22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

BTW, where the hell is the game updates on the main page? I can't find them anywhere.

On the "Community Site" page. The link is part way down the right side.

How stupid.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

BTW, where the hell is the game updates on the main page? I can't find them anywhere.

How stupid.

It took a bit for me to find it as well. I liked it much more when news updates were on the main page.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

How stupid.

It took a bit for me to find it as well. I liked it much more when news updates were on the main page.

I don't even have anything else to say. Jagex has pretty much left me speechless.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I really do not like who they only updated some textures, makes things like the bank window seem out of place.

Also really not liking the new icons, they just seem to 3Dish if that makes any sence.

LektiFury.jpg

~ 99 Hunter 1/29/09 ~ 99 Firemaking 12/4/10 ~

Lekti.png

How stupid.

The news posts are back on the main page.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

As for being a 'bootlicking Billy'? :blink: I would rather have a positive attitude than get so stressed and be a drama queen over what is basically just a game.

It's a bit of a bittersweet story, though. Many of us have invested lots of time and money into this game and company to see it turn out like...this. No one here in their wildest dreams thought that Jagex would go through with such a controversial change [to the high scores] after hearing tons of feedback against it...but that's what happens.

You have a point. I realize that RS/Jagex isn't worth stressing over. However, that doesn't mean that I won't call them out every time they do something so eye-gouging stupid.

Positives? The only handful of positives with the update may be the leprechaun's limits being relaxed and a "new" forum. Outside of that, there is a staggering amount of negatives.

- Runehead and Runetracker, both of which make use of the high scores, cannot be used effectively anymore, unless clans are strictly P2P.

- Dynamic signatures everywhere cease to operate on a huge chunk of the community.

- Long-standing "pure F2P" players (one of which was acknowledged by MMG himself) can no longer display this amazing accomplishment.

So you may have to forgive the community for a few days if it seems like the attitude is negative.

I think there are some very real and strong positives in the updates, irrespective of highscores, which after all is only one change. Particularly useful is the trading limit for new players of 25k, they can receive as much as they like, but cannot give anyone more than 25k. Well no legitimate new player is going to have 25k to give away, unless its been given to them in which case they will probably want to keep it!

I don't even use a 'dynamic signature' so am totally oblivious as to why that should be an issue.

Long standing "pure F2P" players, what does that mean? They are dedicated to playing the game free for as long as possible? They hold a principle that 'Free' is better? F2P are the P2P resistance force? You can't hold to that then get all wound up when Jagex try to finally get you into membership, as stated previously Jagex haven't left F2P out of graphical updates, F2P have even had new quests and tasks added...a huge concession to a free game in my opinion. And in all this the "pure F2P" players act like new players are not worth consideration, well I can assure you there are plenty of new players coming to RS and loving it!

As for the negativity, its not just a 'few days', its constant! Its like the dripping tap...repetitive and relentless and doesn't serve any real purpose.

35cq0q9.png

How stupid.

Weird. They weren't when I made that post. I even loaded the page to double check what the link was called.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This update is absolutely abhorred. There are so many glitches, at least for me as a f2per... now. >.< I hate being f2p, but i cba paying for membership when I hardly play ever and I'm in college. gah. Oh well, anyway, I've found so many glitches it's not funny... one that almost turned out to be a really good moneymaker. here is a screenie of it. 46425617.th.png

I had already clicked on the money from the bank, and it appeared in my inventory but it didn't disappear from the GE, I was like HUH?! then tried clicking more, but it didn't work. Shame.

Anyway, this update has been so horrible, I can't click on half of my map, or see three quarters of it... it's really annoying.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

So they basically brought back trade limits but only in f2p. Can we call it a demo yet?

Yeah. I might've missed the demo, but I think as of this update F2P is officially a demo.

Maybe if they gave F2P highscores and some way for new F2P players to lose the trade limit...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

My account somehow got "recovered" and the password was changed and now I can't recover it because the log in box on forgot password doesn't work. Awesome.

And how the hell does someone recover my account anyway.

As for being a 'bootlicking Billy'? :blink: I would rather have a positive attitude than get so stressed and be a drama queen over what is basically just a game.

It's a bit of a bittersweet story, though. Many of us have invested lots of time and money into this game and company to see it turn out like...this. No one here in their wildest dreams thought that Jagex would go through with such a controversial change [to the high scores] after hearing tons of feedback against it...but that's what happens.

