Golden/Holiday Scythe Discussion

Urza285

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the way he brushes it off by saying "You can aspire to future Runefest items".

Wait what? We were talking about the current one, which is by all means discontinued now.

Eugh.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm disappointed that Jagex would spend the time and money on an item that ended up being given to only 25 people. I thought this was RuneScape, not WoW. <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm disappointed that Jagex would spend the time and money on an item that ended up being given to only 25 people. I thought this was RuneScape, not WoW. <_<

Most likely they had already prepared it in case they won the golden joystick award.

Tbh, that's what I had thought it was for to begin with. When they didn't win, they could have simply recolored and renamed it and released it as the Bronze Scythe to celebrate getting third place. Or even released it to commemorate the death of the bots. Giving it to such a small portion of the player base seems like a waste to me.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Or even released it to commemorate the death of the bots.

THAT would have been the most logical method for them to release it.

@Noobzy, from Australia is costs approx $4500 economy to travel to the UK, and with Qantas grounded globally atm, I couldn't even get there if I had the dosh.

Popoto.~<3

but not everyone can pay $5,000 to go to Runefest from another continent.

You could fly economy you know

We'd still have to take time off classes/work, which not a lot of people can afford to do.

Or would want to. Blizzard announces new games/expansions with trailers etc. jagex doesn't lol

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

but not everyone can pay $5,000 to go to Runefest from another continent.

You could fly economy you know

Just used expedia. A round trip flight plus 3 nights of hotel time is $1200. That does not include food, a passport if you dont have one ($200), plus transportation costs when you are there. Thats $1600 easily. Include the price of the runefest tickets plus the halloween after party is another $240. So $1840 I would have to save 6 complete paychecks to pay that. And i have a one of the better jobs for someone my age around here.

EDIT: The flight cost was calculated from the midwest united states to London.

cool_sig1.jpg

Just used expedia. A round trip flight plus 3 nights of hotel time is $1200. That does not include food, a passport if you dont have one ($200), plus transportation costs when you are there. Thats $1600 easily. Include the price of the runefest tickets plus the halloween after party is another $240. So $1840 I would have to save 6 complete paychecks to pay that. And i have a one of the better jobs for someone my age around here.

That's the point, though. Not everyone can drop $2,000 and about a week (Guesstimate) for something like this, and it's most likely even more expensive for someone in, say, Australia (where Tim is from, if I'm not wrong).

That's the point, though. Not everyone can drop $2,000 and about a week (Guesstimate) for something like this, and it's most likely even more expensive for someone in, say, Australia (where Tim is from, if I'm not wrong).

I guess i didnt mention in my post i am on your side. I defenitely can't afford to drop that kind of money. My income is not disposable, i'm paying the majority of the bills for my mom. I'm living check to check.

cool_sig1.jpg

It occurred to me earlier this evening that perhaps this scythe really wasn't for the GJA at all to begin with. I say this because the Golden Hammer has two emotes signifying each year's win. Now if they were to still use that, then if they had one, they would've added a third emote for this year's win. If they had won.

So maybe this was the intention the entire time, and not announcing it was a way to prevent people from stampeding over each other during the event, I think....

Lol...they should've deleted the golden scythe after finding out the (embarassing) gja loss and that would've been that. But instead they had to give it to just 25 ppl....my god is that bad pr for a game that's all about "fairness"...

I doubt these 25 ppl will play for long...soon the item might just go extinct and become another useless thing on the qc list.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Or even released it to commemorate the death of the bots.

THAT would have been the most logical method for them to release it.

@Noobzy, from Australia is costs approx $4500 economy to travel to the UK, and with Qantas grounded globally atm, I couldn't even get there if I had the dosh.

Can you imagine how an item that was released to commemorate the release of bots would look if bots manage to come back in force.

I think even Jagex realize that might make them look bad.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I doubt these 25 ppl will play for long...soon the item might just go extinct and become another useless thing on the qc list.

One of them will. A friend of mine got one. Can't say for the remaining 24.

Still think releasing them to 25 was a bad move and killed my mood the second half of Saturday.

Just a question.

Did the people that attended at Runefest and played during that time know that the first 25 that completed it were gonna be rewarded with the exclusive Golden Scythe?

Or were they just silent until the first 25 had answered?

Silent. In fact they specifically told us NOT to all rush off at once. So I did it at a leisurely pace. No idea what number person I was but wasnt one of the 25.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just a question.

Did the people that attended at Runefest and played during that time know that the first 25 that completed it were gonna be rewarded with the exclusive Golden Scythe?

Or were they just silent until the first 25 had answered?

From what my friend told me. Before the 5v5 Insider Session, Death appeared on stage and told the people there that he would reward the fastest people able to solve his DeathCon@RuneFest cryptic riddle. This was the same time as he was on the stage in the Clan Theatre I believe. I wasn't at the Insider Session as we went to eat. Only the people who were at the 5v5 start knew about the race.