The Back Room

stevepole

That was intentional, Lynx. Unless you're dyslexic. Otherwise, I think you're probably just failing an attempt to be endearing. -.-

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex...I do have a spelling problem. I'm a phonetic speller, like my dad. With a keyboard and no spell chesck, I spell things badly. And, I'm the one who spelt sock wrong during my first RPG here, remember?

Lynx, you're either using it as a gimmick or made a silly but forgivable mistake. Resistance's name was in the post RIGHT ABOVE yours, and is still visible while your posting if you scroll a little...

If you don't know how something is spelled, look it up... That's how I learned, and you're smart enough that it shouldn't take even a moment.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex. Stop. I don't bother scrolling up for names. And the only time I use a dictionary is for definitions. I can no longer spell spaghetti correctly on the first try. And there is nothin g wrong with being a phonetic speller.

Aside from being too lazy to make your writing moderately easy to comprehend to a reader. I believe we have had this argument before with earth, it's not that hard to use a damned spell check (hell most every browser has one built in) and it really does help with making you look vaguely intelligent. Also with repetition you will learn the correct spelling of various words that crop up regularly in daily writing, thus speeding up your writing speed. All in all, it's simply about how much effort you're willing to put into your writing to make it easy to understand, you don't have a spelling problem, you have a problem of not putting any damned effort into making yourself understood.

LNYvk.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5GcYeh7XA&feature=related

Nex. Stop. I don't bother scrolling up for names. And the only time I use a dictionary is for definitions. I can no longer spell spaghetti correctly on the first try. And there is nothin g wrong with being a phonetic speller.

One of the things that really helped me become a slightly better speller....not looking at the keyboard.

If you don't have a spell checker (IE8 Today, IE8 Tommorrow, IE8 FOREVER) then you NEED to learn how to touch type.

Then you can look at the screen while you type and thus see the mistakes as you make them.

Polotic looks wrong, but if I just typeed polotics, then I might not realuse I had made any mistakes untill I looked up again.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

One of the things that really helped me become a slightly better speller....not looking at the keyboard.

If you don't have a spell checker (IE8 Today, IE8 Tommorrow, IE8 FOREVER) then you NEED to learn how to touch type.

Then you can look at the screen while you type and thus see the mistakes as you make them.

Polotic looks wrong, but if I just typeed polotics, then I might not realuse I had made any mistakes untill I looked up again.

Doesn't everyone below the age of 30 know how to do that in this day and age? (It's mandatory in schools now)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I just type, re-read, and fix any errors. Simple as hell, no spell check involved, and it's fun.

Edit: Damnit Archi, that sounds so different from the variation my school played that i'm all confuzzeled.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

IE8? FIREFOXES! KILL THE INFIDEL WITH FLAMES!

And as I said, most American Conservatives are stupid. Fox news is the best example of this. Seriously, try watching an hour of their commentator's shows. It's almost as funny as the Daily Show, except they're trying to be serious.

[Removed political rant]

*Goes on a mild rampage, occasionally swearing* Look. I'm a phonetic speller. I am not going to change that. EVER! Jeeze, I don't make fun of people with spelling problems. Or any sort of problem for that matter. I know kids with dyslexia, I know kids who HAVE to be in a wheelchair for most of their lives, I know kids with diseases, I know kids with cancer, I know kids with ADHD (including myself), ADD, OCD, Asburgers (can't spell that one), Autism and some Bipolars. I know kids who don't know what 5x6 is, and they're my age! If any of you are stupid enough to think any of that is funny, youre wrong. SO BACK OFF OF MY PROBLEM, YOU JERKS!!!!!

And as I said, most American Conservatives are stupid. Fox news is the best example of this. Seriously, try watching an hour of their commentator's shows. It's almost as funny as the Daily Show, except they're trying to be serious.

Average southerners political thoughts: Naw I can here dun have a president that'll gimme more welfare and make ma life better? This dun sound gooder than fried alligator. Oh wait, he's a [racist term] and lets the queers get married? Lemme go an vote for that repubbican whoull only cut tackses fer the rich uns.

I hope the latter two paragraphs aren't in relation to the current discussion...?