You have a point. I realize that RS/Jagex isn't worth stressing over. However, that doesn't mean that I won't call them out every time they do something so eye-gouging stupid.

Positives? The only handful of positives with the update may be the leprechaun's limits being relaxed and a "new" forum. Outside of that, there is a staggering amount of negatives.

- Runehead and Runetracker, both of which make use of the high scores, cannot be used effectively anymore, unless clans are strictly P2P.

- Dynamic signatures everywhere cease to operate on a huge chunk of the community.

- Long-standing "pure F2P" players (one of which was acknowledged by MMG himself) can no longer display this amazing accomplishment.

So you may have to forgive the community for a few days if it seems like the attitude is negative.

I think there are some very real and strong positives in the updates, irrespective of highscores, which after all is only one change. Particularly useful is the trading limit for new players of 25k, they can receive as much as they like, but cannot give anyone more than 25k. Well no legitimate new player is going to have 25k to give away, unless its been given to them in which case they will probably want to keep it!

I don't even use a 'dynamic signature' so am totally oblivious as to why that should be an issue.

Long standing "pure F2P" players, what does that mean? They are dedicated to playing the game free for as long as possible? They hold a principle that 'Free' is better? F2P are the P2P resistance force? You can't hold to that then get all wound up when Jagex try to finally get you into membership, as stated previously Jagex haven't left F2P out of graphical updates, F2P have even had new quests and tasks added...a huge concession to a free game in my opinion. And in all this the "pure F2P" players act like new players are not worth consideration, well I can assure you there are plenty of new players coming to RS and loving it!

As for the negativity, its not just a 'few days', its constant! Its like the dripping tap...repetitive and relentless and doesn't serve any real purpose.

Okay, I'll keep it short and sweet.

- Very real and strong positives in the updates: The only one that's worth writing home about is the Leprechauns. Putting trade limits in retroactively, even after Jagex essentially admitted that trade limits didn't work, is very much a step backwards.

- "One" change: You'd be surprised how one change can affect thousands. The highscores and their usage was a very integral part of many fansites, including this one. Just because you didn't make use of it doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

- Pure F2P players: The reason that these players were celebrated [by Jagex] so much is that they were the one and only counterargument to F2P's obvious lack of content. I mean, what's better than someone that's put in 8,000 or more hours in-game? They can say a lot about their product then - how many hours of content it has, how much it has to offer, and how it's all for free.

You lose that, you can essentially reduce F2P to nothing more than a demo.

Lastly, I don't think you can assure me that new players are coming to the game and loving it, not unless you're privy to some marketing information that the rest of the world isn't.

- Negativity: Instead of focusing just on "I think that Jagex messed ________ up" or "I don't like this update because _________", focus in on the reason. There's not much reason to whine if everyone's getting what they expected. If there is whining, then looking at the reasons instead of just hearing the whine would go a long way to understanding the feedback that Jagex is ignoring getting.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

How stupid.

Weird. They weren't when I made that post. I even loaded the page to double check what the link was called.

This.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Guest jrhairychest

Agreed. You ever get the feeling this isnt about Jagex but about trying to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of the game? Just like the kid who takes his ball back when he cant get his own way.

One of the reasons why Im glad the high scores were done was because F2Pers never appreciated what they had. I dont recall ever reading a single post where a pure F2Per made the point of how they were thankful for getting what they had and it was wrong to keep asking for more. Theres even a sticky for it as it was such a culture with F2Ps expectations (Why cant P2P have....). When the high score thing was initially announced it put the icing on the cake with the attitude that came with it. I wont hold my breath on the quitters. Most will be back or theyll just pretend to quit. From my point of view, its a shame they will be back. Id rather they just left.

If the negative clan who are still sticking around here really want their tonne pound of flesh then an anti-jagex sticky is what is needed. Perhaps Tipit would be so good as to put a sticky somewhere into the rants forum. They can then discuss all their 'issues'. The likes of Deathnell, Makoto, Crocefisso, Ring world, Sonniku, DV etc would benefit from dealing with their Jagex issues. I'm sure you'll all have a really good time in there discussing how Jagex........................(put own slab of 100% pure beef here and instead of French fries just top it all off with that rather large chip on your shoulder).

