Woox16 advertised on the main rs page

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noooorammallly, i wouldn't care, good for woox, he's a pretty good pvmer, gotta give him that at least.

However, i had forknowledge that jagex would be doing this, so I am very sceptic, and a little dissapointed. How I gained knowledge of this, before it happened: a friend linked a pic in irc of woox talking to a jmod. The mod was offering to have jagex sponser woox, and make him famous :rolleyes: , however, I don't recall what they wanted in return. there was also something about them not wanting to look like jagex had "bought" woox.

I didn't really care much at the time, figured it was just a fake, but now...... <_<

whatever, I don't care atm.. but if woox starts to attempt to sell jagex as awesome, i'm be a bit annoyed, and saddened.

A Jagex spokesperson, sort of like an anti-Jiblix? :lol:

A good investment if they can pull it off, I suppose !

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They always advertise the clowns and not the good players.

Like that guy that made all the stupid videos that weren't even funny. (Can't remember his name, Mod Mark loved him and invited him to jagex and filmed the whole thing).

This clown in particular had a tantrum like 6 months ago on HLF and quit.

He paid a whole bunch of noobs to trump up his leaving on RSOF to boot.

Lol, Jagex must have given him some stuff. (Since he did the emo dump of his bank.)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

wat even is pve

Player v Environment, but I think PvM is equally correct.

PvM is just newer, created from people not knowing that PvE was the correct term, slang of the gaming slang if you will.

I don't really feel like there's a "correct" term. Both describe the activity rather accurately and ultimately the function of the term is just to differentiate from PVP scenarios.

PvE= ground anmd trees attacking you! They are the environment, after all :rolleyes:

PvM=Just monsters :thumbsup:

So what is it when a monster casts a spell to summon the environment against you?

I really can't think of that many purely PvE situations, unless you count stuff like the Bork caverns after you defeat it and extreme cold areas.

Next time on Player Versus Environment

Bear_Grylz77 puts his firemaking skill to the test and tries to light a campfire using some damp logs and a dark bow! Will his barbarian training finally pay off?

Then he has to eat kalphite larva RAW for some reason! He might just upchuck, find out next week!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

PvE= ground anmd trees attacking you! They are the environment, after all :rolleyes:

PvM=Just monsters :thumbsup:

So what is it when a monster casts a spell to summon the environment against you?

I really can't think of that many purely PvE situations, unless you count stuff like the Bork caverns after you defeat it and extreme cold areas.

dw I was just trolling tbh, but, pve is SILLY. stop 133373737ing speek you other people. :shame:

brb philosraptor for monster summoning spell.

meamzed.png

Bear_Grylz77 puts his firemaking skill to the test and tries to light a campfire using some damp logs and a dark bow! Will his barbarian training finally pay off? Then he has to eat kalphite larva RAW!

:thumbsup: nuff said.

meamzed.png

Bear_Grylz77 puts his firemaking skill to the test and tries to light a campfire using some damp logs and a dark bow! Will his barbarian training finally pay off? Then he has to eat kalphite larva RAW! He might just upchuck, find out next week!

I think I saw that show on the Discovery channel. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I always though PvE meant Player vs Enemy. Seeing as how the only things you can fight would be considered an enemy.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I always though PvE meant Player vs Enemy. Seeing as how the only things you can fight would be considered an enemy.

they're also called monsters, and yes, sigmund is just a monster in disguise.

meamzed.png

Guest jrhairychest

Bear_Grylz77 puts his firemaking skill to the test and tries to light a campfire using some damp logs and a dark bow! Will his barbarian training finally pay off?

Then he has to eat kalphite larva RAW for some reason! He might just upchuck, find out next week!

Lol funny. Somethings really giving me the impression you're kind of not happy about all of this............

Lol funny. Somethings really giving me the impression you're kind of not happy about all of this............

