Warning!!! New way of Scamming!!!! A MUST Read!!!

Pur304

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I don't really understand how people don't see this as a blatant scam the second he wants you to enter the wilderness... That immediately should set off every single alarm in your head that this isn't a legit. deal.

I suppose people need to be warned about this but I think anyone with a single ounce of common sense should see this for what it is.

Just because a scam lacks intricacy and is easy to thwart doesn't make it any less of a scam.. it's misleading someone to attempt to take their items from them.

happened today

i was buying a phat together with my friend(lvl 107)

looking for a yellow 1

they asked my friend to trade in edge wild 1 for 3 mask sets and 2.7 mill

(very cheap for a yellow phat)

once he walked into wild1 another lvl 107 ice barraged him.

, but who would take rares into wild the first place

its kinda obvious that they want to get ur money

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I wonder what would happen to the scam or luring if you said that you actually don't know any other place to recharge your prayer other than at Varrock. Would the guy still sell you the Easter Egg or accidentally say, "OMG, you're so dumb. Never heard of the Monastery?"

Blusttoy.png

* poor4life0ne.png *

I could tell he knew his stuff about runescape already.

Then he asked me a perculiar question. It was "Can you show me where to charge my prayer"

Don't you find it a little awkward that a pro player (or at least an old school player) needs to know where the temple is?

Even noobs know that stuff. That only would alarm anyone with more than two braincells ;)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

You can't run because you are being frozen by the Ice spell they cast. You can't protect your cash, because you never keep cash when you die.

Also on RSC (like someone has prevously mentioned) a classic example of this kind of lurer has posted and boasted about his luring. He has made MILLIONS in 2 days. He's proud and you can tell, you only need to look at his signature.

yeah, its a scam, but its more like luring in a sorta way.

woulda sucked if u woulda got pked, but i dunno...if it was f2p, then u prolly wouldnt of died if u were at full hp

w4M8t.png

Im sure everyone knows the dragon scimmys for whip trick, well in the last 72 hours 18 people have tried this trick on me.. but the thing is i went hunting for them everytime but i caried a nature rune and fire runes.

Y u ask? i low alch a scimmy and prepare for death with protect item on.. its amazing how much cash u can earn

sig234ej4.png

I don't find it so clever actually, I mean, who goes into the wilderness with money on him? :roll:

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)