The Back Room

stevepole

Trick with humans is finding the broad principles...everyone has them...after that you just have to work out how they interpret them...which is much more difficult.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Hopefully getting my light-mc licence tomorrow.

Also I've been making a game that uses 90% PHP scripting, it's hegemony style starting at 2012 passing at 10 years every week where global warming has been put on pause. The only thing I'm missing is a combat system, so unless I get some help with finding out the basics for it then you'll have to do without war. Also it has negative/positive random events which occur once every decade.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

i got monster hunter tri! go me. and kk nex. i usually try to find the spelling mistakes, but sometimes i dont want ninja posts..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

The level with lagiacrus, where you have to kill the things near him, what ever they were. Proves that careful caution is not always the answer, reckless rushing all the way.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

riight. ill egt to playing right naow. want to see if i made a good investment.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Original hegemony with a moderator calculating what is reasonable and how many people die per fight, mods descision isn't final it can be overided if the majority agree's they're wrong.

I think this would be a lot of fun.

[Falador tavern]

hey, ross, what weapon would you recomend for me, sword, greatsword, lance, hammer, or bowgun?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Lance FTW!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

im using the bowgun right now. ill ry out all the other weapons in turn to see which i like..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Okay, lets see...

Lance is easy to pick up and use right off, but it's difficult to optimize; possibly the most difficult weapon in the game to do so with. I use this one personally, and it has the worst maneuverability in the game, but makes you nigh on invincible if used right, but, keeping this in mind, the shield should not be thought of as your own personal protection device, it should be thought of as a tool which allows you to take advantage of openings other weapons simply cannot get to. If you go with lance, NEVER, EVER EVER use the charge attack. It eats sharpness, does little damage, and sends teammates flying.

Sword and shield is useful for inflicting status effects, mainly. It's raw damage isn't too great, but it makes a nice support weapon, and has excellent maneuverability. It has a shield, and you can use items with your weapon drawn, which is a nice additon, especially with the wide range skills (They allow your potions to affect your team as well as you). Can't really go wrong with this one.

Greatsword is fairly difficult to use, but can inflict great damage if you learn to use it properly. You want high raw, elemental damage is less important since you attack a lot slower. They're slow as hell, which is why your greatsword should almost always be sheathed. The game tells you that the level 3 charge is one of the most powerful moves in the game, and it does not lie. It does absurd amounts of damage with the right skills, but it's hard to learn when you have an opening to use it. Avoid upswinging, especially when near a cliff (Countless times idiots with greatswords have flung me off a waterfall)

Hammers are awesome, to be honest. Like the greatsword, you need to avoid upswinging. They have better maneuverability than most weapons, and the ability to KO monsters, which is incredibly handy. The two main attacks are superpound and triple pound. Superpound is the one that KOs, triple pound is for when you want to deal as much damage as possible. KO damage only counts if it hits the head, so that is where all superpounds should be aimed.

Longswords are the bane of all decent players online. Everyone and their dog uses a longsword, and 90% are really bad with it. It CAN be a good weapon, but you really need to know how not to trip your teammates, and the main issue with this is learning not to spam the spirit combo over and over again, because it is one of the annoying moves (For everyone around you) in the game. If you choose this, prepare to be ranted at, a lot. People will judge you (with arguably good reason) to be a moron before they see you. All they need to know is your name, and that there is a longsword symbol next to it. This is because that 90% of the longsword users are completely and utterly incompetant.

Switch axes... I don't have much to say about switch axes because I don't know much about them. I know that you should never do the X X XXXXXX infinite combo, but thats about it.

Bowguns can be incredibly useful, but they tend to be glass cannons (The final elder dragon, Alatreon, will often one hit a maxed out bowgunner if they let him hit them) You need to learn how to stay the hell out of danger while still keeping a good fire rate up. If you want raw damage, use pierce and crag shots. Never use cluster shot online, it is almost as annoying as the spirit combo. Most bowgunners act as status support, since they can carry status shots, and in particular, paralysis shots. There are a lot of guides out there which help creation of bowguns with certain things (Rapidfire crag, pierce, or status shots, for example) They can also get shots which heal teammates, and they are sort of helpful later on, when one false move will [bleep] you over completely and utterly (Failing to dodge Deviljho's bite, for example)

2Xeo5.png

That sounds like an awesome game. What are the spirit/infinite combos and what's cluster shot?

