22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

What comes to the front page.. I personally like it. I think the Trailer Video and the screenshots shouldn't have been right in the middle of the page, but in overall it looks very good. What comes to the Hiscores, well, of course removing the F2P community from the HS was a shitty idea, but the HS itself looks f'ing amazing, it makes me speecheless that how well Jagex has done with the Hiscores' design etc, very good Job Jagex, but removing the F2P players from the HS was still crap idea, just saying.

Little glitch i've noticed, if you're playing on re-sized or full-screen there is a chance u can click through the text box, Skill tab, icons etc etc. Anything that should have a wall on it so to speak is clipping.

Love the fact that i'm not lagging as much though.

there's an option to turn that off in the graphics section.

Naaxi.png

Overall the site feels really clunky and bloated. I've always been one for minimalist interfaces and this is just incredibly packed with huge text/buttons.

While I'm not a 'minimalist' lover, they have gone too far the other way. Like you said, it's just bulky now. Even in game I can't even see most of the game tabs at the bottom because of all the wasted space at the top.

The account settings page is a huge improvement. You just have to log in once and you can access everything. The adventurer's log is cool as well, even if they removed the time ingame feature and halved the length of the recent activities list.

The front page deserves to be killed with fire though. It's so obnoxious and even more useless than the old splash page :evil:

Dungeoneering surgeboxes and blastboxes now have a "Check charges" option when equipped. They can also now be left-click equipped.

Several more NPCs have been given left-click attack. This includes Pest Control NPCs, skeletal wyverns, and the Chaos Elemental.

The Advisor System and related micro-tutorials have been removed from the game.

More updates like this please :thumbsup:

New website looks pretty cool; the hall of heroes on hiscores is really nice. Still annoying that we can't view a player's stats in one screen.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Oh gawd the forums are horrible now. I have to scroll on every freaking page. Didn't they learn anything when everyone complained that the highscores were too big....?

I'm not one of those guys constantly complaining about change, and I think getting a new website is great....but there's so much stuff here that adds *omg cool looking st00f* and distracts usability...

Why aren't you able to choose a thread page on the top anymore?

Why can't you see who posted the last post on a thread?

Why do I have to scroll to see one page of a forum?

Why is the option to go to a page you type in gone?

Why is the font so awful to read(light text on dark background too....)?

Adventurer's logs look horrible too....sure that 30 cm warrior looks great, but I want to see the stats and recent events of that person, not some stupid piece of artwork. -.-

The whole site also has a feel like every other MMO site out there. Sure there are reasons for that...but I kinda liked the uniqueness...it just feels like a cheap ripoff of some other MMO, idk.

About the f2p changes: God, for a moment I thought F2P weren't able to trade more than 25k worth in a day O_o I wouldn't put it past Jagex

with 25k of unbalanced trade, I think that's ok. Shouldn't hurt f2pers much and will restrict gold farmers.

I really can't believe that they actually went through with getting rid of f2p highscores. AND the new website and highscores just seem like a big hassle and waste of space. I like seeing my updates and not crummy troll face or victories and happy kid s**t on everything everywhere on the website.

EDIT:

Wow i hate this update more and more the interfaces are stupid and pointless. Doesn't go with the game and lot more. The forums and website overal are just a horrible change. The lagg and everything else makes them such a hassle not to mention the adventurer's log is completely ruined. WHY SHORTEN IT!? i dnt need stupid graphics give me my info ..

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I'm definitely not a fan of the new web site. It's slow to load, and all the flickering animations make scrolling through the page (once it's loaded) very laggy. <_<

That said, Turkey Protest! was nice and short and I got to help a couple of people finish it and give them some advice on making gp. Oh, and they seem to have fixed the lag issue when teleporting or when moving from one area to another. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I didn't think I could jump so many ranks but i did... and I didn't gain any XP either in many of those skills holy cow! http://runetracker.o...ck-forsakenmage

[hide]

Skills:		+EXP	+RANK
Overall		+169k,	+1.6k
Attack		+1.4k,	+2.8k
Defence		+1.6k,	+6.1k
Strength	+8.8k,	+6.8k
Constitution	+13k,	+3.9k
Ranged		+98k,	+18k
Prayer		+1.2k,	+1.5k
Magic		+1.1k,	+10k
Cooking		+0,	+4.7k
Woodcutting	+0,	+8.1k
Fletching	+0,	+17k
Fishing	+0,	+12k
Firemaking	+0,	+2.5k
Crafting	+0,	+6.8k
Smithing	+0,	+15k
Mining		+1.4k,	+5.9k
Herblore	+58,	+29k
Agility		+6,	+13k
Thieving	+0,	+2.7k
Slayer		+37k,	+8.7k
Farming		+0,	+9.2k
Runecraft	+830,	+14k
Hunter		+0,	+62k
Construction	+423,	+12k
Summoning	+0,	+12k
Dungeoneering	+4.9k,	+1.3k

