22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

Not really a fan of this change. The new front page hiscores pretty much everything is pretty bulky, plus trying to read the font is a pain. I realize it look nice and fancy, but it's not practical. They might as well use Papyrus for god's sake.

Also, Rune$cape.

a70c7.png

There is no way that I'm ever going back near RuneScape. They've now put me in a similar situation to "Dead Frontier", and I'm NOT doing that ever again. You'll see me around on Tip.It Forums, but that's it. Now, pardon me while I go spend the next few days cleaning up my Tip.It Forums profile. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "That's it; Jagex blew it; R.I.P. RuneScape & Jagex, 2011-11-21; May they burn in hell." Devnull

Can't you just quit the forums too instead of sticking around and being a negative nancy? In this economy? Who can't come up with $5, I can't think of a single issue. Its such a small amount of money. How much money do you spend on fast food in a month? Id rather the limit then gold farmers continue and I support this 110%. Oh and btw, I'm sure you'll be back playing in a few weeks or atleast logging on to 'catch up'. Hey, Atleast you can still pretend that you aren't playing now right? :)

I'd rather a Negative Nancy than a Bootlicking Billy. <_<

Do you know this thread started off so positive, yes with some constructive comments (please note the word 'constructive') but fair all the same. Then in troop the doomsayers, don't Jagex have their own one in Lumbridge? And suddenly RS is rubbish, Jagex is rubbish, everyone who has anything positive to say is rubbish, I'm getting a theme here.

As for being a 'bootlicking Billy'? :blink: I would rather have a positive attitude than get so stressed and be a drama queen over what is basically just a game.

35cq0q9.png

I really can't believe that they actually went through with getting rid of f2p highscores. AND the new website and highscores just seem like a big hassle and waste of space. I like seeing my updates and not crummy troll face or victories and happy kid s**t on everything everywhere on the website.

EDIT:

Wow i hate this update more and more the interfaces are stupid and pointless. Doesn't go with the game and lot more. The forums and website overal are just a horrible change. The lagg and everything else makes them such a hassle not to mention the adventurer's log is completely ruined. WHY SHORTEN IT!? i dnt need stupid graphics give me my info ..

Why do you care? I thought you were quitting if they implemented the high score removals. Won't matter to you now eh?

Yes i am quiting but i do care about how the people who still play will be penialized for literally everything unless they pay. I refuse to pay and play a game that went from such a great game to a load of trash so quickly and care almost nothing about the community.

I find your post + your forum name to be quite ironic.

My name hatebringer was originally made up to represent bringing hate to the people who bring it to others who do not deserve it.

Its just something i've used as my online alias ive used since way back when I was mocked for "hating" on people and I did not care for it because they needed to be hated on thus my name;

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I'm mad. ALL of my tabs along the bottom (in game, obviously?) are cut in half. I'm running Windows 7, which is good for MOST things, but the stupid system bar already got in my way often because the tabs were practically touching it. Now that those tabs are half size this'll be an even more annoying problem.

I use F-keys as much as possible but my chat settings are covered up...

Help! If you know how to move the entire game screen in resizable up a few notches and lock the windows bar in an open position that'd be great.

EDIT minimizing the game but still using resizeable presents the same problem. My program borders are too thick or something, but I've no idea how to change them.

2dgucz6.png

Skills: +EXP +RANK

Overall +775k, +5.9k

Attack +164k, +81k

Defence +2k, +60k

Strength +33k, +104k

Constitution +68k, +73k

Ranged +9.1k, +217k

Prayer +2.2k, +22k

Magic +5.1k, +156k

Cooking +0, +20k

Woodcutting +930, +25k

Fletching +17, +17k

Fishing +294, +233k

Firemaking +570, +5.5k

Crafting +1.8k, +17k

Smithing +102, +39k

Mining +271, +176k

Herblore +641, +18k

Agility +8.3k, +26k

Thieving +835, +27k

Slayer +36k, +24k

Farming +188, +25k

Runecraft +146k, +27k

Hunter +0, +81k

Construction +343, +5.6k

Summoning +710, +27k

Dungeoneering +295k, -37

recci-518.png

As for being a 'bootlicking Billy'? :blink: I would rather have a positive attitude than get so stressed and be a drama queen over what is basically just a game.

It's a bit of a bittersweet story, though. Many of us have invested lots of time and money into this game and company to see it turn out like...this. No one here in their wildest dreams thought that Jagex would go through with such a controversial change [to the high scores] after hearing tons of feedback against it...but that's what happens.

You have a point. I realize that RS/Jagex isn't worth stressing over. However, that doesn't mean that I won't call them out every time they do something so eye-gouging stupid.

Positives? The only handful of positives with the update may be the leprechaun's limits being relaxed and a "new" forum. Outside of that, there is a staggering amount of negatives.

- Runehead and Runetracker, both of which make use of the high scores, cannot be used effectively anymore, unless clans are strictly P2P.

- Dynamic signatures everywhere cease to operate on a huge chunk of the community.

- Long-standing "pure F2P" players (one of which was acknowledged by MMG himself) can no longer display this amazing accomplishment.

