Block off the abyssals!

wakka102

Ok, the noobs that come up here and scavenge for stuff and beg for whips were funny for a while. But now its just getting old...I think Jagex needs to lock doors so that you cannot proceed farther into the slayer tower or slayer dungeon unless you are the appropriate level to do so. Such as you can't get to the abyssal demon room unless your 85 slayer or whatever monster your referring too. It gets really old people :?

So what are your thoughts on it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the noobs that come up here and scavenge for stuff and beg for whips were funny for a while. But now its just getting old...I think Jagex needs to lock doors so that you cannot proceed farther into the slayer tower or slayer dungeon unless you are the appropriate level to do so. Such as you can't get to the abyssal demon room unless your 85 slayer or whatever monster your referring too. It gets really old people :?

Free whips plx? :cry:

Anyhow, I think it's a good idea but it couldn't be implemented properly.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

How so? its a simple concept...

We got a thing called ignore list ;) Just use it and those poor hippies won't bother you anymore.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

maybe, you get a key from the slayer master when u finally reach 85 slayer and have have it nontradable? hows that? :?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

How so? its a simple concept...

Jagex wouldn't do it. :oops: I think that they want to please their customers, no matter how stupid they are.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

Lol.... it'd be better if they begged by the aberrant specters..... :P No more noob for a while :twisted:

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

i know it gets old, but how hard is it to sit their and continue to melee abby demons? unless their up their in full rune meleeing them stealing up all the demons so no1 can get any demons to kill i could understand that, but i doubt they are.

how is it a big deal to just walk into a room and look around? its not, ive gotten curious and wandered up their to, im only 75 but i was like hmm, doesnt mean i begged for stuff.

or if you were really mad, just make a rift so u can go kill abby demons in an abbysal space where theirs EVEN more of them.

I've never really understood the why people complain so much. Beggars are everywhere in Runescape-- Not just Abyssals as most people would have you believe.

It's fairly easy to ignore them.

Either:

1.) Add that person to your ignore list or

2.) Turn chat block off or to private.

Really, I think people make a big deal over nothing.

i know it gets old, but how hard is it to sit their and continue to melee abby demons? unless their up their in full rune meleeing them stealing up all the demons so no1 can get any demons to kill i could understand that, but i doubt they are.

how is it a big deal to just walk into a room and look around? its not, ive gotten curious and wandered up their to, im only 75 but i was like hmm, doesnt mean i begged for stuff.

or if you were really mad, just make a rift so u can go kill abby demons in an abbysal space where theirs EVEN more of them.

I have no problem with people that come up here that aren't begging or being rude. But the majority of the time I get people coming up and begging then being very rude. Usually I end up reporting them in the end. I get this alot.

Why should Jagex make things more complicated for people going to abbies because you can't ignore people?

Let them waste their time, and if they're getting drops left on the ground, so what? Nothing better was going to come of them.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I suggest turning your "noob chat" off :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

quit being a whiney lil * and just ignore em. God if stupid things like that bother you, you can go back to first grade...Serously, ignore list is ur friend, and if ur obsessive compulsive bout ur ignore list being empty, just take em off it after they leave.

w4M8t.png

I'd just like to mention something. Or a couple of somethings.

To the one who said it'd be hard to implement: No, it wouldn't. There are doors like this in place in such places as the Mining Guild, Crafting Guild, Cooking Guild, Champion's Guild, Hero's Guild, Legends Guild, Fishing Guild, Magic Guild, Prayer Guild(upstairs of the Monestary), the entrance to the Wildernes Agility arena, most if not all other Agility obstacles...

A simple check is all they would need to add. Would take less than 5 minutes to code, and could be implemented at any update time. I don't think a door would be an inconvenice for anyone who had the level to kill them.

Besides... how many noobs would really care that they can't go in and watch people kill stuff...? I doubt any.

Second: Some people ignore a whole load of noobs. Because many noobs are persistant little nuts. If you ignore them for awhile, next time you remove them they'll message you. Not everyone likes having their chats and PMs set to off or friends...

Third thing: Yes, ignore them and hope they'll go away. Either that or be sarcastic or mean without directly insulting to them. They usually say enough bull that you can honestly report them for bad language.

Miser said it all, oddfaery ... how would it complicate things for slayers? it would be exactly like fishing guild dorr (That you cant get through :P) if you have the lvl you just walk in, if not you cant enter.

The majority of people arround 70 combat who go to abbys are NOT there just to look arround, they just beg for free stuff and get abusive.

And to the "explorer" guy, no one could give a rats [wagon] if you want to explore an area that you cant use anyway, go do something productive with your time and you wont be lvl 70 forever.

Another way to solve the problem is to make them (and nechrayeals as well I think) aggressive. Gargoyles and specters are already aggressive, so why not the higher ones as well? No inconvenience for the ones who have the level (quite the opposite) and in the same time it would make it very hard for beggers to hang around.

Edit: convenience changed to inconvenience ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

agrees with Gugge^

Why all the slayer monsters arent aggressive is beyond me.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

agrees with Gugge^

Becouse if you wanted to go kill jellies, basks would kill you in 5 seconds flat, couse you dont take a mirror shield to kill jellies, and so on and so forth.

But yeah abbys and nechs should be agressive.

maybe, you get a key from the slayer master when u finally reach 85 slayer and have have it nontradable? hows that? :?

I like that idea. It's a good one.

Turn chat to frends. It's grudgingly tempting to turn it back on to see what they said, but strike up a conversation with some friends and it'll take your mind off the noobs.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

agrees with Gugge^

Becouse if you wanted to go kill jellies, basks would kill you in 5 seconds flat, couse you dont take a mirror shield to kill jellies, and so on and so forth.

But yeah abbys and nechs should be agressive.

Great point, I did not think of that :)

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink