
I'm guessing either you don't dungeoneer often or it's still not common practice...

I don't team dung, so that would explain why i did not know about it.

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

@Eternal Sunshine of the Botless Mind

The answer to the problem is the simple, painful one.
Get rid of the free trade and slowly gear the game towards untradeable end game material.

But, hey 91% of runescape fools voted for this so why care.
My playtime on runescape is unaffected by bots.
I don't value gp or tradeable goods.

Two things:

First of all, removing free trade will obviously help, but it's no magical wonder weapon. People forget quite often that the number of bots was steadily increasing before the announcement too, and there were several quite crowded spots already.

Second thing: You can forget about Jagex removing free trade. It would be terrible for PR and as long as the game keeps running and making a profit you won't see that happening.

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
^ Wow...

I think that you are the first replyer in this thread who has actually fully and comprehensively read my article (articles if you include the one from march I referenced)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users