15-February-2012: The Rio Carnival � Bring On The Dancers!

ForsakenMage

I literally feel as if jagex said "let's invent a minor holiday and a piece of headgear to make it a legit inclusion into the game."

I prefer to make attempts at being more culturally sensitive so please watch how you word your posts.

No a lot of foreigners think Americans are dumb.

These words

I do not think you know what they mean

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in Belgium we do celebrate Carnaval these days, altough it does differ a lot from the Brazilian Carnival.

Ours has parades mostly for kids, and in Aalst there is the famous Aalst Carnaval, 4 days full of beer, parades with political mockery, travesty parties (the Voil Jeanetten) and more odd stuff. :P

Ash wednesday (february 22nd this year) is the beginning of the fast period (sp?) 40 days prior to Easter. The official carnival "season" starts at November 11th (11-11, eleven being the fool's number) every year.

Here, it involves dressing up, drinking, mocking the establishment and phony folklore marriages. The way it is celebrated here, it has some comparisons to the brazillian/carribean way of carnival.

I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be one big party before Lent begins (Where a substantial portion of Christians, specifically Catholics, and probably some Orthodox groups, go without many luxuries for the 40 days leading up to Easter). It's actually pretty prevalent in the Americas. The US has its equivalent in Mardi Gras, and I'm guessing that most of us have at least heard of heard of Carnival (It was even the subject of a Simpsons episode, from when they were still funny).

The point being that it isn't some holiday that Jagex invented to give us a silly hat.

Well said.

And yes, you can't forget Mardi Gras in New Orleans!

I don't see the problem with Jagex making another mini holiday event....

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I laughed a bit too hard at that.

It makes a good point, though. Wouldn't you agree? ;)

~D. V. "It's both funny and serious... right?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Very brief summary of the Q&A from last night:

Effigies

Despite lots of ideas and feedback from the Community regarding the Effigy update, Mark has no plans to make any further changes to Effigies. Somewhat vague responses when asked why it took Jagex so long to make this update. Mod Mark and Stevew only have 3 Effigies between them.

FPS Issue

They are aware of the problem and it is the number one priority of the engine team at the moment.

The Fight Kiln

The Fight Kiln was designed to be difficult for the average Scaper, not those who are skilled at MHing which is why a player with 1 Defence has managed to complete it. They are also considering tweaks to the stats and appearance of the cape and also making it work on Ice Strykes. The resurrection rewards from the Karamja tasks will not be added to the Fight Kiln.

There are no promises of a sequel to the Elder Kiln quest. There are plans to make it so you pay for the recharge of the Tokkul-Zo ring based on the number of charges rather than a flat rate of 50k tokkul.

Future Content

The Q&A session mentioned a fair few future updates, many of them we already know about but here's a list:

• Graphical updates for all areas of Runescape eventually
  • Adamant Dragons will be added in the future
  • A Penguin quest will be released later in the year
  • No specifics on when the armour update will be completed, but Bandos is expected in late 2012, possibly next year
  • The 10 year Veteran Cape will be released later this year
  • A new version of the "Bounty Hunter" minigame is being planned
  • Range updates planned this year
  • Updates to Magic capes expected this year
  • "Big plans" for combat later in the year
  • An "awesome" Runecrafting update planned for this year (Most likely the RC minigame)
  • The GWD will receive a graphical overhaul this year
  • New Dragon and Kalphite bosses will be released later this year (Queen Black Dragon and Kalphite King)
  • More Dungeoneering Sagas
  • Possible update to Dungeoneering to discourage Rushing and to improve solo xp a bit, group Dungeoneering will continue to be the best experience.
  • Potentially more Tzhaar titles based on your stats and also some God related ones
  • Updates to citadel resources
  • Toolkit and "extra features" to be added to Dungeoneering in the near future
  • Plans for a high level update to Smithing via the POP method later in the year
  • Possible plans for weather cycles to be introduced into Runescape, although Stevew was a bit vague saying "I'd say the chances of that are fair to good, becoming brighter later"
  • No news on RuneFest 2012

Other Content

Jagex also dismissed some ideas for future content:

• No plans to open up RSC again
  • No plans to finish the Champions Challenge D&D anytime soon
  • No plans to change the Highscores to include FTPers
  • No plans for Crossbows in Daemonheim
  • The stats of the Max Cape and Comp Cape will not be changed as they are not supposed to be the best capes in the game
  • No immediate plans for the finale of Dungeoneering, they are working on more Sagas instead
  • The Dragon Crossbow will not be released due to the existence of the Chaotic Crossbow
  • It's unlikely we will ever see any more of the TzHaar City
  • No plans for 2k+ worlds in the future

Player Moderators

Player Moderators are now less focussed on reporting and muting and more on engaging with the Community through events, workshops or just offering help to other players.

In order to become a Player Moderator you should be community focussed, helpful, enjoy playing Runescape and not so trigger happy with the 'Report' button. You should also be happy to be a Mod without the silver crown or ability to mute.

You can apparently use Q&A sessions to ask to be considered for Mod status or for feedback on your reports :thumbup:

Ok it was slightly less brief than I intended, but I think I got the main points. For the whole Q&A (including how to become famous in Runecape) here's the [qfc]14-15-659-63575753[/qfc].

