The Back Room

stevepole

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT CONVERSATION, PIE! ALL HUMANITY IS AT RISK FROM THE GREAT JAG- Oh wait... it's a game... riiiiight. Nevermind.

I liked SoN, Pie, but I might not be able to play while I'm hunting dinosaurs.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

GS users? oh, but ive combined the imunizers with lots more stuff... are they rare at all?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Not really, you get them by mixing some common ingredients.

Nex, he shouldn't recover after limping. For good measure, hold back on your attacks when you think he's on low health. The limp animation is quite distinct from the regular one, and he should start heading towards a nest. If he gets to the nest, he'll fall asleep.

If he's asleep, that means he is definitely ready to be captured, but otherwise, just watch out for the limp above everything else.

2Xeo5.png

wait.. does he limp, leave an area, then start charging at you? then he's pissed, which, while he's still hurt, makes him move faster, without a limp. its annoying when i have too face a pissed off quropeco. oh, and what ingredients, ross? usually find it from harvesting fish.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

odly enough, ive never found toadstools. where are they? i need them to make poison shots.. oh. and you'll only ever catch me with a bowgun when im in a group.. cause i tried killing a great jaggi by meself with the thing, and i nearly got scrwed. only chopping his head off with the slice ammo did anything productive.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Nope, but on an unrelated note, what happened to the Tavern? I've migrated over to Off-topic and its subforums lol. Is it a lack of interest or ppl just don't feel like modding?

If its the modding issue, I'm working on an RP like dungeoneering that I'll mod when I get my new computer soon.

Its a matter of modding and interest.

Modding wise, even though Dungeoneering seems really simple to mod, it is actually a major task and will give you a major headache after a few days=P

Interest wise...People are sick of games that fizzle out, don't challange or are 'You will do this' types.

Since they are almost all built around the Hegemony style Grand Campaign, or the Dungeoneering style Adventure...the styles are getting tired.

Hegemony, wonderful though it is, always repeats itself, and despite people saying 'this time we will do X', after a week people have changed, got committed to things, and fall back into old habits,

Dungeoneering...well basically it has been over done, people start with a half baked idea, like pirates, stargate or evolution, then try to muddle through, ending up crashing out because there is no collective font of knowladge to draw on...

I say Witch, you know what a Witch is, roughly....I say Chain Shot, ZPM or Bioluminesence, and instantly there is a 'Err, what?' in people's minds.

Not only that Pirates, Stargates and Evolution having driving forces...you will proceed down this path of being a pirate or an explorer or a creature...If you want to open a shop then, most of the time, the mod makes it hard...then blows it up.

So...I would say it is a lack of a good moderator, more than anything else...you need to be creative enough to create problems and barriers which can be overcome, adaptive enough to not have one way to complete the puzzle only...And you need the patience and backbone to be crushingly honest, but sympathetic at the same time.....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

kk. ill try it later.. tis late here. anyways, what are your recent huntin exploits, eh? im still after those friggen queropecos so i can make this axe..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I wouldn't bother, really. That axe has such a low green sharpness bar that you'll spend more time sharpening than actually fighting.

I killed a few more lagiacrus' today. Damned desire sensor is just messing me around. 3 lagia sapphires (5%~ drop rate), while the item I need, lagia horn+, has a 45% drop rate and I have not got a single one.

Still, I beat my best time with a group of pretty awesome randoms.

2Xeo5.png

nice. and, fine, ill try for different items requiring the junk... tho my current hammer is litytle better. d'you know what drps monster bone L's, and... fuuu, i frogot the last ingredient i needed to ask about..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Searching through pages to find a post or two NOT related to Monster Hunter is making my brain hurt. -_-

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

go back to the beginning then.. it doesnt have any MH3 posts on it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why would I read posts irrelevant to recent non MH3 posts. Your logic is flawed, good sir. :P

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

well, you said looking for posts not realted to MH3 was giving you a headache. so the logical solution is to go to the front page, when, at that time, only ross had even heard of the game..you didnt say you wanted to read the posts about MH3,

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why would I read posts irrelevant to recent non MH3 posts. Your logic is flawed, good sir. :P

^still states I dont want to.

You're missing the point here. It is near impossible to even try and hold a conversation with all these MH3 posts in the wrong topic at such a rapid pace. Its quite annoying tbh.

Lqt9R.png

well, we have no topic here, altho, i could get MH fanatic ross to make a thread...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

There is already a thread...

Lqt9R.png

I think the Tavern is being driven to extinction by other games.

I mean, we had HnH which pretty much drained a lot of activity from the tavern,

Dwarf Fortress which drained more activity from the tavern,

And now MH3, which is just vacuuming up what's left.

THIS DISPLEASES ME.

Screw it, I'm restarting SoN. Except.... it'll be different. I'll develop a first post and st00f and first session will be tomorrow.

a70c7.png

See, two other people who agree with me.

Earthsage, why the hell would we need a thread when there is already a thread? Why can't you be [bleep]ed to make three clicks and arrive in Video games and consoles, the tavern is for playing games not talking about them; I sort of like H&H and Dwarf Fortress because we are sort of getting together and playing them, Monsters Hunters just something we are talking about.

Pie, new thread?

[Falador tavern]

cause of the fact that i actually get lost outside of the tavern. the other main forums and sub forums confuzzle me.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

cause of the fact that i actually get lost outside of the tavern. the other main forums and sub forums confuzzle me.

http://forum.tip.it/forum/95-video-games-consoles/

Though, to be honest, I rarely leave the tavern...People on other threads tend to do nothing exciting...or you write something and it gets totally ignored...so...

I think the Tavern is being driven to extinction by other games.

I mean, we had HnH which pretty much drained a lot of activity from the tavern,

Dwarf Fortress which drained more activity from the tavern,

And now MH3, which is just vacuuming up what's left.

I like Hegemony and Dungeoneering...However they are both tired concepts.

We need something new, refreshing and exciting to distract us so that we can come back and play Hegemony and Dungeoneering without it being boring.

Course, the moderator plays a big part in making games enjoyable.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

aye, true enough. ill probably come back soon, unless this game s exceptionally good at keeping my attention..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]