22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

You must be new here or just ignorant. Where did you get the infromation that F2Pers are not gratefull with what we have? Do you want me to send Jagex a thank you letter with some flowers? Get your facts right! I know and this is a fact, that most serious pure F2Pers are extremely gratefull to Jagex.

Jagex should know that I am always gratefull to them and whatever criticism I express against them has a reason. If it's downright hate or just flaming I still have a reason. Jagex aren't gods that can't do wrongs or be criticised and I will not kiss their ass.

This. :thumbup:

I'm sure most of the F2P community would agree.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Am I the only one here opposed to the trade restrictions? I think it was very poorly thought out. As I see it, the implementation of this will have absolutely no effect on either mule accounts or gold sellers real-world trading with their mains -- the main source of transactions surrounding ill-gotten gold.

First problem, is that it's very easy to remove these restrictions, and it's a permanent removal at that too. Gold sellers handle real money very often. Who in their right mind would think a RWTer would be stopped simply by the requirement to purchase membership? They do it all the time to keep their business running!

Secondly, the trade restriction only affects outgoing transactions originating from the affected account, not incoming transactions. Many RWTers use mules, whose only use is to store excess gold/items acquired from the main account. Existing gold sellers will be able to transfer excess without any impediment. Whenever they're running out of gold to sell on their main account, they'll just take some from their reserves.

Oh, but don't worry! At least we stopped RWT where it most matters -- the new accounts! :rolleyes:

I'm all for trade restrictions, as long as they're imposed on the appropriate population, and implemented correctly. Now, if you've noticed, this update affects outgoing transactions, implying that Jagex's curbing RWT on the supply side -- the people who sell the gold, hence outgoing.

...what new account has the kind of gold to sell for large profit, besides a mule?

As they handle real money frequently, they'll have enough of it to buy membership and be rid of the restrictions anyway. What's an extra $8.00 to someone who wants to purchase (or sell) $50.00 worth of gold? On top of their shiny new gold, guess what, no more trade restrictions! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, this update targeted the wrong population, and incorrectly at that. Jagex at least could've implemented it to affect incoming transactions -- you know, the way customers actually get the gold. Fail update is fail.

Well some people on this site are opposed to everything Jagex does, so no you're probably not the only one against it. And no, "burn in hell Jagex you greedy corporate shills" isn't "feedback".

The new restrictions cut into the profit margin of RWT companies by making them buy a new membership every time they get banned. Once the old F2P RWT accounts get cleared out, the new restricted ones will be all that remains. If the RWT company doesn't stop, then they're paying for an obscene amount of memberships. Oh no!

Not really sure where you're going with this. Let's say the main gold seller puts some cash on a F2P mule. Awesome. Now he wants to get the reserves back from the mule. He can't, because F2P cannot give more than 25k anymore. Then they can trade it to another F2P account which will also be unable to get rid of more than 25k at a time. Or they can buy membership, but more likely they will go find a free game with fewer barriers to RWT. It's just good business sense. Jagex is making it a hassle for RWT groups so eventually they will go mess with someone else's game.

Why isn't stopping RWT on new accounts important? If an existing RWT account gets banned, they make a new one. Those new accounts will now have the trading restrictions. This cuts down on the ability of RWT companies to just come right back. Sure they can pay membership but if they're a major group they'll probably have several accounts working. I don't think Jagex would be entirely upset with several people paying $6 a month to go get banned.

What's an extra $8 to someone who deals in real money? That's $8 out of their profits when there's plenty of other free games they could RWT with. If this succeeds, Jagex just knocked themselves out of the competition. If for some reason RWT companies would rather take a hit to their profits to keep dealing with Runescape, then Jagex gets money from them.

The effects won't be there at first but once more RWT accounts get banned, RWTers will turn to new accounts and be unable to give the gold to the buyers without paying for a membership.

