KONY 2012

Gradeskip

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like OP won't try and defend his position.

Everyone did the defending for him. Doing so now would just be starting the same argument over for another 3 pages to reach the same conclusions :P

It was fun while it lasted I guess. We need more of these types of discussions though. OT has been pretty dry in terms of debates lately.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So has this fad basically blown over already? I have to admit, I didn't expect it to be as quick as it was.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So has this fad basically blown over already? I have to admit, I didn't expect it to be as quick as it was.

I think basically, internet groups love to be against something; for example, most of the internet hate twilight. Hating something as a group seems to be of massive interest to the internet; because liking something together normally never works because people don't like things equally but hate can just be magnified and magnified on the internet beyond recognition because of positive reinforcement and group mentality. Of course Kony isn't a massive evil (like twilight) because their are holes in the hate and there wasn't time for people to hate it enough.

It just shows how hollow the internet is, a perfect example is my little pony and twilight. Because of positive reinforcement and aggressive internet arguing, twilight is made out to be absoloutely terrible while MLP is absoloutely popular as anything. Problem with Kony is that he's a factual person and peoples opinions hold no stead in these sorts o f internet hate campaigns.

qTLQRuS.png

It doesn't really help that the "true" motives behind the whole Kony ad have been revealed anyway. Oil, as always. I'd be ashamed to support the movement now honestly. Granted what he has done is awful, but the reason we should "go after him" is just as awful if you ask me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

From March 6th, first page.

Are people seriously only finding out about this now? That's pathetic. Nevertheless, this hype will just blow over in a week and Kony will be forgotten by the American people again.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I just read that and was about to come post it haha.

"Our video went viral! LET'S GO STREAKING!!!"

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Thank god, hopefully this kills the KONY 2012 presidential campaign.

Presidential campaign?

It's a joke. Their campaign advertisements are nearly identical to a modern presidential campaign's. If someone were to look at the campaign's posters without knowing what KONY 2012 was, they could easily assume he's running for president.

tFtfA.jpg

sig2-3.jpg

I think basically, internet groups love to be against something; for example, most of the internet hate twilight. Hating something as a group seems to be of massive interest to the internet; because liking something together normally never works because people don't like things equally but hate can just be magnified and magnified on the internet beyond recognition because of positive reinforcement and group mentality. Of course Kony isn't a massive evil (like twilight) because their are holes in the hate and there wasn't time for people to hate it enough.

It just shows how hollow the internet is, a perfect example is my little pony and twilight. Because of positive reinforcement and aggressive internet arguing, twilight is made out to be absoloutely terrible while MLP is absoloutely popular as anything. Problem with Kony is that he's a factual person and peoples opinions hold no stead in these sorts o f internet hate campaigns.

Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

This was a clever move by Kony. Kony sent men to put drugs into Russell's cereal so he'd act crazy, taking the focus off of the Kony manhunt.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.