I'm sick of randoms

Amonitas

Costumes can be stored in your POH. Nevertheless they're never worth getting, whenever you see the option for "Lamp" or "Book of Knowledge", ALWAYS go for that.

That is your opinion, not everyones goal is max xp/h. I like to collect all emotes and clothes before doing stuff like that.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Costumes can be stored in your POH. Nevertheless they're never worth getting, whenever you see the option for "Lamp" or "Book of Knowledge", ALWAYS go for that.

That is your opinion, not everyones goal is max xp/h. I like to collect all emotes and clothes before doing stuff like that.

I feel the same way as you about this, essiw... It's always good to have a few pieces of Random Event clothing and some Emotes at option for that odd occasion or something. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Sentimental Value of Cosmetic Clothing and Emotes shouldn't be forgotten..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I feel the same way as you about this, essiw... It's always good to have a few pieces of Random Event clothing and some Emotes at option for that odd occasion or something. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Sentimental Value of Cosmetic Clothing and Emotes shouldn't be forgotten..." Devnull

About the emotes, yes, but I don't think I ever use the costumes as they are now except for mime (I did way back, but right now they are out-dated graphic wise), but I am just a completionist wanting to collect everything :P (I even have those master rc robes, those were horrible to get)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

i haven't seen someone wearing random event related clothing in runescape for the longest time. i thought everyone just collected it all and never touched it. ever.

{tumblr}

<<<Quote Snip>>>

i haven't seen someone wearing random event related clothing in runescape for the longest time. i thought everyone just collected it all and never touched it. ever.

Not true. In fact, I managed to collect the entire bunch of RECs (Random Event Clothes) at one point that F2P is able to gain access to in RuneScape. I even remember wearing and using them at least a little bit. Heck, I even took a screenshot of my having collected all the RECs and Emotes...

20071001_F2P_Completed_RE_MI.jpg

...and sadly landed up having to drop all of them because I'm 100% F2P, and couldn't play RS otherwise. I even managed to get a chance back when I took the screenshots that composed this image to do it when Falador was quiet in the Square. If I remember right, it was before RS HD and RuneTek 4 arrived, as well as before they removed Frog Tokens from the game in favor of their Costume Points System. Heck, I would pull out some of the RECs now, if I could return it to Iffie after in order to keep my points that I've built up. That, and the lack of Random Events, has really been the only things stopping me now from using my RECs. Who wants to try to use them when the odds of recovery are infinitely low? Heck, file me under upset at Jagex for not providing Random Event Frequency controls! I want more randoms, not less! <_<

~Mr. D. V. "There are still a few things that suck in regard to Random Events..." Devnull

(p.s.: Unluckily for me, I got heavily disrupted while typing this. It is very likely that I've missed a thought or two, so I'm sorry if you're left with extra questions!)

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Didn't Jagex say at runefest or something they plan to eventually phase randoms out by converting most of them into D&Ds of some kind

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Maybe it's just a F2P thing, but I see people wearing bits and pieces, if not entire outfits, of random event clothing all the time. Especially mime and camouflage bits.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

file me under upset at Jagex for not providing Random Event Frequency controls! I want more randoms, not less!

If you want more, train more.

I have already tried that, and it really just doesn't work. I seriously can't get them as fast as I did back in 2006, and that's the kind of frequency I want/need again. I would love having them even faster, if that's even possible. BTW, I would prefer not to fail any randoms, which might accidentally get my account flagged as a bot. I've never touched those pieces of junk programming in my life, I don't ever plan to start, and I don't want to get wrongfully banned. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Right now, my only option for more randoms is a non-option." Devnull

(p.s.: Kim, you might want to fix those posts up above that are missing their snapbacks... Just a thought...)

Didn't Jagex say at runefest or something they plan to eventually phase randoms out by converting most of them into D&Ds of some kind

cant remember where i hear it but yes i did definatly hear sumthing along those lines.

i used to have almost 200 frog tokens banked. now i just have stupid boxes that give no exp :(

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

I have already tried that, and it just doesn't work.

Yes it does. Approximately every 400k, you get a random. You've got no frequency to compare it to with the old system, and you don't need anything. What you need to do is stop getting so worked up about the most trivial and asinine details.

hzvjpwS.gif

Why does everyone hate the maze, I find it giving me a steady supply for death runes for which I am grateful. My last few price checks for maze rewards have all been 150k+, not bad for around 2-3 min of work.

I have already tried that, and it just doesn't work.

Yes it does. Approximately every 400k, you get a random. You've got no frequency to compare it to with the old system,

No frequency... Pardon me while I quietly laugh about that... I used to get them about every 40k-60k exp when training, and could even get them just by sitting in-game and chatting... If I was training really hard, I used to get two per session. Now, I get one maybe sometime every 50th session I go training, and I've tried training as fast as when I got a ton. I can't even get them by just sitting around anymore. Sad times, seeing the lack of randoms. :(

and you don't need anything. What you need to do is stop getting so worked up about the most trivial and asinine details.

