Woox16 advertised on the main rs page

If you have managed to miss it / do not read the front page, recently jagex have a news post

02-Nov-2011 - Woox16 vs Dominion Tower: Fight!

The Dominion Tower is a deadly new arena in which players can battle some of the fiercest enemies in RuneScape history. Who better to face this challenge than the bane of boss monsters everywhere... Woox16?

Woox16 needs little introduction, but here's one anyway! He's taken on the terror of Jad with no items and a single prayer point, as seen here. He's killed the Corporeal Beast without food and without any stat draining. He soloed the sinister Nex, and was the first person known to solo the Corporeal Beast.

Woox16 will be taking on the bosses within the Dominion Tower and seeing just how long he can stay alive. Of course, what fun would there be if we didn't throw in a surprise or two?

If you'd like to watch Woox16's progress, and be the first to learn how you could earn some epic loot in the process, then keep an eye on our dedicated forum thread and the RuneScape Facebook page all of this week!

Mod Crow and Mod Kathy

Is supporting specific players like this a good idea, where normal players can't even link videos to the rsof.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it isn't right but I kinda see where it could be going - People do enjoy e-fame and to be mentioned by Jagex in front of Hundreds of thousands of people would be pretty crazy. So some e-fame hunters will strive for this and contnue playing alot (= more subscriptions = money) to try and achive something worthy of a front page mention and thus, becoming e-famouss

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

In the hands of jagex - No - As is apparent.

But otherwise its a good idea.

(Wd Woox though - For certain various achievements. Not too keen on some that jagex listed (Being jagex fault putting it on front page and condoning it.) but personally I dont care either way. )

..Its very..enlightening on jagex part what they condone nowadays heh. Not surprised.

I have tbh though. If I was one those members who cant log in right now I wouldnt appreciate this 'PR' action on front page while very little info about logging in. =s (Maybe best to waited.. Manners and all. Irrelevant if its different departments..It just 'looks' bad on their part.) Gratefully im not having logging in issues. Just a tower of bugs. ^.^

Again wd to Woox for a mention.

Didn't he beat nex by bug abusing or what was that?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

This is a silly little scheme if ever I saw one. Suppose they want it to balance out with Jiblix's e-fame for reasons that didn't do them many favours.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It's pretty much the same as what happened with the video maker guy that I can't remember the name of...

Waste of time in my opinion, why would I bother watching someone else play when I can play myself and have more fun?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Pretty much what Yay0siris said. I personally like that Woox is getting some attention from jagex, but that's because i don't care about myself getting that attention.

Besides, this isn't the first time jagex have interacted with him, woox duo'd nex with a jmod. (Attempted to as soon as it came out and failed as expected)

I look forward to whatever these 'suprises' are that will be used, but i don't think the video will be interesting besides those. Woox works by doing something 10000 times and taking the best clip, which is obviously amazing. Live isn't as good.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I don't especially like it - as I've said elsewhere, I think it's a rather silly person in their marketing dept going "omg look wat we can do with dat facebook thing" - but it really doesn't matter to me. I barely keep up with the game at all when I'm going through inactive phases; I certainly don't pay attention to who's famous for doing what then either (and during my active phases, I'm too busy playing, lol).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Who.

Cares.

I mean, really? Of all t he things to complain about, we pick this? They've approached a high-profile, very respected PVMer (PVM master?) to traack progress and give 'tips' in DT.

Here's an idea. If you don't like it, don't partake. It's going to help some people, so how is that at all a bad thing?

Edit: Re: E-fame

He's already got e-fame. Already people flocking to him whenever he is in game, already huge numbers of followers and love over YT, so I don't see how this will be "helping" him TO e-fame.

Manifesting more? Maybe.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I don't see what the big deal is. Honestly, I'd never heard of Woox16 before today. What they need to be focusing on is fixing the login issue so many us are having.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Didn't he beat nex by bug abusing?

first to duo legally. nex as it is now is impossible solo without the safespot. call it a bug/glitch whatever, he earned it.

Bug/glitch=nex has no HP/doesn't hit. Safespot=/=glitch.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I thought he quit.

Either way, not a single care was given this day. Although I find it interesting that they're taking this direction with community videos. Not sure if it should be on the main page though...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Ever since Woox said he quit and made a big stink about it, I just lost all interest in him. Of course he didn't quit, he just felt like making a big scene as if he was really important or something. Now he's being yammered about by some Jagex goon who decided to post about him on the home page. Whatever.

Woox isn't really all that amazing, he just fights bosses a lot, and does it non-stop until he stumbles upon a good strategy. That's rather impressive in it's own right, but nothing too special. I'm sure there are lots of other talented (and I use that term loosely) boss hunters out there in Runescape who just don't get nearly as much attention. Why? Woox is a drama queen.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Honestly don't see anything wrong with this, sure a lot of people are jealous and some feel that he may not be worthier than themselves to get special attention from Jagex. I feel that there is nothing wrong with Jagex recognizing some special players with unique achievements in the game.

Ever since Woox said he quit and made a big stink about it, I just lost all interest in him. Of course he didn't quit, he just felt like making a big scene as if he was really important or something. Now he's being yammered about by some Jagex goon who decided to post about him on the home page. Whatever.

Woox isn't really all that amazing, he just fights bosses a lot, and does it non-stop until he stumbles upon a good strategy. That's rather impressive in it's own right, but nothing too special. I'm sure there are lots of other talented (and I use that term loosely) boss hunters out there in Runescape who just don't get nearly as much attention. Why? Woox is a drama queen.

Someone sounds a bit hurt.. :---)

On topic, I don't really mind. Seen Woox16's videos before, and must admit he could very well be the "best PVM'er" out there. If he gets a video worth of attention on front page, good for him. Doesn't really make any difference to me. Except that I learned how to do Corporal Beast, watching Woox's videos.. :oops:

u5zhkTY.gif

Guest jrhairychest

Honestly don't see anything wrong with this, sure a lot of people are jealous and some feel that he may not be worthier than themselves to get special attention from Jagex. I feel that there is nothing wrong with Jagex recognizing some special players with unique achievements in the game.

^This. I've seen a few comments about the fact that this guy is a little arrogant. I say good on him. If he's one of the best at what he does he has every right to be arrogant about it and he's quite entertaining. Sure beats the usual "I so pro coz I can rush at dunge" posts.

You know what's even more special than a player being recognized on the front page? The fact that Jagex recognizes Woox's use of emergent gameplay (nex safespot) without calling it bug abuse and banning him. Historically, Jagex hates emergent gameplay in all its forms.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

He's pretty much the most famous PVMer out there, and I'd prefer him to be doing it by far than whoever is currently at the top of the dominion tower boards (dark lust?) . And yes he safespotted Nex (safespots? in Runescape? get out!) but that doesn't change the fact he is one of very few players to 'legitimately' duo Nex, solo the Corporeal Beast, and kill Jad with a single prayer point. In fact, he was the first to solo the Corporeal Beast.

I would have thought that Jagex would have left out the Nex thing though, seeing as they made a big fuss about it being un-soloable. Oh well.

Asmodean <3