2012 U.S. Elections - President Obama Re-elected

Range_This11

Presidential Election  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Candidate Will You Vote For?

• Mitt Romney
    • Barack Obama
    • Other (For all you Ron Paulers)

#neither2012

Im not sure what makes people prefer one or the other, probably some of the campaign promises they make but in practice they will do the same exact thing once in office.

No one can tell me that Obama 08-12 was significantly different then if it was Bush 08-12. Bear in mind I include socialized healthcare in that, because the republicans used to support nationalized healthcare in the 90's and democrats were the ones opposed to it.

Then vote for someone you think will make a difference. They might not stand a chance of winning, but that's democracy. No point [bleep]ing about the top two candidates if you're not willing to back someone you think would represent you better.

As I am supposed to take part on the nationally televised showing on 7th of November, could someone make a short summary of what was spoken of in the last debate and who supported what?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

#RomneyRyan2012 (Meeting Mitt on Saturday!)

My take on this on is a little different than the others. First of all, every Presidential candidate is going to say we need a strong military (actually weird hearing the dems say that now), agree on the use of drones, agree that we are better off with Bin Laden dead, etc. Those are easy softballs that I knew both would say. What I found interesting was their behavior, Obama seemed like the challenger this time, did not appear Presidential, and seems like he was trying to draw Romney into saying something he might regret, I am beginning to sense a bit a desperation. Romney definitely appeared more Presidential than Obama. He stated his positions, and refused the fighting bait Obama was desperately tossing at him. I was proud of the way Romney stood above the childish name calling and focused on how he would fix our country.

Get a BIGGER Navy! 318+ Ships is whats needed & saying there would be less than that :mad: :?

Edited by Matt258

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Then vote for someone you think will make a difference. They might not stand a chance of winning, but that's democracy. No point [bleep]ing about the top two candidates if you're not willing to back someone you think would represent you better.

2 party system doesn't allow that.

Gary Johnson is probably the best choice. But a 2 party system makes it impossible for people to even hear his name, let alone get used to his policies.

Gary Johnson is probably the best choice. But a 2 party system makes it impossible for people to even hear his name, let alone get used to his policies.

I agree there are flaws in the Electoral College system. One thing I have never been able to wrap my head around is why there isn't a "third party" in US politics for those who are disenfranchised from both main parties. Third parties seldom ever achieve any substantial power, but their existence puts pressure on the other two to adapt their policies. Additionally, I think it has made US politics very polarised, and in recent years, I think that's made the elections almost hateful, especially in 2008, which I don't think is particularly beneficial for anyone. When Bristol Palin became pregnant, it might have been a contradiction of her own personal beliefs and the beliefs of her mother, but did it really matter in terms of what McCain or Obama would have done in office? It still got played out in the media.

#RomneyRyan2012 (Meeting Mitt on Saturday!)

My take on this on is a little different than the others. First of all, every Presidential candidate is going to say we need a strong military (actually weird hearing the dems say that now), agree on the use of drones, agree that we are better off with Bin Laden dead, etc. Those are easy softballs that I knew both would say. What I found interesting was their behavior, Obama seemed like the challenger this time, did not appear Presidential, and seems like he was trying to draw Romney into saying something he might regret, I am beginning to sense a bit a desperation. Romney definitely appeared more Presidential than Obama. He stated his positions, and refused the fighting bait Obama was desperately tossing at him. I was proud of the way Romney stood above the childish name calling and focused on how he would fix our country.

Get a BIGGER Navy! 318+ Ships is whats needed & saying there would be less than that :mad: :?

Three points:

1) What names was Obama calling Romney?

2) In what way were they childish?

3) Who claims the US Navy needs no less than 318 ships? Also, what types of ship specifically does the Navy need to achieve all of its aims under US foreign policy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVSfw5TPkos

As funny as the comment might have been (I thought it became pretty condescending), it seems Obama may be the one that doesn't understand the military.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/in-defense-of-bayonets-horses-5-problems-with-the-presidents-zinger-last-night/

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Any claim that the American navy is too small is ridiculous. The American armed forces could easily win a defensive war against every other country on Earth (excluding nuclear weapons), largely because of their massive navy.

EDIT: Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

FtwAM.gif

Apparently donald trump will donate 5m to charity if obama releases his college records and some other crap. Can't believe he's still flogging that dead horse lol. And even if obama was born in kenya it's a stupid rule in the first place.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Why anyone continues to waste their time and money on trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya is beyond me.

I think Trump wants to show that Obama was a poor student.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Romney wasn't a great student behaviour-wise either: http://www.bostonglo...ry.html?camp=pm

It's completely irrelevant to Romney's campaign though. If he makes a good President, if he makes a bad President, his college record is neither here or there.

Apparently donald trump will donate 5m to charity if obama releases his college records and some other crap. Can't believe he's still flogging that dead horse lol. And even if obama was born in kenya it's a stupid rule in the first place.

I hope he does it and makes Trump look like more of an idiot than he already is. In fact, he should agree to do it if Romney releases his tax returns.

On another note, Obama gained 2 in the Gallup tracking poll and RAND tracking poll, 1 in the IBD/TIPP poll, and held in the Rasmussen poll. This is the first day including post-debate results.

I hope he does it and makes Trump look like more of an idiot than he already is. In fact, he should agree to do it if Romney releases his tax returns.

On another note, Obama gained 2 in the Gallup tracking poll and RAND tracking poll, 1 in the IBD/TIPP poll, and held in the Rasmussen poll. This is the first day including post-debate results.