Worked up? I'm cool as a cucumber right now, Kim. Anyway, it's not you I'm mad at, and your post gives me the indication like you thought I was mad at you. I'm honestly sorry if my post really came off seeming that way, as it had not been my intent. If I'm mad at anyone, it would be Jagex for not providing a frequency control slider. I remember such being suggested somewhere else before on the RSOF and/or TIF, other than this thread. If only it had happened... *sigh* ...At least I retired from RS, so I'm with the benefit of not being the crazy idiot I was back in 2008. -.-

EDIT: Regarding this...

Why does everyone hate the maze, I find it giving me a steady supply for death runes for which I am grateful. My last few price checks for maze rewards have all been 150k+, not bad for around 2-3 min of work.

For most of us, that timer clicks off too fast due to monstrous lag, and an evilly hard time finding the path through the maze. Consider yourself rather lucky that you get it as well as you do. You might have been one of us. :huh:

~D. V. "File me under 'depressed by the good days being unretrievable', would you?" Devnull

Edited by D_V_Devnull

Because even at 150k for 3 minutes of work, mazes are still only 3m/hour. They're also a pain in the ass.

Because even at 150k for 3 minutes of work, mazes are still only 3m/hour. They're also a pain in the ass.

Because I always have mining jujus / prayer renewals / overloads active when I get picked to play the maze.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Because I always have mining jujus / prayer renewals / overloads active when I get picked to play the maze.

Ahh that is a problem even I have, randoms cutting into my overload timer. I agree that definitely needs a fix.

Ahh that is a problem even I have, randoms cutting into my overload timer. I agree that definitely needs a fix.

Didn't they fix it so that the familiar timer stops during randoms? I agree about the mining jujus.. that one is the most annoying, especially when it just activated and the stupid rock is depleted right when I get back. :angry:

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Didn't they fix it so that the familiar timer stops during randoms? I agree about the mining jujus.. that one is the most annoying, especially when it just activated and the stupid rock is depleted right when I get back. :angry:

They fixed the familiar timer thing, but really, the timer issue is pretty much nothing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm not sure why they haven't got rid of randoms yet and I don't understand why they didn't get rid of gravedigger/maze when they got rid of the other randoms. Most annoying randoms by a long shot but the mime is a close runner up.

gravedigger because they would need to give an other way to get those clothes.

Also you guys seem to forget that most of f2p loves those random events :P

Then make random events FTP only.

That's just unreasonable. For one thing, what of members who want the costumes? Remove the maze, no one likes it. Streamline the grave digger and mime random, or remove them entirely and offer a new way for the clothes. Tis a better idea then F2P only randoms.

Who cares about the costumes? Level 70 mains who don't even experience a different game in members because they're so low level. They can just go to FTP and get the costumes.

Enough people care about costumes that it's unreasonable to think that no P2P player cares about them. Plus it reflects poorly on a game if some features are essentially F2P only. Also, even at lvl 3 P2P is a different game then F2P. More skills, more areas. Plus lvl 70s can probably use dragon weapons. Kill dragons.

People have mentioned that Jagex is (apparently) phasing out their random into D&Ds instead. This is a perfect solution, as you keep the content, and more importantly rewards that some players like. And Idgaf if you're one of those players or not ;)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

not a single random is fun especially maze and leo they should be removed since all bots know how to solve them anyway

replace them with quests for the costumes/emotes/whatever

They're mainly intended as fun diversions, and still hold a place to stop macros. (External macros are rediculously easy to use in runescape for anything that doesn't have an aspect of randomness)

I approve of them being in the game. But i do not approve of their length. All randoms should be similar to the banker's "what is this item". Takes 5 seconds, 20 at most.

As they can't be triggered (other than wasting billions getting extremely fast xp such as frosty altar) the length doesn't work as a balance for the xp rewards, if that's an argument a pro-long randoms person would take (if such a person even exists)

Infact. The xp reward, and monetary reward, should be much higher in my opinion. High enough to make the average player say 'Yay i'm lucky enough to have gotten 4 randoms today!' instead of 'FML Jagex hates me. 4 randoms today.' Scale money on total level, and just multiply the current xp by 5.

I don't think there are any realistically viable methods to get enough xp to trigger these randoms for the increased rewards to be worth the time/money, even used on 99 runecrafting. But it does make cheap high xp rates in less useful skills slightly more attractive.

(I considered a 'only 1 random an hour' to stop abuse, but that takes away the whole point of it being random, and would allow a botter to simply trigger a random and then run his macro for an hour care-free.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...