I'm sick of randoms

Amonitas

Honestly, random events were originally made to stop botting and macroing. It doesn't work anymore and they don't really have much purpose except some free rc exp.

They can be a bit fun sometimes to break monotony, but after doing every possible random 100 times they get boring. Where are the river trolls, tree spirits, golems and everything? That was the time when randoms were interesting and mattered.

What I would like to see is some new randoms or different ways to handles them. I would actually like it if they brought back the way it used to, certain randoms happen from certain things, like you had fishing randoms when you were fishing and so on.

I would either like them removed or update the outdated content.

• Like 1

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Random events don't actually serve any purpose apart from inconveniencing bots and macro's - and even then, most of them could be circumvented. In the end, they're just as much an inconvenience to legitimate players as they are intended to be to macroing. For example: if I want to break monotomy, I just go do something else or stop playing entirely. If I want xp, I'll train the skill. I don't need random events to "spice" things up for me.

Truth be told, I've pretty much hated them ever since they were implemented in the first place (they were only introduced in rs2, and replaced the fatigue system which was equally annoying). I mean, I pay to play the game the way I want to play it. Not to have "random events" forced onto me every once in a while, interfering with the way I want to play.

Sure, they only happen once in a while and it doesn't take too long to do them, but it's still something I could do perfectly without. To me, they're nothing but an inconvenience, and a rather bothersome at that (yes, I'm looking at you, Leo the gravedigger). Some of them require you to complete the event before even being allowed to leave (they have no "refuse" option), while others teleport you away if you refuse to do them. In all cases, you can't just ignore them and be on your merry way - you have to solve them first.

That being said, those "interesting" events were actually some of the worst of them all. River trolls and golems that attack you when you're fishing or mining (not to mention the evil chicken or the zombie?) (Pick-)axe heads that fly away, or even downright break when you're woodcutting? No thanks - that's beyond a mere annoyance, that's downright intrusive.

But, of course, by this time I'm sure they're pretty much considered a "tradition". :-(

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

I think jagex should remove the more annoying ones like the gravedigger and a certain old man and his maze...

its annoying when i'm chilling, doing a bit of fletching/thieving/smithing/whatever and then that stupid old man whisks me away to his maze to waste my time and then give me 10k worth of crap

i do enjoy the dragon teacher one and the sandwich lady though

Turtle_Drink.png

Turtle_Drink.png

I got my rapier :D

But you get free exp...so if you're chilling and doing fletching/thieving/whatever then just consider it a little extra of the exp you're training in.

A random every 400k~ exp is a lot better than what we used to have, and the randoms we have today better still than what we had even before that. You wouldn't be able to "chill" if a swarm was [bleep]ing you up and randoms didn't always have helpful deposit boxes in the area.

hzvjpwS.gif

But you get free exp...so if you're chilling and doing fletching/thieving/whatever then just consider it a little extra of the exp you're training in.

A random every 400k~ exp is a lot better than what we used to have, and the randoms we have today better still than what we had even before that. You wouldn't be able to "chill" if a swarm was [bleep]ing you up and randoms didn't always have helpful deposit boxes in the area.

The annoying thing about the maze is that you don't even get an XP reward, only 10k worth of stuff like steel arrows, mind runes, mithril ore ect and the gravedigger one is too long.

Turtle_Drink.png

Turtle_Drink.png

I got my rapier :D

The annoying thing about the maze is that you don't even get an XP reward, only 10k worth of stuff like steel arrows, mind runes, mithril ore ect and the gravedigger one is too long.

Gravedigger goes pretty fast actually. It's about as long as the dragon teacher if you're paying attention. And yes, I think we all can agree--the maze random sucks.

hzvjpwS.gif

> Gravedigger

> Leave early

> Tele back to daemonheim because you have your ROK on you at all times

> Problem solved

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Gravedigger goes pretty fast actually. It's about as long as the dragon teacher if you're paying attention. And yes, I think we all can agree--the maze random sucks.

I rather like the maze event, I find the event itself fun and it reminds me of when the junk was actually quite expensive :P (at least for the character I had back then)

Also to the person above me, I still need a few mime randoms to unlock all emotes and clothes :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The only one I REALLY can't stand is the maze. It takes far too long.

^This. It would be nice if they would do away with the maze random altogether. Or at least change it so you can pick a reward like the other randoms and at least get some xp out of it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The only one I REALLY can't stand is the maze. It takes far too long.

^This. It would be nice if they would do away with the maze random altogether. Or at least change it so you can pick a reward like the other randoms and at least get some xp out of it.

Or they could just make the timer on the Maze Random about 2.5x longer. That's literally the only thing that ticks me off with the Maze, because your time (and therefore the reward) dwindles way beyond too low before you can get to the rewards due to an overload of in-game lag. It has always frustrated me to no end. :angry:

~D. V. "Mad at the Maze Random!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I'm not sure why they haven't got rid of randoms yet and I don't understand why they didn't get rid of gravedigger/maze when they got rid of the other randoms. Most annoying randoms by a long shot but the mime is a close runner up.

gravedigger because they would need to give an other way to get those clothes.

Also you guys seem to forget that most of f2p loves those random events :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I don't know if I'd say we love them, but they certainly add some variety to the otherwise limited free game. I used to really like them because of the added outfit options they provided, but the basic clothing update changed all of that. You can get a much cooler outfit wearing no items at all.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Every time I get the mime I want to slam my face into a post.

This and the maze. The mime is unnecessarily long and you lose out on being able to chat and such. Gravedigger used to annoy me until I realized how fast it can actually be done. Now it's less annoying. Maze is too long and not rewarding.

Maze > Mime > Gravedigger as the worst 3 randoms imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm not sure why they haven't got rid of randoms yet and I don't understand why they didn't get rid of gravedigger/maze when they got rid of the other randoms. Most annoying randoms by a long shot but the mime is a close runner up.

Then make random events FTP only.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

That's just unreasonable. For one thing, what of members who want the costumes? Remove the maze, no one likes it. Streamline the grave digger and mime random, or remove them entirely and offer a new way for the clothes. Tis a better idea then F2P only randoms.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I like the lamps. I have no objection to getting a short a random every once in a while, with my favourite being the classroom because of the superior xp reward. The list of randoms I don't like though, is probably a lot larger than the ones I do.

My go die in a hole list:

-Maze

-Leo

-Mime

-Molly

Ones I would rather not have:

-Evil Bobs prison

-Evil Bobs island

-Pinball

Ones I actually like:

-Class Room

-Sandwich Lady

-Pillory

-Hive assembly

-Cert Brothers

-Abyssal Plane Malfunction

-Pheasant killing

-Locked chest on an island

I guess its about a 50/50 actually. Anyway, classroom aside, all the randoms I actually like have one thing in common. They can all be completed in under 15 seconds.

That's just unreasonable. For one thing, what of members who want the costumes? Remove the maze, no one likes it. Streamline the grave digger and mime random, or remove them entirely and offer a new way for the clothes. Tis a better idea then F2P only randoms.

Who cares about the costumes? Level 70 mains who don't even experience a different game in members because they're so low level. They can just go to FTP and get the costumes.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Costumes can be stored in your POH. Nevertheless they're never worth getting, whenever you see the option for "Lamp" or "Book of Knowledge", ALWAYS go for that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention