[22 May 2012] Song From the Depths

Kaida23

Song from the Depths

The men of Rimmington are falling afoul of a sleeping curse and are not awakening; only mumbling fragments of a strange song as they dream. Theres another problem, too: the ruthless Raptor has taken it upon himself to resolve the crisis flail-first, and collateral damage isnt high on his list of concerns. Lucille wife to Waylan, one of the afflicted men wants you to find the source of the mysterious malediction and bring her husband home, but beware: getting to the bottom of this might mean a deeper drop than you expected.

Song from the Depths is our latest fully voiced quest and as the title suggests - features a beautiful, ethereal song, composed and recorded specially by our audio team. While its possible to play the quest without sound, following unearthly voices into the caves below adds fathoms to the experience. Along with this, the graphics team have gone to town on the arcane architecture that youll encounter as you venture into the caves beneath Rimmington. Be sure to take the time to absorb the glorious graphics and amazing audio for a truly immersive experience. Its also non-instanced, so feel free to bring friends along for the ride.

Uncovering the secrets below and bringing Waylan back in one piece will earn you a unique crossbow, an amulet to teleport you to the Grotworm Lair (see below), and a damage reduction buff for the upcoming Queen Black Dragon boss fight.

How to start Song from the Depths:

Speak to Lucille in Rimmington.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member to play this quest.

There are no other requirements.

The Grotworm Lair

The White Knights have also noticed that strange things are afoot in Rimmington, and have dispatched a team to investigate the Grotworm Lair in the caves near the town. Their leader - Sir Rebrum - has decided that discretion is the better part of valour, though, and is more than happy for you to make some headway on your own. The lair has three levels, containing creatures of levels 11, 91 and 167 respectively. Fighting its slimy denizens is great combat training for players of all levels, and slayer masters will assign the creatures as targets. Drops from defeating these monsters include a cosmetic cape emblazoned with a dragons head sigil, and bespoke bolts for the crossbow from Song from the Depths.

Next week, well be unleashing the Queen Black Dragon boss fight, which will mean the following changes to the Grotworm Lair:

The portal on the bottom floor will become accessible to those with at least 60 Summoning, and youll finally be able to face the Queen Black Dragon in her lair.

Monster drop tables will be expanded to include items related to the new, draconic armour mentioned in Mays Behind the Scenes.

With some help from Thurgo, youll be able to upgrade the crossbow from Song from the Depths into a truly fearsome weapon.

So, until next week, brush up on your combat skills and get dressed to kill, because youre going to need every iota of courage, tenacity and tactical nous to survive the most roasting royal rumble in RuneScape history!

Mod Deiviz & Mod TLQ

In Other News

To go along with Song from the Depths, weve also completely overhauled the look of Rimmington. Be sure to take a look around!

The "King" and "Queen" titles are now on offer for the discounted price of 20,000 loyalty points.

[hide=Patch Notes]

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature.

Graphical:

• The Barrel of Monkeys object graphic has been resized to fit the screen better.
  • Monkeys from the Barrel of Monkeys are no longer semi-transparent in Software and Safe modes.
  • The Speak-no-evil monkey hat now has the correct graphics.
  • Teleporting using the recommendation system no longer plays an arrival animation.
  • The quest start icon for Eadgar's Ruse has been added back into the game.

Quests & Tasks:

• Golrana no longer disappears during Prisoner of Glouphrie if the player goes to a certain place on the mountain.
  • Veldaban now directs the player towards the correct company in Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf.

Skills & Minigames:

• Some right-click "Find Wizard" and "Best rune" options have been added to wizards in the Runespan.
  • It is now possible to cast Remote Farm and Mobilising Armies teleport from a Runespan Runic staff.
  • Buying a Wicked hood before having claimed one will now correctly initialise the amount of charges it holds.
  • Banking a recoloured Wicked item no longer breaks the colouring.
  • An island link in the Runespan has now been reversed, to prevent players from getting stuck rune-less on a non-main island.
  • Slings and Thread can now be used in Mobilising Armies as investment credit.

