Tip.it Monster Hunt - Kalphite Queen & King Black Dragon!

tmht-banner.png

KQ and KBD - Coinshare!

Kalphite Queen and King Black Dragon

Time and Date

Kalphite Queen

• Date: Saturday 11th February
    Time: 7PM GMT - 2PM EST - 11AM PST

gre_1328986800.png

King Black Dragon

• Date: Saturday 11th February
    Time: 10PM EST - 7PM PST - 2PM ACT (on Sunday 12th February)

bla_1329015600.png

Friend Chats

• Kalphite Queen:
    Host: "Octarine"
    Co-host/s: Ezkaton, Ambler3

• King Black Dragon:
    Host: "Komodo Jo"
    Co-host/s: Dark X Nick

Server and Location

See below for the details of each event. The worlds will be announced in both friends chats sometime before the start of the event. Coinshare will be on for the duration of each event.

Kalphite Queen

• We will meet at the Shantay pass on a world that will be announced in the friends chat before the event. When the event starts, we will run through the desert to the Kalphite lair and all the way to the Kalphite Queen to begin the fight. Those who have not entered the Kalphite hive before will need to set up some ropes, see the requirements section for more details

• tmht_shantaypass.png

King Black Dragon

• We will meet in Edgeville on a world that will be announced in the friends chat before the event. When the event starts, we will run north through the wilderness to the King Black Dragon lair to begin the fight. BEWARE OF PKERS and only bring items that you are willing to lose.
    This event also has an alternative outfit that attendants are encouraged to wear for fun! (and a bit of a challenge)

• tmht_edgeville.png

The Bosses

• Kalphite Queen: She is level 333, has two forms, and can deal high damage with both magic and ranged. The first will use Protect from Magic and Ranged, so it is recommended to use melee to attack. The second form uses Protect from Melee, so it is recommended to bring a ranged weapon or
Verac's armour set to deal damage to her during the second form.

• King Black Dragon: He is level 276 and has freezing, poison, and dragonfire attacks, in addition to a standard melee attack. An anti-fire method such as an
Antifire potion or Super antifire potion is REQUIRED to fight him.

Inventory & Equipment

• Kalphite Queen
    Set-ups should emphasise high melee defence and players should use the Protect from Magic prayer. The set-up below uses the Verac's barrows set to deal good damage to both forms of the Queen. Higher level players may wish to bring weapon switches or the void set to deal higher damage. See the
Tip.it Kalphite Queen guide for more detailed information on set-ups and tactics.

• [set=aura:id,head:618,cape:4301,neck:4309,quiver:id,weapon:2008,body:3338,shield:id,legs:4616,gloves:4675,boots:7070,ring:8849]

• Inventory: Boosting potions, prayer potions, antipoison potion/s, good food, special weapon, one-click teleport. Familiars can be used to hold extra food or deal damage, but they are not required.

• King Black Dragon
    While making our way to the King Black Dragon lair there will be a constant risk of Pkers, so only bring items you are willing to lose. A stab weapon is recommended to exploit his stab-weakness, such as a Chaotic rapier, Zamorakian spear, or Leaf-bladed sword. Melee set-ups should emphasise magic defence and the Protect from Melee prayer should be used. Players using ranged should use the Protect from Magic prayer instead. There is also an optional set-up just for fun :) See the
Tip.it King Black Dragon guide for more detailed information on set-ups and tactics.

• Melee set-up:
    [set=aura:id,head:6698,cape:10597,neck:1324,quiver:id,weapon:9911,body:2365,shield:2059,legs:1353,gloves:4675,boots:7070,ring:id]

• Ranged set-up:
    [set=aura:id,head:2688,cape:10778,neck:1324,quiver:7528,weapon:5416,body:2365,shield:2059,legs:1353,gloves:4675,boots:4230,ring:id]

• Optional set-up for fun:
    [set=aura:id,head:2613,cape:id,neck:id,quiver:id,weapon:1010,body:6653,shield:2059,legs:2841,gloves:id,boots:7070,ring:id]

• Inventory: Boosting potions, prayer potions, anti-fire potions, anti-poison potions, good food, special weapon, one-click teleport. Familiars can be used to hold extra food or deal damage, but they are not required.

