Guest Rob

Wow. Just... wow.

In no particular order...

Damint Mako! You have a girlfriend! We don't need the drama when she finds out you told Korra you love her and then kissed her!

Holy shit. When Tarlokk blew up the boat with he and Amon/Noatak... Just... holy shit. That was a dark ending. I mean, explosive deaths are used a lot in kids shows to not show the death, but... there's no doubt that Tarlokk killed both himself and Amon.

Next season: Drama with Mako/Kora/Asami love triangle. I half wonder if she'll betray them.

Asami's father Hiroshi and the lieutenant are still around. The equalist movement suffered a devastating psychological blow when Amon was revealed to be a bender. But it'll survive.

I was always expecting Amon to be who he said he was. I was expecting there to not be a man behind the mask, as I expected Amon and his mask to be all there was to it, sorta like V for Vendetta. I thought it would be a big letdown if he ever took off his mask. You know what? I think I was wrong on all counts.

I was even surprised that they managed to give back everyone's bending at the end. I never expected Korra to be de-bended. I expected her to get it back when it happened. And then she gave everyone else their bending back. (Ok, not yet, probably hundreds or more have been debended, but still. A week tops is all it will take.) I really didn't expect them to come up with a non-cheesy way to give back bending. I half expected the really lame "Amon is dead, his work comes undone" thing to happen.

Overall... I feel like there were a lot of things I thought they wouldn't do, and would make the finale suck if they did them. Then they did them, but it was awesome.

As for a new enemy... I can't see Korra being able to be realistically threatened by anything now. What she might face:

1. They can still threaten her friends. If someone was holding like a knife to Mako's throat, (a platinum knife) how could she fight that?

2. The equalists suffered a major blow, but they're still alive and kicking. Korra can take them in a fight, but I'm actually hoping how they'll touch on something that was really missed in season 1 - the point the equalists had. The fact that the equalist movement started because non-benders were honestly being repressed by benders.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The finale was good, but I didn't like how Korra is able to restore bending to others. It kind of makes Amon look cheap now.

But holy crap, that murder/suicide by Tarrlok. Didn't see that one coming at all. Don't know how that was even greenlit by Nickelodeon.

[spoiler=To the above]Don't forget how it was heavily implied Korra was contemplating suicide too. Aang mentioned Avatars experience their greatest change at their lowest point, and Korra was at the edge of a cliff and mentally broken down. She might have thought of doing it since she believed she was unable to fulfill her role as the Avatar.

[spoiler=For the others...]@Squab: It is likely Hiroshi is in jail or totally broken now that he knows Asami won't forgive him anymore. As for her reverse bending, I assume it may take longer given there are priorities on who is restored, deciding if certain people should keep their bending (we know Lightning Bolt Zolt won't get his back) and a whole lot of other things are going to be in the way. As for threats, there are some untouched things like the criminal underworld and the divorcing of spirituality by most people might upset the spirit world.

@Nex: Interesting way of putting it, but wouldn't it be easily reverse-able once a healer notices the clots?

I am rather intrigued medical tech was advanced enough to where people could have flawless facial surgery, even with waterbending healing being a help.

The finale was good, but I didn't like how Korra is able to restore bending to others. It kind of makes Amon look cheap now.

But holy crap, that murder/suicide by Tarrlok. Didn't see that one coming at all. Don't know how that was even greenlit by Nickelodeon.

[spoiler=To the above]Don't forget how it was heavily implied Korra was contemplating suicide too. Aang mentioned Avatars experience their greatest change at their lowest point, and Korra was at the edge of a cliff and mentally broken down. She might have thought of doing it since she believed she was unable to fulfill her role as the Avatar.

[spoiler=For the others...]@Squab: It is likely Hiroshi is in jail or totally broken now that he knows Asami won't forgive him anymore. As for her reverse bending, I assume it may take longer given there are priorities on who is restored, deciding if certain people should keep their bending (we know Lightning Bolt Zolt won't get his back) and a whole lot of other things are going to be in the way. As for threats, there are some untouched things like the criminal underworld and the divorcing of spirituality by most people might upset the spirit world.