Nah, he's just having fun after a little drift towards off-topicness :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can't believe Greece is about to plummet the world into financial ruin for the second time in a decade, and the most some people on here care about is whether Woox's use of safespotting versus Nex counts as bug abuse or not. :|

I can't believe Greece is about to plummet the world into financial ruin for the second time in a decade, and the most some people on here care about is whether Woox's use of safespotting versus Nex counts as bug abuse or not. :|

At least that's somewhat of an ethical dilemma and we're not talking about Kim's divorce or something.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well its a RUNESCAPE board, if I made a thread discussing Greece's effect on the Eurozone I don't think it would have much relevance.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I would watch that video.

As long as it was a well done, quality video with lots of work put into it. Seriously tho.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well its a RUNESCAPE board, if I made a thread discussing Greece's effect on the Eurozone I don't think it would have much relevance.

I don't think that was the point I was making, was it?

Even on RuneScape, there are about a thousand things more time-worthy than this topic. Jagex own the website, they can put whoever the [bleep] they want on there. As for "E-fame"... on RuneScape's official website? I'm betting Lady Gaga gets more hits per hour on YouTube than Woox ever will in his lifetime, short of assassinating Obama and posting the pictures online.

Woox isn't exactly in any danger of doing the next Rebecca Black...

When did he solo Nex in Nex's current stage?

I read on Woox16's Jad no gear video that he banked his gear and items with imp boxes. If that's the case then he's not better than me when it comes to Jad. Man if i start playing Runescape again i DEFINTLY need to learn how to use Soul split. If i learn that i will be much better. Woox16 is very impressive. But i don't know if it's good or bad that he's getting the attention.

I have done some impressive things at Jad myself. Why did i not get any recogniztion?

But these achievements here at Jad are no joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIEEjvPV1A

Pretty sure i was NR 1 to kill Jad without protection prayers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPjFAYQxUgY

Seems it's prayer flashing (the uintended bug) that's the reason why Woox got his prayer up that long.

To be honest I find the whole idea of e-fame just completely fails to get my attention.

What does get my attention is players finding new ways of getting the most fun out of RS, now that impresses me! Please note that this is not about huge amounts of xp, it's not about the most 'efficient' or 'fastest' way of leveling....its about enjoying the game in a way that suits them and its entertaining to watch.......go for it! :thumbsup:

35cq0q9.png

To be honest I find the whole idea of e-fame just completely fails to get my attention.

What does get my attention is players finding new ways of getting the most fun out of RS, now that impresses me! Please note that this is not about huge amounts of xp, it's not about the most 'efficient' or 'fastest' way of leveling....its about enjoying the game in a way that suits them and its entertaining to watch.......go for it! :thumbsup:

Killing monsters in a certain way is fun. The most satisfying achievement for me was killing Jad without protection prayers not 10 99s.

So Woox is doing what your saying.

That is what most rs videos are >.>, aside from zarfots videos, few highly efficent guides/people being efficent videos exist (which is a shame).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

wat even is pve

Player v Environment, but I think PvM is equally correct.

PvM is just newer, created from people not knowing that PvE was the correct term, slang of the gaming slang if you will.

I don't really feel like there's a "correct" term. Both describe the activity rather accurately and ultimately the function of the term is just to differentiate from PVP scenarios.

Well if you where talking from a game design point of view it's officially PvE, always has been its an original technical term, unlike PvM which is slang.

"Monsters" are part of the game environment, plus Varrock guards aren't "monsters".

Tbh I think it's a bit silly...

This kid made a challange up for himself alone by killing some monster in a weird way (offcourse nobody is gonna do that, why should anyone :S?).

And now suddenly J-mods give him the honour to talk about him on the home page?

Now there are 100ths who can do the same stuff as he did, just nobody cared or is a drame queen.

Why not put anything really amazing on there? Who was the first to make lvl 99's? Who gave the biggest drop party? Amazing monthly records, good old history storys, top F2p players?

Or just in case think out a battle for this week and put the winner on the home page next week.

What I know about Woox is that he's a little show off that really isn't any better as bunches of other pkers.

What about U E A X Pker? Who succesfully killed a jad at cb 41 (a record that's standing for over 5 years now isn't it)?

Cb 40 even, I thought it was a little higher, but still the lowest combat lvl in history to achieve a firecape (without help from Jagex lowering your stats afterwards).