Personally I don't enjoy playing Runescape anymore and it's not because of Jagex, it's because of the community. It got a major kick to the face with the introduction of the Grand Exchange and once most of my friends moved on to other games I was pretty much by myself in a game where the community alternates between 10 year old pures and 19 year old metagame devotees. If half the people I started playing this game with were still here, I would probably be there too. Others don't like to accept the reality that they've moved on from the game. I could make thread after thread complaining about the Grand Exchange but I don't. That's the state of the game. I don't like it, I take my business elsewhere. But that's an inconceivable thought to some people. They're the ones who would rather stage an Occupy McDonalds protest rather than go to Burger King. It's a simple reality that regardless of how many guides you wrote or your total level that you are one customer to Jagex; no more important to them than the level 32 who just got members so he can play Pest Control. You don't get to determine the direction of the game regardless of how important you are on a fansite. The updates you rant and rave about saying that Jagex has ruined the game because they're corrupt NWO shills? Most people won't care.

An example I like to use is the free trade removal. That outraged everyone in Runescape because it decreased the quality of play across all levels and shot two of the biggest groups (PKers and merchanters) in the foot. On this site the criticism was better worded and there were even some who thought it was a good idea, but it was still there. Now let's look at other updates. The F2P hiscores removal affects a small amount of people. It will mess with the obsessive pure F2P types and the occasional PKer, but the wide majority of this game will just keep going. This new forum? I saw some guy say he was quiting over text. Most of the players probably don't even use the forums. I know I didn't once the GE came out. This is a site for some of the bigger Runescape fans and as such every update, whether it be a high level quest with a mediocre ending or another interface change, will draw huge amounts of criticism because almost everyone can access that content. A level 76 won't care about what glitch happened in Ritual of the Mahjarrat but you'll see here that it shows Jagex no longer checks the quality of their game, and also plays rugby using African orphans and kittens as the ball.

Runescape is on the decline, and it's not because you don't like it anymore. What alternatives were there to Runescape back in the early 2000s? It was pretty much this, WoW, and a whole bunch of different games on a lower level. With the advent of League of Legends and other better free online games, Runescape's player base will gradually decrease. It's just not as attractive of a game as it was before.

Oddment1.png

I'm having issues with RSOF, whenever I click on a specific subforum it just shows "Page error 404 - not found" or something such as that.

Anybody know how I'll be able to fix this?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Am I the only one here opposed to the trade restrictions? I think it was very poorly thought out. As I see it, the implementation of this will have absolutely no effect on either mule accounts or gold sellers real-world trading with their mains -- the main source of this.

First problem, is that it's very easy to remove these restrictions, and it's a permanent removal at that too. Gold sellers handle real money very often. Who in their right mind would think a RWTer would be stopped simply by the requirement to purchase membership? They do it all the time to keep their business running!

Secondly, the trade restriction only affects outgoing transactions originating from the affected account, not incoming transactions. Many RWTers use mules, whose only use is to store excess gold/items acquired from the main account. Existing gold sellers will be able to transfer excess without any impediment. Whenever they're running out of gold to sell on their main account, they'll just take some from their reserves.

Oh, but don't worry! At least we stopped RWT where it most matters -- the new accounts! :rolleyes:

I'm all for trade restrictions, as long as they're imposed on the appropriate population, and implemented correctly. New accounts are the least likely to pay for gold -- by the fact they just started the game. They'll likely play legitimately unless pushed enough to play otherwise thanks to the intolerable grind. By the time they feel compelled to RWT, they'll have enough real money to buy membership and be rid of the restrictions anyway. What's an extra $8.00 to someone who wants to purchase $50.00 worth of gold? On top of their shiny new gold, guess what, no more trade restrictions! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, this update targeted the wrong population, and incorrectly at that. Jagex at least could've implemented it to affect incoming transactions -- you know, the way customers actually get the gold. Fail update is fail.

I think the point is that Jagex have suggested they have got rid of gold sellers main and mule accounts, therefore they will have to start again and will be unable to farm gold with the new ones because of the restrictions, if thats the case that is a moot point.

Most people have seen this as a positive update for that reason.

