crossbows underestimated?

Lets_3ekout

well i was just looking in a store when i saw and remembered about crossobows. i was wondering how good/bad they really are. so i get one along with 1k or so bolts (cheap yay) and check out the attack bonus. ugh horible: +6. so then purely for fun i went out to try it. i go all the way from varrock to ogre blood cave (walking no laws.. u gota hate it) and try it out on some. i was amazed. it wasnt junk as everyone told me, i found it quite good, i miss about the same as mage short with it despite the range bonus, it attacks relatively fast and hits high (i've been hitting my max hit like mad). so it's cheap, easy to get ammp and for some reason good. does anyone else agree? or is it just my imagineation that there working good.

edit, also you can use shield with them makeing it quite posible to kill dragons without that fateal risk, unlike with bows.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

i believe the cross bows are mainly a gimic because you cant smith bolts. and gettin barbed tipped bolts are pretty lame and they seem a little slower

the dragon thing, well their are safe spots and protect from magic reduces their hits when ur walkin around the enclave. so yeah i mean they could be great but then again a hassle

dont foget zammy book ;) +8 ranged

edit, also you can use shield with them makeing it quite posible to kill dragons without that fateal risk, unlike with bows.

Or you could just get some Knifes or Darts, they are faster, give a better Range bonus, can be smithed and are one handed.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Yea they hit differently to arrows.

However, the crucial difference is that the crossbow is much less accurate and will hit more zeros. But when they do hit, they can hit as high (and sometimes more than) their corresponding arrows as shown in the table.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=range ... tm#weapons

I loved playing the ranged mini game and then using the barbed tip bolts :) Not really useful though for more than a bit of fun.

They have their uses for example ranging things which require a shield. Like skeletal wyverns, basilisks and the dragons.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Yea they hit differently to arrows.

However, the crucial difference is that the crossbow is much less accurate and will hit more zeros. But when they do hit, they can hit as high (and sometimes more than) their corresponding arrows as shown in the table.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=range ... tm#weapons

I loved playing the ranged mini game and then using the barbed tip bolts :) Not really useful though for more than a bit of fun.

Helps in CW abit. Allows wielding of a shield. Or against slayer monsters, can hold elemental shield for extra bit of magic defence.

knkcopy.jpg

i went most of the way from ranging lvl 45 to 60 with the crossbow. I had a lot of opal tips (form shilo village) and figured i'd try them out.

I was really impressed with how they worked, especially on lower lvl monsters. I did a lot of herblore with them (chaos druids and chaos druid warriors), and it was nice to always see the ranging exp go up too.

It was really cheap and easy, it was easier to get bolts than arrows, and just as cheap. Just buy bolts whenever you happen to be in Varrock and spend some time getting gems from Shilo (or just buy cheap opal tips from Shilo store...they are always there).

Higher monster do get a lot of zeros and that can be annoying, but its not a bad way to train.