@Nex: Interesting way of putting it, but wouldn't it be easily reverse-able once a healer notices the clots?

I am rather intrigued medical tech was advanced enough to where people could have flawless facial surgery, even with waterbending healing being a help.

We don't know how much healers see and know about their patients, though. Could be just outright dead cells blocking a passage or something, which they probably couldn't fix, but maybe Energybending can create new spiritual passages or something?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

[hide]

While I have to say that I still don't like Amon being a bloodbender (I would have found it far more interesting if there actually were spirits involved), I think this was done quite well with that as the planned story. I just hope that they don't completely drop the topic of non-bender oppression. Saying "everything's alright now because Amon was a liar" would be wrong.

[/hide]

Especially the fact the person leading them was the thing they loathed, it might make it worse. Sure, the group is broken and decapitated, but they're still going to be there for awhile.

I am curious how Korra is going to find the time to restore bending to hundreds of people and how it will be organized. I assume there will be a fresh new council, Beifong restored as chief, and visible effects with laws in favor of non-benders.

Since Korra is essentially a realized avatar, how will they give an enemy? My bets are on spirits since it was mentioned people are abandoning the spiritual aspect of bending and could be a good plot point in the future. Or triads.

I would actually love to see stuff like Republic City sending captured Equalist mechs to try and fight that spirit-panda from season one, excavating the Great Library and firing missiles at the owl, wearing Amon-esque masks and somehow going to the spirit world to get rid of Koh...

A spirit war would be tragic and fascinating.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

This whole season gave me at least 3 more reasons for why waterbending is the most overpowered bending.

It can replicate other bending forms to some degree (ice for earth, boiling/scalding for fire burning, etc), it's only limited by creativity, and that it gets more broken every time medical science advances (read: more unique ways to toy with the human body down to the last muscle). For an element that is associated with caring, soothing, and healing, it seriously has the most potential for malicious and detrimental use that makes crushing/burying or roasting your enemies a joke. If anybody wants, I can give a nice list of what sadistic things can be done with waterbending. So yeah, I agree with you there.

And since an energybent person can still bear children, the goal of wiping out bending would have been pointless given you have to kill the bender or prevent them from reproducing.

As for Amon's downhill spiral, it sorta irked me how it was executed. Sure, he might break down given his bloodbending was being exposed, but only 3 or in the room knew it. As for the breakdown against airbending, it would have genuinely caught him off guard (and the hallway apparently is restricted), but there were some things off.

Holy [bleep].

[hide] I was not expecting that. I'm still in disbelief over the murder-sucide. Never in TLAB or LOK did it show someone dying, but we just saw Tarrlock kill himself and Amon. Then there was the part with Korra at the cliff, which was just as scary. After Aang showed up, though, I knew things would be alright. I was nearly tear-bending by the end of the episode. Freaking amazing finale, in my opinion, and I don't want to wait another year for season 2. [/hide]

This whole season gave me at least 3 more reasons for why waterbending is the most overpowered bending.

It can replicate other bending forms to some degree (ice for earth, boiling/scalding for fire burning, etc), it's only limited by creativity, and that it gets more broken every time medical science advances (read: more unique ways to toy with the human body down to the last muscle). For an element that is associated with caring, soothing, and healing, it seriously has the most potential for malicious and detrimental use that makes crushing/burying or roasting your enemies a joke. If anybody wants, I can give a nice list of what sadistic things can be done with waterbending. So yeah, I agree with you there.

But earth and air bending can be just as deadly. Everybody has iron in their blood and air in their lungs. Couldn't (in theory) an Earthbender bloodbend too? And an airbender could make someone's lungs explode, and possibly bend the oxygen in someone's blood.

Holy [bleep].

[hide] I was not expecting that. I'm still in disbelief over the murder-sucide. Never in TLAB or LOK did it show someone dying, but we just saw Tarrlock kill himself and Amon. Then there was the part with Korra at the cliff, which was just as scary. After Aang showed up, though, I knew things would be alright. I was nearly tear-bending by the end of the episode. Freaking amazing finale, in my opinion, and I don't want to wait another year for season 2. [/hide]

But earth and air bending can be just as deadly. Everybody has iron in their blood and air in their lungs. Couldn't (in theory) an Earthbender bloodbend too? And an airbender could make someone's lungs explode, and possibly bend the oxygen in someone's blood.