Agreed. You ever get the feeling this isnt about Jagex but about trying to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of the game? Just like the kid who takes his ball back when he cant get his own way.

One of the reasons why Im glad the high scores were done was because F2Pers never appreciated what they had. I dont recall ever reading a single post where a pure F2Per made the point of how they were thankful for getting what they had and it was wrong to keep asking for more. Theres even a sticky for it as it was such a culture with F2Ps expectations (Why cant P2P have....). When the high score thing was initially announced it put the icing on the cake with the attitude that came with it. I wont hold my breath on the quitters. Most will be back or theyll just pretend to quit. From my point of view, its a shame they will be back. Id rather they just left.

If the negative clan who are still sticking around here really want their tonne pound of flesh then an anti-jagex sticky is what is needed. Perhaps Tipit would be so good as to put a sticky somewhere into the rants forum. They can then discuss all their 'issues'. The likes of Deathnell, Makoto, Crocefisso, Ring world, Sonniku, DV etc would benefit from dealing with their Jagex issues. I'm sure you'll all have a really good time in there discussing how Jagex........................(put own slab of 100% pure beef here and instead of French fries just top it all off with that rather large chip on your shoulder).

You complain about us, but you seem to be the one I always see whining.

- Leprechauns will now store plant cures, up to 255 buckets, 5 scarecrows, and can deposit magic secateurs automatically if equipped. The Herblore Habitat leprechaun will now also store up to 30 of several kinds of vine.

wow. ive waited ages for them to raise the max number of buckets in storage, and plant cures too, awesome.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Oh dear...

Let's start with a clearing of a misunderstanding. I am not by any means anti-Jagex. I don't think that any of the posters you've mentioned above are, either. It may be the case that we (and I use that term liberally) have decided to post a large quantity of negative feedback in regards to their latest decision.

Know what that's called? Feedback. Get used to it being mostly negative, as feedback about successful products is rarely glowing with Skittles and rainbows and puppy dogs.

I'll agree that being told how much you suck never helps. Being a software developer myself, hearing that doesn't inspire me to move all ten of my fingers to rectify a situation. Maybe one, but the other nine are hit-or-miss. However, my skin is thick enough that I can take hearing how poorly this module performed, or that someone doesn't like my overall design strategy, or that someone feels I should support such-and-such operating system.

I don't recall making any gesture or suggestion that everyone celebrating Jagex's decisions be put into a separate section of the forum, so I would greatly appreciate it if you rescind that part. I'm merely trying to facilitate discussion by presenting my side of the argument (or, if you see fit, how much I disagree with Jagex's latest move). I'm sorry that you don't like it, but you can always agree to disagree.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

[quote name='Formerly_Deathknell' timestamp='1321997443' post='5103244'

You complain about us, but you seem to be the one I always see whining.

Tu quoque fallacy.

But I agree with you to a point, best thing for him to do is to wait a few weeks, see if all the "jagex should go burn in hell" posters are still here, or if you'll realize that posting on a RuneScape fansite is a strange thing for someone who ostensibly hates RS to do. Time solves most problems.

- Very real and strong positives in the updates: The only one that's worth writing home about is the Leprechauns. Putting trade limits in retroactively, even after Jagex essentially admitted that trade limits didn't work, is very much a step backwards.

- "One" change: You'd be surprised how one change can affect thousands. The highscores and their usage was a very integral part of many fansites, including this one. Just because you didn't make use of it doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

- Pure F2P players: The reason that these players were celebrated [by Jagex] so much is that they were the one and only counterargument to F2P's obvious lack of content. I mean, what's better than someone that's put in 8,000 or more hours in-game? They can say a lot about their product then - how many hours of content it has, how much it has to offer, and how it's all for free.

Lastly, I don't think you can assure me that new players are coming to the game and loving it, not unless you're privy to some marketing information that the rest of the world isn't.

- Negativity: Instead of focusing just on "I think that Jagex messed ________ up" or "I don't like this update because _________", focus in on the reason. There's not much reason to whine if everyone's getting what they expected. If there is whining, then looking at the reasons instead of just hearing the whine would go a long way to understanding the feedback that Jagex is ignoring getting.