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

• The stats of the Max Cape and Comp Cape will not be changed as they are not supposed to be the best capes in the game
  • No immediate plans for the finale of Dungeoneering, they are working on more Sagas instead
  • The Dragon Crossbow will not be released due to the existence of the Chaotic Crossbow

They're kidding, right?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I guess there is no news/progress on letting f2p players see their total XP summed up for them in-game...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I guess there is no news/progress on letting f2p players see their total XP summed up for them in-game...

You can't have higher numbers than 2,147,483,647 ingame.

You can't have higher numbers than 2,147,483,647 ingame.

Honestly, how many free players have that much xp anyway?

But I suppose if you want to know your total xp, you could just add it up yourself.

They're kidding, right?

Yeah, these made me pretty mad too.

1.I understand that the max cape isn't supposed to be the best, but seeing as the completionist cape requires you to complete every single bit of content in the entire goddamned game to wear it, yes I think it should stay the best.

2. [bleep] you, Jagex. Give us the finale.

3. They already confirmed they were releasing the dragon crossbow, along with the rest of the dragon items (kiteshield, warhammer, etc.) but I guess they're allowed to change their minds. But their reasoning is stupid. Just because there's a better crossbow already doesn't mean you can't release a dragon one. Give it a special attack, and keeping in mind that not everyone has 80 dungeoneering and 80 ranged, it could work out just fine.

4. Once again, [bleep] you, Jagex. They're a bunch of [rooster]-teases, telling us all about how great these "forbidden" cities and places are, and never giving them to us. "Eastern lands", "Priffidnas", "Arposandra", "TzHaar City", the list goes on and on...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Yeah, these made me pretty mad too.

3. They already confirmed they were releasing the dragon crossbow, along with the rest of the dragon items (kiteshield, warhammer, etc.) but I guess they're allowed to change their minds. But their reasoning is stupid. Just because there's a better crossbow already doesn't mean you can't release a dragon one. Give it a special attack, and keeping in mind that not everyone has 80 dungeoneering and 80 ranged, it could work out just fine.

Does everyone remember them releasing the Dragon plate and full helm? Both of them were already outclassed when they were released but they were made anyway. They were made because we wanted them. Some people want a dragon crossbow.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

I suppose a lot of it depends on the JMod in charge of particular content at a given time. One mod might say we won't see the TzHaar city because it's under lava but later another mod might decide it isn't so we can. Jagex are forever changing their mind :P

SLwQsg1.png

*The Dragon Crossbow will not be released due to the existence of the Chaotic Crossbow

*It's unlikely we will ever see any more of the TzHaar City

Jagex never said this. Whoever made the summary made the wrong conclusions.

Q:Are any new dragon weapons or armour being created?

A:Not right now.

Q:Can you confirm that the Dragon crossbow is indeed in development, and if so, around when it may be released?

A:The chaotic crossbow in dungeoneering IS the dragon crossbow in many ways apart from name.

Q:north of the tzhaar city is a massive door does this mean we will access more of the tzhaar city soon and if so what could it contain?

A:I've always liked the idea that the rest of the TzHaar city was under lava, in which case there wouldn't be too much for us to see. It's unlikely that you'll pass through those gates, but who knows.

Will given that they said the CCB is the Dragon Crossbow and there are no current plans for anymore Dragon weapons it seemed safe to assume that we wont see it anytime soon.

Also:

*It's unlikely we will ever see any more of the TzHaar City
I've always liked the idea that the rest of the TzHaar city was under lava, in which case there wouldn't be too much for us to see. It's unlikely that you'll pass through those gates, but who knows.

Not sure what other conclusions to draw from Jagex saying it's unlikely we will pass through those doors to the rest of the TzHaar city?

SLwQsg1.png

Does everyone remember them releasing the Dragon plate and full helm? Both of them were already outclassed when they were released but they were made anyway. They were made because we wanted them. Some people want a dragon crossbow.

Remember that people also complained after the release because they were outclassed. Especially with the plate.

Regarding the QA - I really didn't like some of the attitude in the replies :( A lot of them were "Well this is the way I like it so it's not going to change." I mean regarding effigies, people are split about the drop rates.. but I think almost everyone agrees that limiting it to 5 effigies at a time was a poor decision and not the way to go. People have offered better alternatives (i.e. "can only open 5 every x period of time"). At the end of the day, Jagex shouldn't be doing just what the developers like/want. They should look at what the player base wants. In this case, the alternative are not unrealistic and they still support Jagex's wish to remove the hoarding/mass opening of effigies. But it's a much better solution for people who want to save effigies for when they can open them.

It seems like this all comes down to what Mod Mark personally wants and that's not the right way to go about it. I'd at least like to hear why he thinks his current method is better than limiting how many you can open in a given amount of time. Unless I missed it, he completely ignored the questions like that and just said "Well this is how I want it so that's how it will be."

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Could someone make a time travel machine and warn Andrew to fire Mark?

If someone would invent a time machine, I highly doubt they would even think of using it for an online game.