In fact, I have doubts that Jagex wishes to achieve anything substantial from this update. I think they have ulterior motives, although I can't exactly say what those motives are. Most suspicious is that they require you to purchase membership to permanently remove the restrictions.

Fair enough, except it doesn't affect the trade flow of gold at all. This update only affects outgoing transactions from new accounts. The vast majority of supply-side RWT is performed by already existing main accounts, who aren't affected by this update. New players can still happily purchase gold, and RWTers can still sell it. If this has little to no effect on the trade flow between these people, then this is just a pointless update.

This brings me to my second point. The last two updates were very determined at breaking illegitimate game-play. This update looks like a ham-fisted attempt at curbing the major sources of RWT. And given the fact the last two updates were for the most part, successful in breaking illegitimate game-play, why is it that this one is such a flop? I want to draw attention to one thing: the payment required to remove restrictions. Why is payment even required?

If Jagex were truly serious in their attempt, they shouldn't have allowed any exception. Also, why are the restrictions permanently removed upon payment? Why does it only affect outgoing transactions and not both, like the last trade limit? Why has Jagex returned to trade limits after admitting they don't work?

What's Jagex expecting from this update? To curb future players who might sell gold? Excuse me, future players are the threat? I thought we were focused on the present! This is honestly what the update sounds like to me (even though that may not be the point). It only affects new players and outgoing transactions -- in other words, rich new players looking to sell gold, who apparently aren't rich enough to buy membership to remove the limits. You see a problem there?

In my opinion, I think this only legitimizes real world trading. Jagex's giving all new players a pass once they buy membership. No trade limit in members means they're free to buy and sell gold as they like. It's not so much a barrier to entry (which they should be focusing on) for cheating as opposed to a one-time tax on cheating. If they were sincere about their intentions behind this update, it wasn't done well, in my view.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

*shrug* So DV can defend his own actions better than I can. As for lumping me in - whether you want to or not doesn't really bother me, I just wish that I could give feedback in a way that didn't label me as either a Jagex apologist or anti-Jagex.

I didn't lump anyone, that was jrhairy. You could give feedback in a different way that would be less likely to lead people to label you, you just don't want to, apparently. Took me about 15 seconds to find a quote of you calling Jagex "eye-gougingly stupid" or whatever it was. Still, that's fairly restrained compared to most of the others he mentioned.

I'm merely defending myself here. In debates, I like to hear both sides of the table, and not immediately say, "Let's cordone people off that don't agree with such-and-such view to this side of the Internet!" I just felt like I was personally attacked there, that's all. Don't read too deep into it, I'm really not looking for a fight here.

hearing both sides of the debate is one thing; moving the people saying they hope Jagex burns in hell--or that Runescape dies quickly-- to the rants forum where they clearly belong, isn't really losing any side of anything one might reasonably term a debate.

I'd find it much easier to sympathize with you saying you were personally attacked, if you hadn't been using much harsher language than any directed towards you, towards Jagex and it's developers. I think you might want to consider that dichotomy, and rethink why you're still posting so often here despite apparently having quit playing RS some time ago?

I hate the new Adventurer's log. The old one showed me everything I wanted to know in a nice easy format. This one has stuff all over the place with a lot of clicking involved. I don't think I'll be bothering to check my a-log anymore.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Am I the only one here opposed to the trade restrictions? I think it was very poorly thought out. As I see it, the implementation of this will have absolutely no effect on either mule accounts or gold sellers real-world trading with their mains -- the main source of this.

I'm all for trade restrictions, as long as they're imposed on the appropriate population, and implemented correctly. New accounts are the least likely to pay for gold -- by the fact they just started the game. They'll likely play legitimately unless pushed enough to play otherwise thanks to the intolerable grind. By the time they feel compelled to RWT, they'll have enough real money to buy membership and be rid of the restrictions anyway. What's an extra $8.00 to someone who wants to purchase $50.00 worth of gold? On top of their shiny new gold, guess what, no more trade restrictions! :rolleyes:

I think the point is that Jagex have suggested they have got rid of gold sellers main and mule accounts, therefore they will have to start again and will be unable to farm gold with the new ones because of the restrictions, if thats the case that is a moot point.

