I'm sick of randoms

Amonitas

Worst thing about mime isn't the 10 second long wait between emotes (although that does wind me up too), but the endless wait between being teleported there and actually walking the whole two squares forward into the spotlight.

This. So. Much.

This is one of the main reasons I actually made this thread. I have a mime random and got mad and started ranting :(

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

I honestly love the random events. They can come at inconvenient times, yes. But even if they take 15 out of my "busy" schedule, I enjoy it. I actually look forward to thm when doing long training. It give my mind something free to think on.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Another thing I wanna point out about the mime. It isn't always easy to use the correct emote. With crying and being angry it's easy, but the emotes that are special it can sometimes be hard for me to know what the correct emote is. Like glass box for example. I often confuse it with something else.

And if I get the wrong emote I have to be there for longer which is annoying. The rest of the random events are easy to get right, but it's not always so easy with the mime.

In Runespan, random events get even more annoying. I don't always hunt the yellow wizard right when he calls me, but I do still remember that if I see him I can get free xp. If a random event whisks me away, the wizard "resets" and I have to wait another 10 minutes for one.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

If they took away the harder, time consuming randoms like gravedigger and maze otherwise I don't mind them...

The time spent doing them though is hardly worth the reward and they really don't stop bots...

Remove them I say!

Zigglestrout.png

Matty_Bee.png

If they took away the harder, time consuming randoms like gravedigger

I don't personally find the gravedigger time consuming.

If you take all the coffins at once and look at the gravestones and put the coffins into the holes as soon as you see the right coffin for each gravestone, and put the final one in the hole right away it will be done in no time.

...just happened to me where literally within 5 seconds of being called by a yellow wiz in runespan (who was standing right next to me too, free 7.4k xp for zero work) I got a random event and it canceled the wiz. :angry:

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

• 2 weeks later...

Random events take from one to two minutes maximum to complete. I played when random events were more punishing and hated browsing about the internet in another tab only to find my fishing rod gone because of a whirlpool or my pick damaged because of a smoking rock. I for one am glad that new players don't have to deal with those problems.

Now I wanna state that I do to some extent miss the combat random events. But come to think of it they weren't so good.

Rock golems dropped copper ores more commonly than anything while tree spirits dropped bronze and iron hatchets more commonly than anything.

The prize you get nowadays from random events are so much more valuable than the crap the combat random events used to drop.

I mean I take 21 noted mithril ores or 4 noted grimy irits over one copper ore every day.

Though the combat random events were good for combat training. But overall, the things they dropped were crap compared to what random events give us today.

I totally miss when a river troll would bash a bot to pieces and let all the hungry low leveled players take the sharks or whatever he was fishing and sell em haha.

• Like 1

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

• 1 month later...

The river trolls were good at bot bashing, I used to sit there with my fingers crossed waiting for the bot to die and practically cheering when they did! :razz: I was caught more than once by the tree spirit and had to take my axe to Bob to be mended, I think my worst was 4 times in one day lol. But it didn't bother me....it was part of the game.

I agree with most people though about the maze!

35cq0q9.png

I just wish randoms were interesting again. Not just yay free 400-900 xp for slayer or something. I liked river trolls and such. It made fishing actually interesting and it made afking a little bit dangerous. They should have had better drops though, making the worth fighting. And all the randoms are ancient content that has been obsolete for years. At least add new ones to make people actually not hate them or just remove them. They do absolutely nothing but piss people off. but knowing Jagex they won't be doing anything about it ever.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

I have gotten used to randoms, and the free xp they give, but they can definitely be annoying and a real nuisance, especially if you get them at crucial times. What I think Jagex needs to do, honestly, is simply introduce a few newer ones, even just one or two (if nothing, will add variety, and stop bots for a few weeks). Also a bit more variety in the pirzes wouldnt go amiss...

The maze is the worst one imo...

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Random events take from one to two minutes maximum to complete. I played when random events were more punishing and hated browsing about the internet in another tab only to find my fishing rod gone because of a whirlpool or my pick damaged because of a smoking rock. I for one am glad that new players don't have to deal with those problems.

Haha I actually forgot how annoying random events once were. And they were like every 40 minutes too. I guess the gravedigger and maze aren't so bad in comparison.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot count how many times I have lost Pyre Logs/Shade Keys/Columbarium Keys because of randoms...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Well, Og said in the livestream that assuming Botany Bay works, Random Events will be removed from the game. I guess you'll get your wish.... Gf free xps.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Well, Og said in the livestream that assuming Botany Bay works, Random Events will be removed from the game. I guess you'll get your wish.... Gf free xps.

I wonder how people will get their costumes and random event emotes, then? :eek:

~D. V. "It would really suck if those went away..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Well, I really love getting 22 mithril ores for doing some quick task, if random events are removed I will no longer get 22 mithril ores without mining them.

Ah well.

Mysterious Old Man, you will be missed.

Gf free xps.

What are you talking about? We still have the squeal of fortune which give you medium and small xp lamps as rewards and both very common.