Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Woox16 advertised on the main rs page

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
If you have managed to miss it / do not read the front page, recently jagex have a news post

02-Nov-2011 - Woox16 vs Dominion Tower: Fight!

The Dominion Tower is a deadly new arena in which players can battle some of the fiercest enemies in RuneScape history. Who better to face this challenge than the bane of boss monsters everywhere... Woox16?

Woox16 needs little introduction, but here's one anyway! He's taken on the terror of Jad with no items and a single prayer point, as seen here. He's killed the Corporeal Beast without food and without any stat draining. He soloed the sinister Nex, and was the first person known to solo the Corporeal Beast.

Woox16 will be taking on the bosses within the Dominion Tower and seeing just how long he can stay alive. Of course, what fun would there be if we didn't throw in a surprise or two?

If you'd like to watch Woox16's progress, and be the first to learn how you could earn some epic loot in the process, then keep an eye on our dedicated forum thread and the RuneScape Facebook page all of this week!

Mod Crow and Mod Kathy

Is supporting specific players like this a good idea, where normal players can't even link videos to the rsof.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
I agree it isn't right but I kinda see where it could be going - People do enjoy e-fame and to be mentioned by Jagex in front of Hundreds of thousands of people would be pretty crazy. So some e-fame hunters will strive for this and contnue playing alot (= more subscriptions = money) to try and achive something worthy of a front page mention and thus, becoming e-famouss

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
As long as this is a chain of continuous events, meaning that prominent players will get featured, I see nothing wrong with it. Plus, I'm interested in the challenge.
Posted Image

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
In the hands of jagex - No - As is apparent.

But otherwise its a good idea.

(Wd Woox though - For certain various achievements. Not too keen on some that jagex listed (Being jagex fault putting it on front page and condoning it.) but personally I dont care either way. )

..Its very..enlightening on jagex part what they condone nowadays heh. Not surprised.

I have tbh though. If I was one those members who cant log in right now I wouldnt appreciate this 'PR' action on front page while very little info about logging in. =s (Maybe best to waited.. Manners and all. Irrelevant if its different departments..It just 'looks' bad on their part.) Gratefully im not having logging in issues. Just a tower of bugs. ^.^

Again wd to Woox for a mention.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Didn't he beat nex by bug abusing or what was that?
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
This is a silly little scheme if ever I saw one. Suppose they want it to balance out with Jiblix's e-fame for reasons that didn't do them many favours.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Wisky_is_Goo
[ Display Name History ]

Wisky_is_Goo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • RSN:Wisky_is_goo

Didn't he beat nex by bug abusing?

first to duo legally. nex as it is now is impossible solo without the safespot. call it a bug/glitch whatever, he earned it.
Posted Image

Yay0siris
[ Display Name History ]

Yay0siris

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 332 posts
Only people who care are those who are jealous

Askthedude
[ Display Name History ]

Askthedude

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ask The Dude
It's pretty much the same as what happened with the video maker guy that I can't remember the name of...
Waste of time in my opinion, why would I bother watching someone else play when I can play myself and have more fun?
Posted Image

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
  • RSN:Mr frogger
  • RSN '07:Mr frogger
Pretty much what Yay0siris said. I personally like that Woox is getting some attention from jagex, but that's because i don't care about myself getting that attention.

Besides, this isn't the first time jagex have interacted with him, woox duo'd nex with a jmod. (Attempted to as soon as it came out and failed as expected)

I look forward to whatever these 'suprises' are that will be used, but i don't think the video will be interesting besides those. Woox works by doing something 10000 times and taking the best clip, which is obviously amazing. Live isn't as good.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT
I don't especially like it - as I've said elsewhere, I think it's a rather silly person in their marketing dept going "omg look wat we can do with dat facebook thing" - but it really doesn't matter to me. I barely keep up with the game at all when I'm going through inactive phases; I certainly don't pay attention to who's famous for doing what then either (and during my active phases, I'm too busy playing, lol).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I know right? Facebook is such a silly way for companies to market their products and events...

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Who.

Cares.

I mean, really? Of all t he things to complain about, we pick this? They've approached a high-profile, very respected PVMer (PVM master?) to traack progress and give 'tips' in DT.

Here's an idea. If you don't like it, don't partake. It's going to help some people, so how is that at all a bad thing?

Edit: Re: E-fame

He's already got e-fame. Already people flocking to him whenever he is in game, already huge numbers of followers and love over YT, so I don't see how this will be "helping" him TO e-fame.

Manifesting more? Maybe.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
I don't see what the big deal is. Honestly, I'd never heard of Woox16 before today. What they need to be focusing on is fixing the login issue so many us are having.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Didn't he beat nex by bug abusing?

first to duo legally. nex as it is now is impossible solo without the safespot. call it a bug/glitch whatever, he earned it.

Bug/glitch=nex has no HP/doesn't hit. Safespot=/=glitch.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

codecRS
[ Display Name History ]

codecRS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • RSN:C o d e c
its not fair when he isnt even rank one in the tower

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D
I thought he quit.

Either way, not a single care was given this day. Although I find it interesting that they're taking this direction with community videos. Not sure if it should be on the main page though...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Is supporting specific players like this a good idea, where normal players can't even link videos to the rsof.

Wouldn't you be a better candidate? What with getting to and beating jad without prayer of any kind? :razz:

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
Ever since Woox said he quit and made a big stink about it, I just lost all interest in him. Of course he didn't quit, he just felt like making a big scene as if he was really important or something. Now he's being yammered about by some Jagex goon who decided to post about him on the home page. Whatever.

Woox isn't really all that amazing, he just fights bosses a lot, and does it non-stop until he stumbles upon a good strategy. That's rather impressive in it's own right, but nothing too special. I'm sure there are lots of other talented (and I use that term loosely) boss hunters out there in Runescape who just don't get nearly as much attention. Why? Woox is a drama queen.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook
Honestly don't see anything wrong with this, sure a lot of people are jealous and some feel that he may not be worthier than themselves to get special attention from Jagex. I feel that there is nothing wrong with Jagex recognizing some special players with unique achievements in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users