So you may have to forgive the community for a few days if it seems like the attitude is negative.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I can't understand why you would continue to stick around a forum and rant about a game you no longer play. It just doesn't seem logical to me and brings down the mood of the forums. I would say either most clans are actually P2P or F2P. Some might have a few differences but I would say its either way most times. Also a 'large chunk'? Last I seen info F2P made up under 20% of the player base. Thats not really huge. Also I wonder just what percent of that actually use sigs on a regular basis. They can continue to level and enjoy the F2P game or perhaps try P2P and realise its not so bad after all. Either way if you play just for the reason for others to give you a virtual pat on the back you should take a step back.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

I'm mad. ALL of my tabs along the bottom (in game, obviously?) are cut in half. I'm running Windows 7, which is good for MOST things, but the stupid system bar already got in my way often because the tabs were practically touching it. Now that those tabs are half size this'll be an even more annoying problem.

I had the same problem. Either play in fixed mode or full screen; I switched to fixed. I've heard that using the RS client fixes the problems for resizeable, but I have yet to try it.

I had the same problem. Either play in fixed mode or full screen; I switched to fixed. I've heard that using the RS client fixes the problems for resizeable, but I have yet to try it.

Lol the client is not available in my area... That's some shit. :mellow:

It's weird because even if I unmaximize my window with RS in it the tabs are still cut off in resizeable...

2dgucz6.png

It's weird because even if I unmaximize my window with RS in it the tabs are still cut off in resizeable...

I have seen that mentioned on RSOF by someone in Texas, but I havent found a reason yet as to why it is not available to any location in the USA.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Do you live in Texas? Apparently the official RS Client isn't available there due to them having difficulty securing their IP in that particular state.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Do you live in Texas? Apparently the official RS Client isn't available there due to them having difficulty securing their IP in that particular state.

I've heard it was illegal in Texas for some strange reason >.>

It's a bit of a bittersweet story, though. Many of us have invested lots of time and money into this game and company to see it turn out like...this. No one here in their wildest dreams thought that Jagex would go through with such a controversial change [to the high scores] after hearing tons of feedback against it...but that's what happens.

You have a point. I realize that RS/Jagex isn't worth stressing over. However, that doesn't mean that I won't call them out every time they do something so eye-gouging stupid.

Positives? The only handful of positives with the update may be the leprechaun's limits being relaxed and a "new" forum. Outside of that, there is a staggering amount of negatives.

- Runehead and Runetracker, both of which make use of the high scores, cannot be used effectively anymore, unless clans are strictly P2P.

- Dynamic signatures everywhere cease to operate on a huge chunk of the community.

- Long-standing "pure F2P" players (one of which was acknowledged by MMG himself) can no longer display this amazing accomplishment.

So you may have to forgive the community for a few days if it seems like the attitude is negative.

I agree with Makoto here...especially since Jagex has shown some positive trends recently(Bot busting, finally doing something about dicing, increasing Jmod presence on the forums etc.), those moves make it all the more frustrating. Heck, I'm not F2P and I wouldn't play f2p even if I unsubscribed, but it still bothers me.

But I guess with fewer than 600k subscribers and competition ever increasing, Jagex is getting desperate....

Had to be in the ONE place that it can't be gotten huh?

My friend has it, will probably dl it off his server, but at the moment JaGEx seems aware of this (there's a thread on RSOF under Technical Support) so I'm going to wait.

But, now, I can't even log into a game world without it freezing and then logging me out completely. I even changed all my browser settings back to how they were.

Brb rebooting

2dgucz6.png

So they basically brought back trade limits but only in f2p. Can we call it a demo yet?

No the change has as many benefits as negatives.

For one it will go a long way against gold farmers also I feel it'll help new players from becoming scammed.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

I am stunned that that new adventure log got approved. It is an improvement in almost nothing, and is overall a stunning reduction in features, usability, and function. It does less, and it does it worse.

Also, the forums were quite obviously not ready to be released. A few screen grab comparisons would have made it very obvious that several features are missing. It's not even the stuff that's broken that bothers me (there are several things that don't work, or don't work quite right), it's that several features and a lot of basic usability is now gone. It's going to take a while for them to fix it (they have acknowledged most of the things that are missing), and there is no excuse for most of this stuff not getting fixed prior to initial release. This should have been caught long before the live beta that we are all being subjugated too.

Rushed all over it.

I love everything else though, aside from the odd broken things.

For one it will go a long way against gold farmers also I feel it'll help new players from becoming scammed.

Since when has Jagex cared about new players?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'm not drama queening it out. I'm not predicting the end of the game or anything. I said two things: I think the new design suck and I'm tired of people kissing ass for no understand, at least to me, reason.

I give my opion on things that are a lot more than things that might be.

That being said maybe someone should put shots in the back of Runescape's head and call it a mercy killing? :P

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Since when has Jagex cared about new players?

Since they updated/upgraded Lumbridge/surroundings with the best graphics in game, added the task system, and a ton of gimmicks not found anywhere else in the game to make the game seem more "interactive".

Although I suppose you could argue those things are more for their bottom line than the players themselves...

2dgucz6.png

BTW, where the hell is the game updates on the main page? I can't find them anywhere.

On the "Community Site" page. The link is part way down the right side.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Had to be in the ONE place that it can't be gotten huh?

My friend has it, will probably dl it off his server, but at the moment JaGEx seems aware of this (there's a thread on RSOF under Technical Support) so I'm going to wait.

But, now, I can't even log into a game world without it freezing and then logging me out completely. I even changed all my browser settings back to how they were.

Brb rebooting

My bad, the world (W44, major SW world lol...) and a ton of others are offline.

2dgucz6.png