In fact, I have doubts that Jagex wishes to achieve anything substantial from this update. I think they have ulterior motives, although I can't exactly say what those motives are. Most suspicious is that they require you to purchase membership to permanently remove the restrictions.

Fair enough, except it doesn't affect the trade flow of gold at all. This update only affects outgoing transactions from new accounts. The vast majority of supply-side RWT is performed by already existing main accounts, who aren't affected by this update. New players can still happily purchase gold, and RWTers can still sell it. If this has little to no effect on the trade flow between these people, then this is just a pointless update.

This brings me to my second point. The last two updates were very determined at breaking illegitimate game-play. This update looks like a ham-fisted attempt at curbing the major sources of RWT. And given the fact the last two updates were for the most part, successful in breaking illegitimate game-play, why is it that this one is such a flop? I want to draw attention to one thing: the payment required to remove restrictions. Why is payment even required?

If Jagex were truly serious in their attempt, they shouldn't have allowed any exception. Also, why are the restrictions permanently removed upon payment? Why does it only affect outgoing transactions and not both, like the last trade limit? Why has Jagex returned to trade limits after admitting they don't work?

What's Jagex expecting from this update? To curb future players who might sell gold? Excuse me, future players are the threat? I thought we were focused on the present! This is honestly what the update sounds like to me (even though that may not be the point). It only affects new players and outgoing transactions -- in other words, rich new players looking to sell gold, who apparently aren't rich enough to buy membership to remove the limits. You see a problem there?

In my opinion, I think this only legitimizes real world trading. Jagex's giving all new players a pass once they buy membership. No trade limit in members means they're free to buy and sell gold as they like. It's not so much a barrier to entry (which they should be focusing on) for cheating as opposed to a one-time tax on cheating. If they were sincere about their intentions behind this update, it wasn't done well, in my view.

Ulterior motives? They're probably corrupt NWO shills raining down death on average citizens. Occupy Jamflax! But seriously? If you see an ulterior motive to everything Jagex does, then you'll be able to rationalize it too. This is a case of your opinion providing the evidence, not the evidence shaping your opinion.

Why don't you see that this decreases the attractiveness of Runescape as a venue for RWT? Sure you pay membership and then the restrictions are gone, but you can also pay nothing and go sell currency in another game. It comes down to a really simple business decision.

If Jagex didn't allow any exception? They tried that, people quit the game. They allow transactions to go to new F2P accounts because otherwise it would be the downfall of gift giving and of course people setting up their pures. You can buy gold and get it on a new F2P account but how many people do you think will actually do that? Most of the people buying gold are probably 13 year olds leveled in the mid-70s and want to buy the super cool Barrows armor, or whatever. You think they'll start a new account, or do you think they'll say "Screw it" and go play a less inconvenient game?

Yes, future players are the threat. Have you forgotten about a recent update that introduces a new theoretical system known as "banning"? It's quite an interesting dohickey, I hope that the Y2K bug doesn't wipe it out. Once the current RWTers are banned, they'll create new accounts. In go the restrictions.

Again, you don't seem to be aware that Jagex bans people for RWT. They aren't "free to buy and sell gold". It's just as against the rules as it ever was.

Oddment1.png

You must be new here or just ignorant. Where did you get the infromation that F2Pers are not gratefull with what we have? Do you want me to send Jagex a thank you letter with some flowers? Get your facts right! I know and this is a fact, that most serious pure F2Pers are extremely gratefull to Jagex.

Jagex should know that I am always gratefull to them and whatever criticism I express against them has a reason. If it's downright hate or just flaming I still have a reason. Jagex aren't gods that can't do wrongs or be criticised and I will not kiss their ass.

This. :thumbup:

I'm sure most of the F2P community would agree.

That's good to hear from both of you :thumbsup:

I have no problem with constructive criticism as I have said previously, as you stated Jagex aren't gods and they do make mistakes. What I do have a problem with is unreasonable and inciteful comments and blind hatred (including flaming) disrupting debate.