Requirements

• Kalphite Queen
    70+ in each combat stat
    43+ Prayer
    One Shantay pass or coins
    Those who have not visited the Kalphite Queen before will need to bring two ropes to enter her lair.

• King Black Dragon
    70+ in each combat stat
    43+ Prayer
    Antifire measure: EITHER an Anti-dragon shield with an Antifire potion OR Super antifire potions.

Friends Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
    Silver stars are CO HOSTS.
    Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
    Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats, should we need to.
    Players who wish to join the hunt can post on this thread, PM the host ingame, or join the chat before the event :) everyone will be added for coinshare so don't worry!
    If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in either of the chats. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

[item=162][item=4568][item=6967][item=2613]

Additionally, we are looking for feedback on set-up images. Do you prefer the screenshots used in past events, or the forum BBCode used here?

Bring on the drops! :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Should be epic! I'll be sure to test my Keris out at Kq. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think the previous screenshots were better because of their inventory pictures. Without inventory pics I'm kind of clueless as to how many of certain potions I should bring.

I'll be at KQ because the KBD isn't in my timezone D:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Looking forward to this! :)

Super Antifires and OVL's on stand-by!

I can't stand the new Verac's looks, so I think I'll be using my best gear for KQ, shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm sure Rapier will do reasonable damage.

Any gear is fine, kills should be fast anyway :) You might want to bring a weapon switch for her second form though, such as a crossbow with bolts.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Hopefully I can make it to this one :| haven't been able to in ageees

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I might be able to make the KQ :) Except this will be interesting because I've never actually fought her before lolol.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I might be able to make the KQ :) Except this will be interesting because I've never actually fought her before lolol.

It takes the KQ longer to respawn than it does for a 4 man team to kill it. All you do is spam it with melee then ranged and eat when you have to.

KQ is easy. She can be curb-stomped with 2-3 people alone.

Unsure if I could make it to either event. Will be occupied on Saturday and that was the only event that looks remotely interesting (KQ head anybody?). Good luck on the loot for those going to either. :P

• Optional set-up for fun:
    [set=aura:id,head:2613,cape:id,neck:id,quiver:id,weapon:1010,body:6653,shield:2059,legs:2841,gloves:id,boots:7070,ring:id]

• Inventory: Boosting potions, prayer potions, anti-fire potions, anti-poison potions, good food, special weapon, one-click teleport. Familiars can be used to hold extra food or deal damage, but they are not required.

I actually want to see alot of people come in this gear. As for me; I'll try to come to both events but idk if i'll be there forsure.

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Should be able to make it again. With the sheer number of people going i'll probably mess around with the Keris.

Good to know I'm not the only one who will try this! :lol:

Wonder how fast kills will be if everyone uses Keris... :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Should be able to make it again. With the sheer number of people going i'll probably mess around with the Keris.

Good to know I'm not the only one who will try this! :lol:

Wonder how fast kills will be if everyone uses Keris... :unsure:

In my experience Keris (P++) > whip for Kalphite Soldiers, but it's too inaccurate for the KQ. Still, if you hit AND get a "triple-hit" you can cause massive damage, so it basically would come down to how often people were getting the "triple-hits" on her. You can do over 1k damage with one of those. :shock:

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png

Start of the event (82 people):

kq1.png

after about 2 and a half hours, decided to leave and then got my hopes up and then dashed with this split

kq2.png

:) Great fun though :)

safersbanner.png

:twss:

My friends chat decided to bandos after 4 nature rune drops in a row. |^_^|

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Might make it to the KBD event if I can get some gear :/ poor as atm

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!