I disagree with your first point, other people earlier on in this thread have clearly stated the positives in the updates, you can go back and see for yourself. The trade limit is only for new players and not comparable to what Jagex did before.

So highscores affect you? If you are "pure F2P" for reasons of challenge and its not about money then become a fee paying F2P community, what's the problem? (I have put that point in another thread). A demo has a time limit, RS hasn't....believe it or not, you can actually play it for as long as you want without any penalties.

As for new players, I don't have stats if thats what you're asking for. I do have mine and others direct experience of being in F2P since the bot busting....yup I do have an F2P account also. F2P is heaving with new and excited players, declaring they are rich because they have 10k (those were the days :rolleyes: ) and queuing up to kill cows and goblins.

35cq0q9.png

Oh dear...

Let's start with a clearing of a misunderstanding. I am not by any means anti-Jagex. I don't think that any of the posters you've mentioned above are, either. It may be the case that we (and I use that term liberally) have decided to post a large quantity of negative feedback in regards to their latest decision.

Really, you don't think "~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull" qualifies as anti-jagex? If you don't want to be lumped in with that crowd, just because you think Jagex is being "eye-gougingly stupid", then that's ok. But there are multiple people in this thread calling for Jagex to suffer fates worse than mere death. If that doesn't qualify as anti-Jagex, then nothing does.

I don't recall making any gesture or suggestion that everyone celebrating Jagex's decisions be put into a separate section of the forum, so I would greatly appreciate it if you rescind that part. I'm merely trying to facilitate discussion by presenting my side of the argument (or, if you see fit, how much I disagree with Jagex's latest move). I'm sorry that you don't like it, but you can always agree to disagree.

He's only allowed to make suggestions that exactly mirror yours? How does that make sense? How does that jibe with "agree to disagree"? If there were a forum for only people who enjoy Runescape and don't want Jagex to burn in hell, I would prefer it to this one. How is that different from moving people who don't fit into that category into rants, anyway? Isn't that just a semantical difference?

Am I the only one here opposed to the trade restrictions? I think it was very poorly thought out. As I see it, the implementation of this will have absolutely no effect on either mule accounts or gold sellers real-world trading with their mains -- the main source of transactions surrounding ill-gotten gold.

First problem, is that it's very easy to remove these restrictions, and it's a permanent removal at that too. Gold sellers handle real money very often. Who in their right mind would think a RWTer would be stopped simply by the requirement to purchase membership? They do it all the time to keep their business running!

Secondly, the trade restriction only affects outgoing transactions originating from the affected account, not incoming transactions. Many RWTers use mules, whose only use is to store excess gold/items acquired from the main account. Existing gold sellers will be able to transfer excess without any impediment. Whenever they're running out of gold to sell on their main account, they'll just take some from their reserves.

Oh, but don't worry! At least we stopped RWT where it most matters -- the new accounts! :rolleyes:

I'm all for trade restrictions, as long as they're imposed on the appropriate population, and implemented correctly. Now, if you've noticed, this update affects outgoing transactions, implying that Jagex's curbing RWT on the supply side -- the people who sell the gold, hence outgoing.

...what new account has the kind of gold to sell for large profit, besides a mule?

As they handle real money frequently, they'll have enough of it to buy membership and be rid of the restrictions anyway. What's an extra $8.00 to someone who wants to purchase (or sell) $50.00 worth of gold? On top of their shiny new gold, guess what, no more trade restrictions! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, this update targeted the wrong population, and incorrectly at that. Jagex at least could've implemented it to affect incoming transactions -- you know, the way customers actually get the gold. Fail update is fail.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I disagree with your first point, other people earlier on in this thread have clearly stated the positives in the updates, you can go back and see for yourself. The trade limit is only for new players and not comparable to what Jagex did before.

So highscores affect you? If you are "pure F2P" for reasons of challenge and its not about money then become a fee paying F2P community, what's the problem? (I have put that point in another thread). A demo has a time limit, RS hasn't....believe it or not, you can actually play it for as long as you want without any penalties.

As for new players, I don't have stats if thats what you're asking for. I do have mine and others direct experience of being in F2P since the bot busting....yup I do have an F2P account also. F2P is heaving with new and excited players, declaring they are rich because they have 10k (those were the days :rolleyes: ) and queuing up to kill cows and goblins.