Also, if I were to join your little team, what role would you need the most?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hmmm, want to get a little discussion going on here.

So this girl I have on my facebook, was totally in love with this guy, and I mean she was obsessed, basic worship EVERY status (Yes I mean every) had his name in it and she would continouesly say how much she loved him. So a couple of days ago, this guy, proposes to her with a ring, and I note the engaged status on Facebook, which I thought was pretty sweet as their anniversary is today. Then today, I think I believe I seen one of the biggest [bleep] moves ever. She planned a surprise anniversary gift for him, and it wasn't to his liking, so you know what he did? He called off the engagement, told her she was an attention seeker, and said he never wanted her in his life in the first place. Yes, this guy broke up with his girlfriend cause his surprise anniversary wasn't to his liking. So there she is being all mopey on facebook, and there are people comforting her, he then shouts at all of the people comforting her, saying she is putting it on, and then threatens everyone that he'd beat the hell out of all of them because it is none of their business. So some of the more adult guys, are all like, bring it on, and he said, he'd have them all, then said he's older (which he is, he is like 20 sumthing) and he said he'd beat the hell out of this 16 year old guy who was good friends with this girl, because apparently saying he was a bad boyfriend is against his morals... And he thinks he is gunna get away with it because he is "skitzofrenic" Yes... That is how he spelled that. Apparently this guy was planning to dump her before he got engaged to her, and that he is also a women beater, which is always quick to deny.

So anyway, I'm asking peoples opinions on abusers, be it boys or girls, in and out of relationships, I know it is a rather touchy subject, so if it isn't allowed I'll edit the post out.

Personally if I was incharge of a country, every ass like this would be punished severly.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Should be blacklisted. That way the wider public can keep a look out, and they can easily find like-minded individuals. Abuse that doesn't provoke guilt deserves retribution.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If you ask me verbal (generally undocumented) and emotional abuse should be un punishable by law. If the guy's an ass people will treat him as such and he will have social repercussions. However I don't really see how physical abuse is any different from main stream assault (yes yes they are in a relationship big whoop). tl;dr: Physical abuse should be punishable as assault and documented verbal abuse could be counted as harassment but other than that relationship abuse should have no special punishments attached to it.

LNYvk.png

They should do it mathematically. Find some sort of average of beatings per day in an abusive relationship, and prosecute accordingly. For example, if there is an average of 0.1 beatings per day in an average abusive relationship. The relationship lasts for a year, and is proven abusive. Therefore, the person would be prosecuted for 36 counts of assualt.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I disagree, love should be the ultimate expression of trust and empathy. Those who abuse the concept of love, shattering their promises and the feelings of their companion, deserve to be treated on the same level as sexual criminals. Everyone, not just those close to them, should know what they did and despise them for it.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Wouldn't that be 37 Retech? As you round up :S?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I just dropped the five, for convenience.

Also Nex, how does that pertain to emotional and verbal abuse, or mathematically calculating punishments?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It pertains to my opinion of Grim's post, you ninja'd me.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So aside from your philosophical standpoint, what is your legal standpoint?

Feed them to the zombie carp, then immerse them in magma.

But, as I already said, their identities and crimes should be made highly public information like that of sexual criminals. Depending on the local society, I would advocate different levels of punishment. Someone might be able to handle 30 lashes, but if their neighbours stone them afterwards... Yeah.

I think moderate corporal punishment should be an option if requested by the victim, but I wouldn't advocate jailtime so long as the community is completely aware. They deserve to have their lives made as crappy as they made the lives of their former partners. Maybe even have the information removed from public view but still accessible after an amount of time equal or proportional to the time the person was in an abusive relationship, and show the person just how slow people can be to forget abuse...

RIP Dawngate ;-;

How would you prove that someone was verbally or emotionally abusive? Even in the United States, the reported rape cases are probaly much lower than the rapes that actually happen. This is something we can actually find evidence for, with rape kits. Even then, a large portion of rape cases are thrown out of court because there is insufficient evidence.

Now we're moving to verbal abuse. There is little to no evidence that can be presented, except for eyewitnesses and perhaps psychologists. In rape cases, this can be done as well, but the conviction rate is still low. We take out any possibility of physical evidence of any kind, and make the event much more common.

The jury would probaly either convict many innocent people or throw legitimate cases out of court left and right. Either solution would be detrimental, because to put things in the field of the law means that people will try to take advantage of it.