*Goes on a mild rampage, occasionally swearing* Look. I'm a phonetic speller. I am not going to change that. EVER! Jeeze, I don't make fun of people with spelling problems. Or any sort of problem for that matter. I know kids with dyslexia, I know kids who HAVE to be in a wheelchair for most of their lives, I know kids with diseases, I know kids with cancer, I know kids with ADHD (including myself), ADD, OCD, Asburgers (can't spell that one), Autism and some Bipolars. I know kids who don't know what 5x6 is, and they're my age! If any of you are stupid enough to think any of that is funny, you’re wrong. SO BACK OFF OF MY PROBLEM, YOU JERKS!!!!!

Lynx, we're not trying to make you feel insulted or make fun of your problem. We're trying to make you a better person. The several of the Taverners have Aspergers, I think there might be one or two other varieties of Autism, most of us are ADD or ADHD, not sure if we have any dyslexics, and what does being in a wheelchair/Bipolar/having cancer/a disease/OCD have anything to do with it?

We're just saying... If you read any of Earth's old posts, he was MANY times worse than you with spelling, but the Taverners talked to him about it and within less than a month (IIRC) he was typing better than most folks I know. If you try, there's a way to overcome many problems (I'd like to say we're living testament to that... but it's still dysfunction junction in other ways), and you only better yourself in the process.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

... What do you have against typing, jeez. :blink:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh good.

Also nice to meet you whoever-you-are. Welcome to the Tavern.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, shut up! No one can make me become a better typer, not even you! So shut up!

To be honest, you just seem like you're being down right lazy about it. No offense, but how you type does represent you in its own little way. If you type like that without a reasonable excuse, (lets face it, you don't have one at all) then you won't be respected or viewed as very mature. The fact that you're blowing up at Nex for trying to give you advice and refusing to learn to type properly is another sign of this. Seriously, chill out and just learn to spell. I mean, yeah, it doesn't really bother me much. BUT, the fact that you're making excuses AND attacking Nex over it, kinda rubs me the wrong way. Just saying.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Average southerners political thoughts: Naw I can here dun have a president that'll gimme more welfare and make ma life better? This dun sound gooder than fried alligator. Oh wait, he's a [racist term] and lets the queers get married? Lemme go an vote for that repubbican whoull only cut tackses fer the rich uns.

STEREOTYPES GO

a70c7.png

We do games. Lots of games. Alternatively, just come to chuckle at the crazies.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

STEREOTYPES GO

Hey, stereotypes are a perfectly valid way of characterizing people. NPCs are generally a representation of this. If there is a NPC in a bar someplace shouting at the bartender and generally slurring words, we assume that they are drunk. And because they are NPCs, it means they are drunk.

Or as Icu said yesterday, Hello Unnamed NPC 1

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

STEREOTYPES GO

Sterotypes are sterotypes for a reason.

Now I say good day to you sir *Lifts bowler hat* I am off to sweep chimenies with my flying umbrella and shoot some goolies, before taking tea in the Billiard Room.

Slang for Native Africans

Edit: Damnit Archi, that sounds so different from the variation my school played that i'm all confuzzeled.

I was originally looking for this tune, and found the two alternate ones.

I am still alive, their impotance is proved :grin:

And on a related to the other discussion point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNJkrXO1oqI&feature=related

Adam Smith mispelled Causes :thumbup:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

See I agreed with Nex that Lynx should improve her spelling (it does effect how people will view in the future, and as the world is becoming more digital, you should probably consider it) but up to the point he said 'better person' I kind of just went "nah"

Also yes, some people have problems, but I don't see how you being a phonetic speller (even though some of your mistakes aren't even phonetic) had anything to do with cancer, ADHD (which is probably the most diagnosed mental disorder) really, because their problems are pretty much degrees worse and life changing.

Also furthermore, it is EXTREMELY easy to become diagnosed with a mental disorder. Like I know many people who are apparently suffering from ADHD and such, but they're just jerks and use their 'disorder' to just be jerks.

Heck I am self diagnosed with OCD, but I've never gone to get it checked out and I rarely bring it up because I don't see WHY people would tell others about something wrong with them, it's just not a good conversation in my opniion

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Hah, the only thing separating Earth from getting As all the time is probably his handwriting now.

I know his work his good, but sometimes teachers bump off a letter grade or two because it's not legible half the time. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I would resent that if it weren't so true and so hilarious. I love it when Teachers get pissed at me because my handwriting is bad.. I am trying to improve it though.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]