Question on cash amounts

fakeitormakeit2

I'm curious to ask what is considered a small cash pile, a sizable cash pile and a more wealthy cash pile/bank value. Obviously to some degree the answer is subjective based on relative perspective, but I'm asking for a general, common idea of these ranges.

Thank you.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I would say that for an average player, 30m is small, 100m is sizable, and 250m is wealthy. I would say an average player would be around 110 combat and 2100 total.

Though I would say that 200m is small, 500m is sizable, and 1B is wealthy.

Edit: @above, hmm I've never looked at it that way... how interesting.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

10, 50, 250+

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

, 30m is small,

Jeez, at 133 CB I wanna ///wrist. I only have a bank of ~35m :|

135 cb 2165 total. I have a bank worth of ~20m

Everytime i make 10-20m i spend it on a buyable as cash/items sitting banked seem pointless to me.

Indeed, I agree. Might as well put in low buy offers rather than just letting the cash gather dust.

I have a ~500m bank, with 80% of that tied up in very liquid items and GE slots.

I suppose it depends how you look at your cash.. I suppose my numbers may seem a bit high, because it was total bank value. Eh, I consider myself having that much cash. :shrug:

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Cash is a big part of the game but i think your rich when you got your buyable skills at 99 and having the pvm outift that is good enough to do pvm with. The amount of cash that you want will also be depending on your skills i think. Also kep in mind that by training your non buyables you can make the money for you buyable skills.

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

It also depends on the definition of 'Rich' and 'Poor'

You can have 1gp and be considered 'Rich' if you wear a Herblore cape, at least by other people.

You can have maxed out cash and still be considered 'Poor' if you choose to think you are 'Poor'.

It's a subjective adjective

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

People tend to overestimate stuff on rs. Like if you are not maxed, you are lower level now. If you don't have the cash to buy the most expensive skill in the game, you are not near to being rich.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

There is always a bigger fish... but I tend to think that larger cash stack is a waste. higher total value though depends on each person.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I would take into account bank value and capacity for making money. For example, I asked someone whether I could borrow Virtus and he replied he'd lost a party hat set, but he was merching his way back up so in a few weeks/months. That's rich.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

My cash stack floats 4-8m, usually being spent on skills. I don't measure my other items because most of the valuable items I wouldn't consider selling. This is mostly fury, zerker ring, various armours I can't think of, etc. I'd consider myself poor, but not so bad off considering I haven't done money making things specifically in years, besides dailies which for me are every 2.5 days or so. I'd consider myself reasonably well off if I got 3 more prayer levels (92-95) and a few herblore levels along with 40m for bandos. But to me, rich is too much cash to know what to spend it on, like having several billion. In that situation, you could max out buyables several times over, so I'd consider that "rich"

Quyneax is right though, wealth should take into account ability to make money and bank/skill value. If I was a dice rank or something, or could grow money trees, I'd consider myself richer.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Thanks everyone for your inputs. This seemed to be an a good differing range of opinions, perhaps I should've put this in the questionnaire subforum haha.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I would say that for an average player, 30m is small, 100m is sizable, and 250m is wealthy. I would say an average player would be around 110 combat and 2100 total.

Though I would say that 200m is small, 500m is sizable, and 1B is wealthy.

Edit: @above, hmm I've never looked at it that way... how interesting.

I would say an average player would be around 2,000 total with 115 combat.

I tend to agree with your ideas on wealth tho. I suppose it's relative. I know of a few people who are fairly low combat (70-80), with around 50m. I would consider them to be wealthy, however since my boots cost about that much, I would be fairly poor, if I had 50m with my stats and what not (for example I have a higher upkeep than a level 70-80 would from potions, minions and such).

In summary:

I'm better than my level 70-80 friends.

Also stats are worth more than geepees :D

Cake....

Cake?