35cq0q9.png

The high score thing with f2p and bots is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. I believe that comparison is very apt.

The website itself is also horrid. Difficult to navigate, overly flashy, slow, laggy, too large, etc.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I don't understand what this update was for. It didn't add anything but tooltips, which are nice, but otherwise not really worth an update by themselves...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Absolutely hate the new A-Log. The in-game photobooths (Falador and Daemonheim) are now useless, apparently, and it no longer tells me how many hours I've played. The A-Log updates themselves have been shortened so that only your last few are shown. Bullshit. There's no point in looking at the A-Log now. The Hiscores are exactly the same but easier to read.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

One interesting tidbit about the website updates: they revealed the URLs of the fonts they are using in one of their stylesheets. You can now download those fonts and make fake screenshots of forum posts to your hearts content.

The glyphs are mostly limited to the Basic Latin block of characters.

ref: http://www.runescape.com/css/fonts-50.css

See? There still is something good to be had from Jagex for free. ;-)

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Absolutely hate the new A-Log. The in-game photobooths (Falador and Daemonheim) are now useless, apparently, and it no longer tells me how many hours I've played. The A-Log updates themselves have been shortened so that only your last few are shown. Bullshit. There's no point in looking at the A-Log now. The Hiscores are exactly the same but easier to read.

We still have the RSS feed: feed://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/rssfeed?searchName=Obtaurian

At least that solves one problem.

They made the whole website less user-friendly, it just makes no sense to delete great features just to replace them with artwork and great graphics/layout. But we all know jagex, this isn't going to change.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Also doesn't specify into what the four items were, IE before:

Levelled up Dg

I achieved level 120 in the dg skill

now it's just

levelled up dg

So much lost functionality throughout the website.

Oh,

[hide]

and

the

highscores[/hide]

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Ulterior motives? They're probably corrupt NWO shills raining down death on average citizens. Occupy Jamflax! But seriously? If you see an ulterior motive to everything Jagex does, then you'll be able to rationalize it too. This is a case of your opinion providing the evidence, not the evidence shaping your opinion.

If Jagex didn't allow any exception? They tried that, people quit the game. They allow transactions to go to new F2P accounts because otherwise it would be the downfall of gift giving and of course people setting up their pures. You can buy gold and get it on a new F2P account but how many people do you think will actually do that? Most of the people buying gold are probably 13 year olds leveled in the mid-70s and want to buy the super cool Barrows armor, or whatever. You think they'll start a new account, or do you think they'll say "Screw it" and go play a less inconvenient game?

Yes, future players are the threat. Have you forgotten about a recent update that introduces a new theoretical system known as "banning"? It's quite an interesting dohickey, I hope that the Y2K bug doesn't wipe it out. Once the current RWTers are banned, they'll create new accounts. In go the restrictions.

Again, you don't seem to be aware that Jagex bans people for RWT. They aren't "free to buy and sell gold". It's just as against the rules as it ever was.

I didn't say I was absolutely sure Jagex had ulterior motives. Rather, what I meant was that the way Jagex went about tackling this problem makes it seem, to me at least, that they may have ulterior motives. Even if they did have an ulterior motive, it's not obvious. I'm not going to claim it's profit-related, if they do have one. Virtually everything they do is profit-related. So I can't speculate on that part. At the very least, it suggests Jagex is incompetent. Of all the action they decided to take, it was against new accounts who have no gold to trade, yet have trade limits imposed on them! How does that make sense?

It only makes sense if you focus more on the gift-giving aspect rather than the prevention of RWT. That Jagex wished to pacify their player-base by tip-toeing around their precious feelings this way, and leave the gift-giving alone while gamely slapping the gold-seller on the wrist is pathetic. :rolleyes: This is why I said Jagex couldn't have been serious in this particular effort. It does nothing, and you should know that.