Romney already released his tax returns, not that it's important anyway. http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure/mitt/tax-return/2011/wmr-adr-return

Obama shouldn't acknowledge Trump. The fact that he did it first time with his birth certificate (did people really believe they'd let him run if he wasn't born in the U.S.?) showed weakness in his character. This is even stupider. So what if Obama got Cs at Harvard? I know I wouldn't have the motivation to pull that off.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Why anyone continues to waste their time and money on trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya is beyond me.

I think Trump wants to show that Obama was a poor student.

That'd make more sense. It's interesting how he's brought this up so late in the election, but I guess anything you can do to swing undecided votes at this point..

tFtfA.jpg

I agree there are flaws in the Electoral College system. One thing I have never been able to wrap my head around is why there isn't a "third party" in US politics for those who are disenfranchised from both main parties. Third parties seldom ever achieve any substantial power, but their existence puts pressure on the other two to adapt their policies. Additionally, I think it has made US politics very polarised, and in recent years, I think that's made the elections almost hateful, especially in 2008, which I don't think is particularly beneficial for anyone. When Bristol Palin became pregnant, it might have been a contradiction of her own personal beliefs and the beliefs of her mother, but did it really matter in terms of what McCain or Obama would have done in office? It still got played out in the media.

The solution is simple on how to get people to vote their conscious instead of "who has the best shot at winning". Split the electorates per state by percentage instead of winner take all. Same with senate elections.

So maybe 60% of the population supports Gary Johnson over Obama/Romneys policies.

30% know they like him (because of the difficulty of getting air time)

10% may vote for him over anyone else even if he is going to lose

4% actually end up voting.

Any claim that the American navy is too small is ridiculous. The American armed forces could easily win a defensive war against every other country on Earth (excluding nuclear weapons), largely because of their massive navy.

EDIT: Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

FtwAM.gif

LOL! I saw that on Facebook.

... and that's only carriers. Do you want to talk submarines? Destroyers? Hell, the Russians are selling off most of their naval hardware -- that's where the Chinese bought their carrier from.

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Romney is drawing astounding crowds at event after event Denver's Red Rocks event was at standing-room only and over 25,000 people were turned away. This story is repeated almost daily: Romney is drawing the kind of crowds Barack Obama pulled in 2008. The momentum isn'ta bluff or a headfake; Republicans are lit up in the same way they were in 2010. It's happening in Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Nevada and all the battleground states.

Obama is largely reduced to trawling college campuses for political jailbait, stroking the shreds of his coalition in the increasingly desperate hope of getting at least a few salvageable video clips out of each day. Big Bird, binders, and bayonets don't comprise a sweeping vision of a second Obama term and it shows. Vice-President Malaprop wanders Ohio diners, touching people's food and getting biker chicks to sit in his lap. It's a campaign in trouble, and they know it.

Political jailbait... priceless ;)

ref: http://ricochet.com/main-feed/The-Inflection-Point

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

For the record, the states does not have that many carriers in active serve, not even if you count the reseve that isn't active but is technically sea worthy. There are 10 Nimitz class carriers, and the Enterprise (or gold toe) of the Enterprise class, for a total of 11. In reserve you have the Kitty Hawk, which is older and substantially smaller (it's not a super carrier).

That picture is actually pretty haphazard since it seems to be counting several ships that are not in active service.

Yes, you guys have a huge navy which a substiantial army and airforce of its own, but you do not have 21 active aircraft carriers :P There are not 21 active aircraft carriers in the world right now total.

For submarienes, I expect you guys have more than you let on. Submarines are much easier to hide than the 11 largest warships in the world (Enterprise is the longest, but the Nimitz Class are a bit heavier), though you guys do have the Ohio class which is both very cool and very scary (cool because of what they are, scary because each one of them has enough nuclear arsenal to depopulate a substantial portion of Earth.

I had a thought a couple days ago about how you could better set up a political system to avoid...well this. But I've forgotten what it was. I think it had something to do with the media, and preventing them from being a bunch of clowns. My hope is that if I post about trying to remember it, I might goad my subconscious into putting some more effort into remembering my thought, because it seemed like it was worth sharing (just not important enough to remember apparently).

Romney is drawing astounding crowds at event after event – Denver's Red Rocks event was at standing-room only and over 25,000 people were turned away. This story is repeated almost daily: Romney is drawing the kind of crowds Barack Obama pulled in 2008. The momentum isn'ta bluff or a headfake; Republicans are lit up in the same way they were in 2010. It's happening in Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Nevada and all the battleground states.

Obama is largely reduced to trawling college campuses for political jailbait, stroking the shreds of his coalition in the increasingly desperate hope of getting at least a few salvageable video clips out of each day. Big Bird, binders, and bayonets don't comprise a sweeping vision of a second Obama term and it shows. Vice-President Malaprop wanders Ohio diners, touching people's food and getting biker chicks to sit in his lap. It's a campaign in trouble, and they know it.

Political jailbait... priceless wink.png

ref: http://ricochet.com/...nflection-Point

Wow, that website makes Breitbart.com look credible...

Let's even these odds:

[hide=Romney Campaign Exaggerates Size of Nevada with Altered Image]enhanced-buzz-20739-1351276397-3.jpg[/hide]

• Like 1

I think the President deserves to be impeached for his handling of Benghazi. Now there is proof that they knew of the attack while it was in progress, they had the resources to substantially fight back less than 2 hours away, but for hours they did nothing allowing 4 people to be killed.

Not to mention the administration covered it up and lied for 2 weeks about some video on youtube.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/24/the-real-benghazi-scandal/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/benghazi-scandal_654410.html

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/lies-scandal-and-politics-benghazi/

♪♪ And I'm not done