The Back Room

stevepole

We need something new, refreshing and exciting to distract us so that we can come back and play Hegemony and Dungeoneering without it being boring.

What about dynasties? It was new and refreshing and pretty easy to play, I just don't think I'm very good with keeping numbers and there is not much points for only four players but we could make a game a bit like that.

Anyway, Delta V's coming soon so that will be new and refreshing.

I will start picture dungeoneering based on how many peopel want to play, if its a bit than I will start it but otherwise I'm not going to make a game for a small couple.

For picture dungeoneering I've decided that I don't want to draw pictures of items, just places.

Map drawing is done after.

[Falador tavern]

hate... barroth. he's a friggen demonic mud beast, and even tho i got ALL the mud off of him, even the stuff on his head, i couldnt sever the tail, and he healed after killing me..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Something new...hmm...a nice little idea has flickered to life within my mind.

It would be mainly a reading game, therefore the mod (probably myself) will write a story, but at the end of each post I would provide a multiple choice set of actions to choose from. My next post would then be affected by the choices and not by a roll of the dice.

Of course I would need to figure out a way to balance it for multiple players, and will have to utilize hide tags as each person's story post would be quite long. (Grouped players would make it easier)

Also, the type of multiple choice actions you had access to would be dependant on your race/class combination.

Its just an idea for now, but a project I'm willing to work on if there is interest.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I did one of those games a while ago...Play by PM works very well.

Play a week or two, then summerise for posting.

Doing it by PM would make it a little difficult for players who happened to be grouped, unless they decided to coordinate with each other through PM as well.

The world setting would be the same for all players and they would get to create their own character within the limits of the world setting.

The public posting would make it easier to choose an action that might lead them to someone they might want to group with. (Some obstacles might prove difficult otherwise, but not impossible, since there are those Lone Wolf types)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Perhaps, but for players who want to be sneaky and devious?

IRC posting would work well if you want it to be entirely public...Downside is that players have to be on when you are on...and the story will move very fast.

Combination of all three is probably alot of work, and is not overly succesful *Chin stroke smily*

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Oh, I forgot we all like to kill each other in Tavern games. lol.

You prove a very good point. I'll probably start working on a map once I get my new computer, as well as draw everyone's character. (if ppl dont mind anime that is).

But in the meantime I can work out the kinks on paper, so that I can get it started with a more organised outlook as to how I'm going to pull it off.

Afterall, the point of the game is for me to write to my heart's content, and for the players to simply choose A, B, C, or D. *grin*

Lqt9R.png

We could always play a sort of wink murder but maybe add some complex rules.

One person is the detective.

One person is the murderer.

The murderer PM's the mod who in turn PM's the person who is to be murdered, he is then killed.

The detective has to work out who is the murderer before all of the people are dead.

We could adapt it slightly though.

[Falador tavern]

The murderer PM's the mod who in turn PM's the person who is to be murdered, he is then killed.

The detective has to work out who is the murderer before all of the people are dead.

This is an interestingly intriguing idea. Its different and might fetch a decent number of players if its modded right. :)

Lqt9R.png

This is an interestingly intriguing idea. Its different and might fetch a decent number of players if its modded right. :)

It would definately work but only if we add something to it.

I wouldn't enjoy playing your game its too restrictive.

[Falador tavern]

Would depend (Leys game)...If the options were 4 things I wouldn't do then no, it wouldn't be enjoyable....

Or we could do it like this:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000219

In word mode you would describe a scene and we would suggest what you could do(in a nice, forum rules friendly, way).

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

TF2. get it. it is epic.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

okay, it didnt work, but this is hilarious as a comic thing. you should see it..

DMFA

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

A bit too furry for my tastes (And by "A bit" I mean "A lot")

I like Awkward Zombie. It's a little fangirl-ish, but some of the strips are really funny.

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1.php

THIS IS HOW YOU DO A VIDEOGAME WEBCOMIC.

TIM BUCKLEY, START TAKING NOTES SO YOU CAN IMPROVE THAT CTRL-ALT-DELETE ABOMINATION THAT YOU CALL A LEGITIMATE COMIC.

[hide]comic155.png [/hide]

[hide]comic154.png[/hide]

2Xeo5.png

MH3 humor for the last one? personally, im going to make some perception chainmail stuff. im sure i can get more stuff from caping a monster, rather than killing it..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

what two words? and really, i think im going to have to farm till i have a set off all the gems i need.. bah.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

oh, and double postage, but DMFA (the comic i sent you too) isnt that furry. its got some good jokes on it.. heh.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The F in the achronym stands for furry. It's proclaiming itself as furry, so I'd say it's pretty furry.

I have nothing against furries, but it's not something I'm into, and that comic has gone way past the line of what I'm willing to accept.

2Xeo5.png

ok then. im usually in it for the jokes, and.. basically its just animals with fur dude...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]