purpose of torag?

wakka102

ok, so ive heard that torag is suppose to give a really wild defense bonus, but i've looked at it and the only thing that is better than guthans and dharok is the leg plates, which only give +10 defense bonus higher then guthan's plateskirt. so thats +10 defense..am I missing something here or what?

it also has a set effect ;), if your gonna complain about power for barrows items complain about karils -.-

oh you mean because karils best thing is its magic def? the x-bow is OKAY, melee def of karils BLOWS and the ranged attack boost is same as black d hide, and karils coif is +3 where a leather coif is +2. and lowering agility is the best thing EVER.

oh you mean because karils best thing is its magic def? the x-bow is OKAY, melee def of karils BLOWS and the ranged attack boost is same as black d hide, and karils coif is +3 where a leather coif is +2. and lowering agility is the best thing EVER.

i sense sarcasm... Karil's armor does really suck, but killing him is such a pain. he's the only brother to ever kill me... i don't attempt him w/o prayer anymore

i sense sarcasm... Karil's armor does really suck, but killing him is such a pain. he's the only brother to ever kill me... i don't attempt him w/o prayer anymore

their was no real sarcasm, that set is REALLY lame. i found it funny frogmite complained about it or somewhat did. karils is a literal joke, torag being the next thing to a joke. i have full karils my self, just not the x-bow because, x-bow hits hard but slow, yet cant pickup bolt racks and addy arrows are cheaper. and then the armor is cool because i use it for magic slayer monsters. thats all nothing else.

their was no real sarcasm, that set is REALLY lame. i found it funny frogmite complained about it or somewhat did. karils is a literal joke, torag being the next thing to a joke. i have full karils my self, just not the x-bow because, x-bow hits hard but slow, yet cant pickup bolt racks and addy arrows are cheaper. and then the armor is cool because i use it for magic slayer monsters. thats all nothing else.

to my experience bow is fast, really fast. or did they change it?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Torag's isn't a joke at all. It has insane def bonus and it's way cheap for the full set minus the lame hammers. The special isn't great, but the armor rules.

That's why so many people use it. I do, and I love it.

the set effect is a joke, thats why its so cheap.

but the def isn't a joke, it's truley awsome for the amount of cash you pay. if i could get any set without the ability to sell it or trade it then (excluding guthan of course) then it would be torag by far, dharok is to risky for me and verac's brass is low def.. not srue bout rest. anyways i'd say torags is ( again exluding the obvious guthans), if any, the least of a joke.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

but the def isn't a joke, it's truley awsome for the amount of cash you pay. if i could get any set without the ability to sell it or trade it then (excluding guthan of course) then it would be torag by far, dharok is to risky for me and verac's brass is low def.. not srue bout rest. anyways i'd say torags is ( again exluding the obvious guthans), if any, the least of a joke.

you have to remember about verac is the special, and the brassard is about as equal as a dragon chain, and thats not even considering its magic penalty of -6, and d chains is -15, making verac brass +ahrim skirt and KILLER combination

as i see it, all the barrows sets have a use, except for torag.

verac-good for pvp, and kq. good magic def(as far as armor is considered) and a lower magic penalty then most armors which makes it marvelous for fight pits with ancients

guthan- slayers dream, thats about all i have to really say on that.

dharok-risky, yet if you DO go down, ull be makin some big swings til the end.

ahrim- i find this set to be useful i guess, the full set effect(low str) combined wtih shadow barrage could be devistating. not to mention i like the looks of the top, it looks like a long sleeved chain

karil- good magic def, and seriously thats about it. of course you can range with it, but why not d hide?

torag-good defense, after that i dont see any appeal to it at all especially since its god awful ugly. dharok and guthan armor are close to the same def so i guess if your gonna shell out 3mil you may as well get dharok and do the big hit thing.

torag-good defense, after that i dont see any appeal to it at all especially since its god awful ugly. dharok and guthan armor are close to the same def so i guess if your gonna shell out 3mil you may as well get dharok and do the big hit thing.

Who gives a toss if it is ugly? Guthans plate is ugly, Dharoks Helm is ugly, Veracs Skirt is ugly, Karils is ugly full stop, Dragon Legs are ugly, Rune Boots are ugly. I could go on, but I won't. If you are that worried about the look of your armour, just go buy yourself full Dragon.

Also, since Torags set effect is so poor, you don't need the full set, so you can mix the armour. Personally I use Torags Plate with Dharoks legs and Dragon Med, which looks much better.

As for Dharoks, the helmet is worse than Torags and the whole set is so freaking risky. Wow, I can hit a 30, oh look, I'm dead because a monster got a lucky hit in. You may as well just get some Super Strength potions and a Dragon Battleaxe if you want to hit hard, that way you won't have to get yourself to 5hp.

Torags armour is superb for people who want to upgrade from Rune, but are on a limited budget, like myself. My friend has splashed out on full Veracs, just to kill the KQ every now and then, so what is he gonna do when he wants to just kill some Greaters?

Also, Torags is the best armour for Castle Wars players, you can't exactly use your fancy Verac or Dharoks set effects in there can you?

blazesigbq9.jpg

you have to remember about verac is the special, and the brassard is about as equal as a dragon chain, and thats not even considering its magic penalty of -6, and d chains is -15, making verac brass +ahrim skirt and KILLER combination

as i see it, all the barrows sets have a use, except for torag.

verac-good for pvp, and kq. good magic def(as far as armor is considered) and a lower magic penalty then most armors which makes it marvelous for fight pits with ancients

guthan- slayers dream, thats about all i have to really say on that.

ahrim- i find this set to be useful i guess, the full set effect(low str) combined wtih shadow barrage could be devistating. not to mention i like the looks of the top, it looks like a long sleeved chain

karil- good magic def, and seriously thats about it. of course you can range with it, but why not d hide?