It'd be more effective if they imposed these restrictions on players most likely to possess large amounts of gold -- high levels and so forth. If they wanted to stop mule accounts, simply impose restrictions on all new accounts for incoming transactions, not outgoing. If they wanted to cut into companies' profits, they could increase the price of membership substantially, and they could make it harder to generate cash in the game. This hasn't happened considering RWT is still thriving even after the bot-nuke. But why would Jagex do that, right? It cuts into their own profits -- players either start quitting more frequently, or are even more compelled to buy gold to ease the grind.

And what you've seemed to have missed is that the restrictions are only there for as long as the person doesn't pay. $8.00 for permanent removal of trade limit, and a $1000 profit from selling gold is a good return on investment, no? Also, many, if not most gold-sellers, are P2P. They pay membership anyway, as it yields higher profit margins. How does this tactic cut into their profits again? :unsure:

Why don't you see that this decreases the attractiveness of Runescape as a venue for RWT? Sure you pay membership and then the restrictions are gone, but you can also pay nothing and go sell currency in another game. It comes down to a really simple business decision.

You think RWT companies don't have membership costs included in their expenditures already? Do you remember the stolen credit cards gold-farmers were using?

The companies already pay for membership (however possible) so they can generate more gold to satisfy demand. It's better to be efficient and buy membership, make a few million an hour, and then sell that gold, than to remain F2P and struggle for dozens of hours trying to earn the same amount to sell, right? No, I don't think this update will cut into their profits at all. They've been doing this exact thing since inception: buying membership, farming gold, then selling for larger profit. It's how they've been so successful. Efficiency is key to success in business. P2P provides efficient ways to generate gold to sell. F2P, not so much.

Again, if Jagex really wants to cut into their profits, they could try raising membership costs. But the way they implemented this tactic -- if that's their goal -- will not achieve this effect. Think about it. In 2007, gold traders got banned pretty frequently, no? Yet they were still populous in member's worlds. Banning them did not have an effect on how well they could afford membership. Keep in mind they were also using stolen credit cards. They bought membership on someone else's dime. Have they stopped doing that now? If not, how can you claim it cuts into their profits, knowing they don't lose cash from it?

Bottom line, RWT companies budget for these sorts of expenses. A requirement to buy membership to bypass trade restrictions won't affect them, because paying for membership is integral to their success as a business anyway. Hence why this update is useless. The effect you stated it will have has already been diluted by this trade's very essence. In fact, it makes the business more successful! Access to P2P resources means higher profit margins for the gold-sellers. It's not a deterrent -- it's another reason to get into the business.

Oh, and I'm aware that RWT is against the rules. What I meant by free is that while it may technically be against the rules, and Jagex says they're taking action against it, their actions prove the opposite -- no effective action has been taken, as my explanation has demonstrated. Further, players are free to real world trade, for we all have free will. A deterrent however, is the consequence of doing so. But then, where are the consequences? If there are no consequences, no one will feel deterred. I'll grant you that perm banning of offenders is a consequence.

However, is this update yet another reason to avoid cheating? No, because no consequences come directly from it. The threat of banning is that deterrent -- not these particular trade limits.

No consequences, no effectiveness, not a useful update. Case closed.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Also, the new site absolutely fails to work correctly on the ipad...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Also, the new site absolutely fails to work correctly on the ipad...

? It works here, but there are a lot of graphic errors in there.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I can sum up this update in one word. ASSNINE.

The last time they updated the website they promoted utility, convienence, and easy reading.

Today, they just took all that back and replaced it with stupid flickering cartoon crap thats all dimly lit like HD.

The fun part of this update is that if you go to a different computer you get to see different pictures.

For instance, at work I can see a little pie chart for my quests completed in the alog but no big cartoon guy in the background.

At home, I can now see the big cartoon guy in the background and no pie chart.

I don't see any "?" for broken images either...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Fyi there are many people that flip rs gold. They buy it on a fresh f2p mule (using vpn, proxies etc), then sell the same gold to someone else for a slightly higher price and never use that account anymore. Requiring them to get p2p makes a dent in their profit. And of course, it's pretty pointless to bot resources in f2p now.