It's a working opinion of mine, but that would be the only positive I agree with. Removing bots from high scores is a plus, but the cost at which it had to be implemented was unnecessary, in my opinion. Again, implementing the trade limit, despite it not being on the same scope (or in the same realm of effectiveness) as what was done before, doesn't mean that the past lessons won't apply.

I was never "pure" F2P to begin with. There were certainly others that were. I'm only calling to attention the alienation of both the "pure F2P" community, and the up-and-coming F2P community. The rest of your argument is a bit of a non-sequitur, so forgive if I don't reply to that...

Lastly, I enjoy giving people the benefit of the doubt, but actions within the community itself and Jagex's own active-online numbers [in F2P] do not convince me enough that your statements are based in fact, but merely conjecture. If you want to convince me, you'll have to give me some concrete information. You don't have to, though - we can let that point just...go.

[EDIT]

Oh dear...

Really, you don't think "~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull" qualifies as anti-jagex? If you don't want to be lumped in with that crowd, just because you think Jagex is being "eye-gougingly stupid", then that's ok. But there are multiple people in this thread calling for Jagex to suffer fates worse than mere death. If that doesn't qualify as anti-Jagex, then nothing does.

*shrug* So DV can defend his own actions better than I can. As for lumping me in - whether you want to or not doesn't really bother me, I just wish that I could give feedback in a way that didn't label me as either a Jagex apologist or anti-Jagex.

He's only allowed to make suggestions that exactly mirror yours? How does that make sense? How does that jibe with "agree to disagree"? If there were a forum for only people who enjoy Runescape and don't want Jagex to burn in hell, I would prefer it to this one. How is that different from moving people who don't fit into that category into rants, anyway? Isn't that just a semantical difference?

I'm merely defending myself here. In debates, I like to hear both sides of the table, and not immediately say, "Let's cordone people off that don't agree with such-and-such view to this side of the Internet!" I just felt like I was personally attacked there, that's all. Don't read too deep into it, I'm really not looking for a fight here.

Edited by Makoto_the_Phoenix

s1L0U.jpg

Am I the only one here opposed to the trade restrictions? I think it was very poorly thought out. As I see it, the implementation of this will have absolutely no effect on either mule accounts or gold sellers real-world trading with their mains -- the main source of this.

First problem, is that it's very easy to remove these restrictions, and it's a permanent removal at that too. Gold sellers handle real money very often. Who in their right mind would think a RWTer would be stopped simply by the requirement to purchase membership? They do it all the time to keep their business running!

Secondly, the trade restriction only affects outgoing transactions originating from the affected account, not incoming transactions. Many RWTers use mules, whose only use is to store excess gold/items acquired from the main account. Existing gold sellers will be able to transfer excess without any impediment. Whenever they're running out of gold to sell on their main account, they'll just take some from their reserves.

Oh, but don't worry! At least we stopped RWT where it most matters -- the new accounts! :rolleyes:

I'm all for trade restrictions, as long as they're imposed on the appropriate population, and implemented correctly. New accounts are the least likely to pay for gold -- by the fact they just started the game. They'll likely play legitimately unless pushed enough to play otherwise thanks to the intolerable grind. By the time they feel compelled to RWT, they'll have enough real money to buy membership and be rid of the restrictions anyway. What's an extra $8.00 to someone who wants to purchase $50.00 worth of gold? On top of their shiny new gold, guess what, no more trade restrictions! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, this update targeted the wrong population, and incorrectly at that. Jagex at least could've implemented it to affect incoming transactions -- you know, the way customers actually get the gold. Fail update is fail.

I think the point is that Jagex have suggested they have got rid of gold sellers main and mule accounts, therefore they will have to start again and will be unable to farm gold with the new ones because of the restrictions, if thats the case that is a moot point.

Most people have seen this as a positive update for that reason.

35cq0q9.png

You must be new here or just ignorant. Where did you get the infromation that F2Pers are not gratefull with what we have? Do you want me to send Jagex a thank you letter with some flowers? Get your facts right! I know and this is a fact, that most serious pure F2Pers are extremely gratefull to Jagex.

Jagex should know that I am always gratefull to them and whatever criticism I express against them has a reason. If it's downright hate or just flaming I still have a reason. Jagex aren't gods that can't do wrongs or be criticised and I will not kiss their ass.