But the amount of iron in a body is minuscule compared to water (which is at least 60% or so), and air has the potential to be deadly in itself. It's just that waterbending has more potential for destruction in terms of variety and one could find ways to bypass or outright confuse forensics (why use water to rip up their muscles and freeze/boil the blood around their veins and/or brain when you can make them grab a knife and take their life? Burst lungs would point to airbending, but it'd be hard to tell a constructed suicide (or use the puppet for murder yourself) from bloodbending.

On another topic, I think that Iroh II is Zuko's grandson. He said that "My grandfather would respect the Avatar's decision", and I assume he's talking about Zuko, not Ozai. This would probably put him at a much younger age than 30 - probably in his late teens or early 20s. So having Zuko's voice makes sense imo.

On another topic, I think that Iroh II is Zuko's grandson. He said that "My grandfather would respect the Avatar's decision", and I assume he's talking about Zuko, not Ozai. This would probably put him at a much younger age than 30 - probably in his late teens or early 20s. So having Zuko's voice makes sense imo.

He was confirmed to be his grandson. Interesting enough, Dante Basco is in his thirties and sounds like that.

He was confirmed to be his grandson. Interesting enough, Dante Basco is in his thirties and sounds like that.

Huh. I didn't think that was anyone's real, normal voice. Interesting though!

Has anyone found a release date for season two yet?

Would it be possible to bloodbend with firebending?

...Using very controlled lightning to give your victim thousands of small spasms to manipulate their limbs. Heh, should work.

The point I was making, however, was that waterbending isn't overpowered, it's simply the only bending that has been used creatively (unless you count metal bending). If you took bending to its full potential then I'm sure there'd be tons of possibilities.

It makes me sad that the first season is already over. :( We only got 12 episodes out of it - in The Last Airbender, that's equivalent to the episode The storm in book one. They hadn't even met Toph at that point.

yes please.

I am very disappointed by the finale. Amon's unmasking left me feeling like a Scooby-Doo style reveal, only to find out the culprit was a character that didn't even exist until the moment he was unmasked. And why is Aang's spiritual representation him as a 40 year old? His statue is of a 12 year old. We all knew and loved him as a 12 year old. Why not keep him that way? Could they really have lost the interest of the voice actor that easily? Korra's de-unbending prowess is also pointlessly stupid, though

it makes sense that she should be immune to the stupidity that was bloodbending=bending nullification

I hope Boomi plays a bigger role next season. He seems fun.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I do admit that it'd be really cool to have 12 year old Aang talk to Korra but I also like seeing Aang grown up. Meh, maybe it'll be revealed why some Avatars appear younger than others when they speak to the current Avatar.

yes please.

I am very disappointed by the finale. Amon's unmasking left me feeling like a Scooby-Doo style reveal, only to find out the culprit was a character that didn't even exist until the moment he was unmasked. And why is Aang's spiritual representation him as a 40 year old? His statue is of a 12 year old. We all knew and loved him as a 12 year old. Why not keep him that way? Could they really have lost the interest of the voice actor that easily? Korra's de-unbending prowess is also pointlessly stupid, though

it makes sense that she should be immune to the stupidity that was bloodbending=bending nullification

I hope Boomi plays a bigger role next season. He seems fun.

I don't understand why anyone would want Amon to be a character from TLA. LOK is supposed to stand alone from TLA. Sure there are some references and a little bit of connection, but having Amon be somebody from TLA would just be random and uncreative. Also, every Avatar ghost has been respresented by how they looked when they died. Having Aang be 12 would have been awful.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Aang died when he was 66, and in Endgame he didn't look nearly that old. Plus Kyoshi died when she was 200 and something, and she appeared to be quite young. The only old looking avatar I can think of is Roku.