Other:

• It is no longer possible for any player to pick up a Hexhunter bow in Dungeoneering before 30 seconds are up.
  • A new rewards table has been created for free players from Bonfire spirits.
  • It is no longer possible to take the Monkey mace onto Entrana.
  • The Strength stat on items listed in the shop interface no longer appears 10 times too large.
  • Shop keepers no longer refer to adjusting prices when buying from players, as all shop prices are now static.
  • The north-western Wilderness teleport obelisk no longer activates if a player spam clicks on any other obelisk.
  • Having a hailstorm or frostbite dagger equipped, and leaving a Dungeoneering dungeon, no longer renders the player unable to attack.
  • Completing the first section of Recipe for Disaster now awards two Squeal of Fortune spins.
  • Borrowed Power now works correctly with High Alchemy.
  • Clan admins and above can now change Citadel and Keep access for General ranks and below.

[/hide]

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still really jelly about this. Of all the updates, I for some reason, was looking forward to this the most. P2P is gonna so worth it when I go.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It is no longer possible for any player to pick up a Hexhunter bow in Dungeoneering before 30 seconds are up.

does that mean for the person who killed it aswell?

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Quest should be interesting. Seems weird they picked The Raptor, of all the signatures, to be involved though.

I think they reason they picked him is because he is not featured in any other quest/saga/activity yet. Plus, he is a player favorite.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Been killing a few Mature Grotworms (level: 167)

All grotworms are aggro regardless of level and attack from a distance with mage.

I haven't yet been hit by melee and have only been praying mage so I assume their attacks are 100% magical.

EDIT: Just got hit 160 melee so they do attack with melee, very inaccurate if you have bandos + dfs though apparently!

EDIT EDIT: I'd really recommend bringing alch runes, there are a lot of rune drops that fill your invent up fast! Also melee gear + mage pray seems to be the best bet at the moment.

Drops so far:

(I'll keep editting til I get bored :P)

EDIT: Too crowded to be worth-while now, I see this as being a very nice consistent-profit slayer task in future though :)

100% Big Bones

Drops:

3x Saradomin Brew (2)

5x 2000 Coins

4x Super Restore (2)

2x Rune Dagger

4x 7000 Coins

4x 5000 Coins

1x Royal Cape

3x Rune Helm

1x Rune Longsword

7x Rune Chainbody

1x 50 Noted Flax

3x Runite Ore

2x Rune Mace

2x 3 Noted Adamantite Ore

1x Cadantine Seed

1x 50 Blood Runes

Charms:

4x 1 Gold Charm

1x 1 Crimson Charm

1x 1 Blue Charm

(Tip.it can use this data if they wish :))

New cape looks like this: (Sold for 100k lol)

screenshot1375.png

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I do say, these three new music tracks are quite awesome. I wish Jagex would give us more room on the playlist, or allows us to make more than one.

and Rimmington looks pretty dope too.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It is no longer possible for any player to pick up a Hexhunter bow in Dungeoneering before 30 seconds are up.

does that mean for the person who killed it aswell?

No, the Hex drop was glitched so that anyone could grab it whether they did damage or not. Now the person who did the most damage has 30 seconds to grab it before it becomes available for the rest of the team.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Was the cutscene at the end laggy for anyone else?

Very, I tried it three times on high detail (it kicked me back to the beginning each time) before getting through it on low detail. Lets hope that's just an issue with the cutscene and not of the actual qbd.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Loving the new names on knights and corpses.

Sir Rebrum - Cerebrum

Sir Pent - Serpent

Sir Rownd - Surround

Sir Ruppee - No idea what this is meant to be, syrupy?

Sir Loynst Ayke - Sirloin Steak

Sir Rinch - Syringe?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Damn how rare is the royal cape?

i got mine on the first kill of a monster on the 2nd level

sold it for 91k, minus that from a little test I got about 600k/hour in drops from the level 3 gotworms with chaotic rapier, 99 att/str and piety

gear couldve been better, but looks like im sticking to gano's for my mosnter killing money

Muckytears.png