[/hide]

And ewww! I don't like the new alog! >.<

Edited by ForsakenMage
I broke the code. :$

Usually I am not usually one to complain, but I don't like this new website one bit. Oh well, I am sure I will get used to it... eventually...

The only major issue I am having is in Chrome, the very bottom of my game screen is cut off so I only see half of the the new icons and buttons under the chat box, which is a bit annoying. And if Firefox, re-sizable mode only stays one small size and doesn't scale to fit my whole browser window.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

You can no longer resize the Runescape window any smaller than its default in resizeable using either SwiftKit or the RS client. This is incredibly annoying.

Efficient skilling just got quite a bit harder (any skill where you click, drop, click, drop, like mining, fishing, woodcutting, etc.) especially if you want to watch a movie/TV show at the same time.

wish they'd just leave well enough alone and stop [bleep]ing shit up royally and dramatically for no reason

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

I have only looked briefly at the website update, looks like something I'll get used to quickly. Feels rather strange at first.

Cannot believe that I have jumped so many levels in the high scores, gained over 3k places in thieving and now in the top 800, I didn't think I did that much thieving! :blink:

I'll have a proper look at the update tonight, I have to say I like the other updates to prevent gold farming etc, cleverly thought out.

35cq0q9.png

New website is gross. Looks like any other generic game website.

Seems like every re-design they've done has been worse than the previous one. I want the old rsc website back :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

From "Thanksgiving & Website Update"

RSOF [qfc]15-16-948-63393838[/qfc] @ Page 56

I posted my warning before this happened. Since you have now put me in a similar position to another MMORPG where I had to log in (Instead of just checking HighScores) to keep my account secure, I'm now perma-quitting RuneScape. Don't even think I'm gonna spend time loading the lame, latest RS Java applet this time either. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "You blew it, Jagex, so I'm gone forever. R.I.P., RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21." Devnull

...and it looks like a good thing I didn't even try to load RuneScape. Seeing those screenshots. Damned Jagex... blasted idiots they are! :wall:

There is no way that I'm ever going back near RuneScape. They've now put me in a similar situation to "Dead Frontier", and I'm NOT doing that ever again. You'll see me around on Tip.It Forums, but that's it. Now, pardon me while I go spend the next few days cleaning up my Tip.It Forums profile. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull

(p.s.: BTW, they've hurt all legitimate New F2P Accounts. Not everyone has the damn $5+ to spend, due to the blasted economy! I'll definitely be telling people to not go near RuneScape because of that as well.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I absolutely hate the new website. I know it can be subjective, but it lags, it's a pain in the butt to navigate, and it looks like crap.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

From "Thanksgiving & Website Update"

RSOF [qfc]15-16-948-63393838[/qfc] @ Page 56

I posted my warning before this happened. Since you have now put me in a similar position to another MMORPG where I had to log in (Instead of just checking HighScores) to keep my account secure, I'm now perma-quitting RuneScape. Don't even think I'm gonna spend time loading the lame, latest RS Java applet this time either. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "You blew it, Jagex, so I'm gone forever. R.I.P., RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21." Devnull

...and it looks like a good thing I didn't even try to load RuneScape. Seeing those screenshots. Damned Jagex... blasted idiots they are! :wall:

There is no way that I'm ever going back near RuneScape. They've now put me in a similar situation to "Dead Frontier", and I'm NOT doing that ever again. You'll see me around on Tip.It Forums, but that's it. Now, pardon me while I go spend the next few days cleaning up my Tip.It Forums profile. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull

(p.s.: BTW, they've hurt all legitimate New F2P Accounts. Not everyone has the damn $5+ to spend, due to the blasted economy! I'll definitely be telling people to not go near RuneScape because of that as well.)

Bye

35cq0q9.png

p.s.: BTW, they've hurt all legitimate New F2P Accounts. Not everyone has the damn $5+ to spend, due to the blasted economy! I'll definitely be telling people to not go near RuneScape because of that as well.

Might want to read the trade restriction thing carefully again.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.