[hide]Overall, I really liked the ending as a whole, but honestly it felt like the end of the series as a whole, and I don't see how they can continue it now, even though they're renewed for another season.Korra and Mako…..no. [bleep] that. Too much emphasis on love and stuff in the series. I feel like they didn't actually take time to develop relationships between characters like they did in TLA. It's just like WHAM BAM I LOVE YOU, whereas I really liked Aang and Katara cause you could see their relationship develop.

I really liked the whole Tarrlock thing, except again, too fast. They find out about it and take Amon down in the same episode.

I mean, I'm satisfied with how the plot went, but it shouldn't have been so fast, unless they have some good plans for a second season.[/hide]

So, after this season is finished, I can say I liked it...but nothing more either. It was far from the feeling of awesomeness that you'd get when watching TLA.

My two main gripes:

[hide]

1.The season is too short. They spend far too less time on developing characters. Asami's fight with her father didn't touch me in the least (because I still don't really care about Asami) and while it's a bit better with Bolin and Mako, I can't relate to them that well either. The only scenes that were genuinely gripping in an emotional way for me was Korra standing on the cliff, Lin getting her bending back in a way and I guess Tarrlok blowing up himself and Amon, just because it was shocking.

2. The other thing is that they've tried to take the show into a more serious direction, but I don't think it worked that well. They started with civil unrest, non-benders being oppressed and the equalists trying to do something about that. They ended with a typical "the villain has been defeated, everything's good". I feel like LOK tried to make a compromise between the style of TLA and a more serious approach, and in the end failed to satisfy both sides properly.

[/hide]

[hide]Overall, I really liked the ending as a whole, but honestly it felt like the end of the series as a whole, and I don't see how they can continue it now, even though they're renewed for another season.Korra and Mako..no. [bleep] that. Too much emphasis on love and stuff in the series. I feel like they didn't actually take time to develop relationships between characters like they did in TLA. It's just like WHAM BAM I LOVE YOU, whereas I really liked Aang and Katara cause you could see their relationship develop.

I really liked the whole Tarrlock thing, except again, too fast. They find out about it and take Amon down in the same episode.

I mean, I'm satisfied with how the plot went, but it shouldn't have been so fast, unless they have some good plans for a second season.[/hide]

Interesting enough, they got greenlit for a second season after they finished animation for the first, so it might be a little weird because of that. Nonetheless, I also felt there should have been more episodes just to fill some development.

Assuming the Lieutenant didn't die, he could lead the remaining numbers of Equalists and we can still see them in Season 2. Unfortunately, I don't see them as much given they lost Amon (the person who was de-bending) and likely cannot bust Hiroshi Sato out of jail easily. I just hope Season 2 takes its time developing characters as well as focusing on their plot.

It is kinda odd how they had to do another season after they finished everything (practically on release schedule). Other than some loose ends (the other benders who had their bending taken away), the season does look pretty complete, given they only had 12 episodes to work with.

It is kinda odd how they had to do another season after they finished everything (practically on release schedule). Other than some loose ends (the other benders who had their bending taken away), the season does look pretty complete, given they only had 12 episodes to work with.

We knew for a while that Season 2 would not be continueing the same storyline, but have some new (kind of) enemy. Possibly some elements of Season 1 could get reused again(e.g. equalists causing unrest, but not as the main problem)

I agree with those saying that the season was too short and the plot happened to quickly. One of the reasons that I loved TLAB so much was because I had a full 61 episodes to watch characters develop. The main reason the show was so short was to avoid any 'filler' episodes, but I think the filler episodes in TLAB were my favorite ones, and were the ones that allowed you to really get to know and love the characters. I just wish that they had time for more episodes.

I'm curious to see how season 2 will play out. I think that losing Amon was a huge blow to the equalists, since he was the one who kept everybody organized and could de-bend people. I'm not sure if they'll be used much in season 2, since having equalists without Amon seems kind of weak. I hope they get the option to include more episodes, either during/after season 2, since having the entire series over in less than half of the time of TLAB seems a bit quick.

I think the best bet for the Equalists right now is to just be a peaceful protest organization. Maybe teach people a bit of chi blocking so that they can defend themselves against thug benders. I'm sure that this whole thing got the non-benders of the world some respect and that there will be new laws that are more equal to non-benders.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg