22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

I've decided that I'm not a fan of the website changes :( I was a little put off when I saw the teaser screenshot but I tried to reserve judgement until I saw the whole thing.. now I've really decided I don't like it. The design does feel very cartoony and "younger" than the previous layout. It feels a lot bulkier. There was something about the other design that made it feel cleaner and a bit more simple, and I liked that. Idk if it's just me but it this newer site feels more difficult to navigate through (for example, having to navigate through like 4 things to get to the Players' Gallery) and seems slower in general.

Because nothing says “class” like a goblin drinking a martini. :rolleyes: I really don’t care for the new artistic style, but I guess it gives the interns something relatively harmless to do.

Imbedded video on the Membership page will certainly send the message to the narrowband players that they are no longer welcome.

The high scores cluster[bleep] has already been discussed to death.

The client load hangs at 98% (8), so I can’t yet comment on the in-game experience.

Meh. It all just reinforces the decision I made 10 months ago. They are no longer marketing a product that I can be interested in.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

My main issue is the text itself. It's horrible.

Also, does anyone see the "everywhere" meme thing with their. R.A.F promotion thing?

2cpba6v.jpg

Actually, it immediately reminded me of this:

preview.jpg

This is just perfect for the new jagex - the North Korea of game companies.

New site honestly sucks...functionally less useful than older ones...and way to destroy fansites...

Again, f2p hiscores only gets "in other news" status. What a load shit. Too bad their reasoning to remove the hiscoreswill not get them more membership, but only death of f2p and no more new players.

As far as trade limit, this honestly should have never been removed in the 1st place. Bringing back free trade and wild is what started all of the botting woes and soo many bots in hiscores in the first place.

Jagex got bailed out, players got sold out. #occupyrunescape

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

My rank is now above 100k, kinda happy. The new website looks nice, but it will take time to get used to.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

#occupyrunescape

I know this is a joke but wouldnt #boycottrunescape be more effective?

I really think #occupyvarrock sounds better.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

...I mean, every time I look at the site I'm reminded of WoW. Even the forums. Not to mention, it's officially too bulky to look at on a lightweight mobile device. Why not try to do something unique instead of overplayed?!

There's not a lot that can be said about F2P and its removal of high scores anymore (I suppose I was a bit crestfallen to see that my own stats were gone, too). I'm not sure how the Wiki is going to pan out either, but I can bet that the RuneScape Wiki folks (outside of RS) are going to be livid.

There are two good things that I see with this update, though -

- I really don't see anything about it being the world's most popular free MMORPG! I get to keep my consolation prize!

- At any given time we can have an approximate estimate of membership for any month, with a variance of 14 days. So, with about 556,676 accounts as paying members, that's a cool $3.31M being taken in this month (estimate).

Wait, only 556K members? Wasn't it a few years ago that estimates put their membership totals at 1.5-2 million?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

p.s.: BTW, they've hurt all legitimate New F2P Accounts. Not everyone has the damn $5+ to spend, due to the blasted economy! I'll definitely be telling people to not go near RuneScape because of that as well.

Might want to read the trade restriction thing carefully again.

I did read it carefully. Any "New F2P Account" that can't ever go P2P for any reason can only go unbalanced up to 25K/day. This means that if the player who has control of that kind of account ever wants to give out more, even as a gift to someone, they're hosed. There should have been an alternate way to unlock unlimited unbalanced trade, such as "Skill Level Total of 1K+", and it just ain't there. :ugeek:

F2P, between this and HighScores, will now die. Burn in hell, Jagex & RuneScape, because they blew it for the last time, as far as I'm concerned. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Read MY post properly next time!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Guest jrhairychest

I really can't believe that they actually went through with getting rid of f2p highscores. AND the new website and highscores just seem like a big hassle and waste of space. I like seeing my updates and not crummy troll face or victories and happy kid s**t on everything everywhere on the website.

EDIT:

Wow i hate this update more and more the interfaces are stupid and pointless. Doesn't go with the game and lot more. The forums and website overal are just a horrible change. The lagg and everything else makes them such a hassle not to mention the adventurer's log is completely ruined. WHY SHORTEN IT!? i dnt need stupid graphics give me my info ..

Why do you care? I thought you were quitting if they implemented the high score removals. Won't matter to you now eh?

- I really don't see anything about it being the world's most popular free MMORPG! I get to keep my consolation prize!

Uhm... Makoto... Check the page title bar... No such luck there. :wall:

~D. V. "Ugh... -.- ..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I gained around 150 ranks in magic and range and about 500K ranks in attack and strength. The latter made me lol a bit.

Anyway, the one "good" thing about this update is we can kind of approximate the number of paid subscriptions. I looked at strength and there are about 529K players ranked for it. Even if you assumed there are an extra 71K paid subscriptions from people not ranked for strength, that means that there are approximately 600K paid subscriptions per month. I could have sworn Jagex said there were 1M paid subscriptions a few months ago? Has Runescape lost 400K+ subscriptions?

You people act like Jagex screws up without thinking. That they just blunder their way through it. I don't think people are giving Jagex their credit due. It takes a lot of hard work to screw things up this badly. You have to have meetings, committees, memos, phonecalls. Then you gotta direct exactly how bad you want the website to be to the appropriate team, then overview it and see it's still useable to some people, send back notes and have them worked out.

All in all it's very hard work. :thumbup:

And I love how in the old thread people were telling me they have more members than ever and they are making tons of cash.

Also remember, that with the grace period, that is the max amount of members they have. Some of them will be people with expired memberships. Probably about equal to the members not ranked.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Uhm... Makoto... Check the page title bar... No such luck there. :wall:

~D. V. "Ugh... -.- ..." Devnull

Dammit. I can't have one really positive thing from this, can I...

Then again it's just not displayed on the main site, so I'll take the better of two evils.

*sigh*

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I gained around 150 ranks in magic and range and about 500K ranks in attack and strength. The latter made me lol a bit.

Anyway, the one "good" thing about this update is we can kind of approximate the number of paid subscriptions. I looked at strength and there are about 529K players ranked for it. Even if you assumed there are an extra 71K paid subscriptions from people not ranked for strength, that means that there are approximately 600K paid subscriptions per month. I could have sworn Jagex said there were 1M paid subscriptions a few months ago? Has Runescape lost 400K+ subscriptions?

Possible. Also, the one and only, the giant, World of Warcraft lost 2 million subs in a year.

I'm still trying to work out how I've lost around 30 ranks in Slayer - I've been hovering around 322 for quite a while now, don't seem to be able to break the 300 mark. I'm now ranked at 354!!

I would have thought a few of the ranks above me would have been 'culled' under the new regime - how wrong I was......

the_lad_1.png

Silly ideas presented in an even more childish manner than usual. Oh, the follies of Jagex, how they make me laugh.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

There is no way that I'm ever going back near RuneScape. They've now put me in a similar situation to "Dead Frontier", and I'm NOT doing that ever again. You'll see me around on Tip.It Forums, but that's it. Now, pardon me while I go spend the next few days cleaning up my Tip.It Forums profile. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull

Can't you just quit the forums too instead of sticking around and being a negative nancy? You act like the 10 seconds extra to log in rather then looking at the high scores is outragous. You act like you ragequitting runescape is a huge threat to Jagex. In you're quitting post on there you sound like a spoiled brat. 'I warned you this would happen'? Please. In this economy? Who can't come up with $5, I can't think of a single issue. Its such a small amount of money. How much money do you spend on fast food in a month? Id rather the limit then gold farmers continue and I support this 110%. Oh and btw, I'm sure you'll be back playing in a few weeks or atleast logging on to 'catch up'. Hey, Atleast you can still pretend that you aren't playing now right? :)

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Hate the fact now we can't judge our lost or gained ranks by either gaining experience, wheras if someone's membership has ended/started now plays a major factor. Overall I think the website was fine the way it is, it's too overcrowded with information and sub-links. I'll still be using Rune Wikia over the official Wiki, though.

There is no way that I'm ever going back near RuneScape. They've now put me in a similar situation to "Dead Frontier", and I'm NOT doing that ever again. You'll see me around on Tip.It Forums, but that's it. Now, pardon me while I go spend the next few days cleaning up my Tip.It Forums profile. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull

Can't you just quit the forums too instead of sticking around and being a negative nancy? In this economy? Who can't come up with $5, I can't think of a single issue. Its such a small amount of money. How much money do you spend on fast food in a month? Id rather the limit then gold farmers continue and I support this 110%. Oh and btw, I'm sure you'll be back playing in a few weeks or atleast logging on to 'catch up'. Hey, Atleast you can still pretend that you aren't playing now right? :)

I'd rather a Negative Nancy than a Bootlicking Billy. <_<

I'd rather a Negative Nancy than a Bootlicking Billy. <_<

I mean really today I'm sure the majority of players woke up and looked at the high scores and thought to themselves 'Oh cool' at the thought of their new places. As of now I'm sure theres lots of players currently playing runescape. As of tomorrow, they'll probally be a new player to replace you and wouldn't complain about the high scores or the trade cap. He'll adjust just fine. Life goes on and it makes no difference like the player I quoted left or not. The lot of you keep going on about better and bigger games but you're still here aren't ya?

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

I really can't believe that they actually went through with getting rid of f2p highscores. AND the new website and highscores just seem like a big hassle and waste of space. I like seeing my updates and not crummy troll face or victories and happy kid s**t on everything everywhere on the website.

EDIT:

Wow i hate this update more and more the interfaces are stupid and pointless. Doesn't go with the game and lot more. The forums and website overal are just a horrible change. The lagg and everything else makes them such a hassle not to mention the adventurer's log is completely ruined. WHY SHORTEN IT!? i dnt need stupid graphics give me my info ..

Why do you care? I thought you were quitting if they implemented the high score removals. Won't matter to you now eh?

Yes i am quiting but i do care about how the people who still play will be penialized for literally everything unless they pay. I refuse to pay and play a game that went from such a great game to a load of trash so quickly and care almost nothing about the community.

This game is becoming more and more like the United States. People care about the changes happening but have no guts to say or do anything about it. Saying you believe in the occupy wallstreet and actually going there and protesting are two completely different things, just like denying jagex their not earned money is different from just sitting here and posting that you dnt like this stuff. You can trash talk me as much as you would like to, just as Devnull put it this is the last straw in many screwups on jagex's record and I cannot continue to pay for their failure.

I do believe that everyone should not pay fro this game the way it is. I have been here in this game since '05 and alot has changes, some for good, others for bad but in the past year and a half this game has truly gone to hell. I came back maybe 8 months from a break and this game really is different than what it used to be. Member points, and Friend bonuses and all this marketing crap, the change of their website really was the last bit for me and it took away the last reminants of the old scape I used to enjoy when i first started to the stealallthemoneywhileyoucan-scape.

I always wondered why I still played after all my other RL friends quitted this, and now i know why. And that is why I am quitting. I did not make an empty threat on this game. Removing the f2p highscores was exactly that, the last straw.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Honestly, the RS toolbar is now 10X as functional as the RS website imo.

Also, the [harpie]? We can't just go to someones A-Log to see all their stats?

Navigating the website feels more polished, but they need better fonts, and the homepage looks to childish imo. And I must have missed the announcement when Jagex decided that F2P is just a demo.

Oh well. I stopped using the actual website a long time ago o.O

Curious about the wiki, since there's a good chance I'll have to use it for information at some point.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

EDIT:

Yes i am quiting but i do care about how the people who still play will be penialized for literally everything unless they pay. I refuse to pay and play a game that went from such a great game to a load of trash so quickly and care almost nothing about the community.

I find your post + your forum name to be quite ironic.

Sylpheed.png