I am not so down on torag, I used to use it b4 I discovered the big moneymaker (abyss nats)

Torag is AMAISING def, and worht every penny. Yesh, I know that the special sucks, but I prefer that the full set w\o hammers is 3m with a sucky special instead of having a special like draining opponates def with a 10m price tag (yesh I know I'm exagerating a tad, just trying to show an example)

Karil is good for melee'n mages, thats about it, altho the crossbow OWNS, and I'm 110% serious. Very fast, very strong, and the ammo is 1/2 the price of rune arrows (it hits harder than rune arrows, as well). Only downside to the xbox is that it has like 3 good gam- err the xbow is that you don't get the ammo back, so its better for PVP.

Dharok IMO is worthless. Completely worthless. I've dueled TONS of dharoks, and I have only lost ONCE to one, and thats when I forgot to bring a weapon :roll: And remember that the time that I dueled the most was when all I had was full rune and a whip ;) (all dharoks were either my lvl or higher) You want the def? Get t3h boar. (torag)

Ahrims, leet def and ownage magic attack, awesome for PVP. 'Nuff said.

We all know guthan's special. :lol:

Verac, altho has the weakest plate of any of the melee bros, remember that its still stronger than the d chain, and the full set gives +19 prayer bonus which more than makes up for the def. Don't forget that verac has the best PVP special EVER. IMO guthan is the best set for training, and verac for PVP.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

IMO guthan is the best set for training, .

Thats odd... I could have sworn you thought Guthans was worthless. How silly of me.

Torags is perhaps one of the best PvP sets out there. How you ask? Well lets look at it this way.

We have people with our Dragon Weapons (Level 60 Attack required) and our Abyssal Whip users (Level 70 Attack required), and generally, we see most people wearing the mainstream armour, Runite (Level 40 Defense required).

What the heck? 40 Defense??? Wow, thats quite low, especially when required exp for 40 is 37,224, and 70 is 737,627. So, when using your mainstream level 40 Defense armour, against the level 70 required weapon. My, you would think thats exceeding crazy, wouldn't you? 70 is far superior than 40, over 700 thousand exp over it aswell!

And this is were Torags comes in, your having your level 70 armour, versus a level 70 weapon, a far more even match up wouldn't you think?

Torags easily availability makes it nice, all you really need to excell is the Plate and Legs, its as easy as that. Going to green dragons to collect some bones and hide? Torags plate, legs, anti shield and a fremenik helmet of your choise, but don't forget your God cape for +magic bonus either!

Take that, and you'll have an excellent chance of surviving most melee/range pkers and if you really want to, take a black hide chest for smack on against mages, I daresay unless the pk is very very good, you will generally live.

Verac may be the God of Pking sets, however I don't particually find this true, in practice yes, the ITD is a great special effect, too bad the flail is generally slow, and there is no certainty that the effect will even proc!

Torags is still an excellent set of armour, (even if your only using 2 pieces of it)

And here's a tip, please don't qoute an entire large paragraph of text, and then start yours, In my opinion it makes the pages longer and means that people will have to scroll down past the qouted text and then read you reply.

Do something like this.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

*snip*

Fusce accumsan arcu nec mi tincidunt nonummy.

~Chaosbringer

Thats odd... I could have sworn you thought Guthans was worthless. How silly of me.

~Chaosbringer

heres an idea, try READING a thread b4 you make a comment, and defenatly before you link to it :roll:

Pretty sad what mods they get these days...

Also, Torags is the best armour for Castle Wars players, you can't exactly use your fancy Verac or Dharoks set effects in there can you?

VERY TRUE! I have torags for castle wars and when im holding the flag most lvl 100's will go down before i will...but that's besides the fact that they don't have flag holding skills with mages (ancient, entanglers) are after them... Trust me the lvl 105's and so forth get mad at me saying i have noob def and armour...78 (almost 79) def btw... :P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

~Chaosbringer

heres an idea, try READING a thread b4 you make a comment, and defenatly before you link to it :roll:

Well, being the expert reader that you are, I'm sure you would have spotted that Chaos is NOT a moderator, but Tip.it crew?

~Chaosbringer

Well, being the expert reader that you are, I'm sure you would have spotted that Chaos is NOT a moderator, but Tip.it crew?

Didn't think there was a difference.

No, theres a large difference, and I can read, I read the entire Guthan is worthless topic, I even posted on it, its an interesting topic.

And from reading that entire thread, it is indeed obvious, even to people who don't read, apparently, because I can come to the conclusion that you are for a better word of it.

you've got some sort of bias against Guthan.

Oh, and here is a List for you, you can use your reading skills to navigate it and figure out what a Tip.it Crew member is.

Oh, and posting an observation makes it.

Pretty sad what mods they get these days...

Who would have thought, having an opinion makes it sad, regardless of my position on these boards, I daresay I should be allowed to post what I want to within the rules.

But I digress, this is getting away from the topic, lets cut and cut the minimal flaming down to nothing, I wouldn't like a insightful topic like this to get locked.

~Chaosbringer

I have full Karil, and I just beat a level 96 meleer (he had a full bar of dds spec everytime against me) 4 times in a row, I'm level 92. The weapon is awesome, and seeing mages swear when they are unable to hit is really nice.

Karil is seriously underhyped in my opinion :/ Oh well, it keeps the prices low ;)

Oh, and the special do suck, but it hits so often that in a serious fight your opponent will be down to 1 agility, so he can't exit/enter anything that require agility ;) Think about it, it's not that useful, but it seriously can help

ranger4life995ut.gif