The Crucible 19-06-12

Sloke

Members with a combat level of 60 or higher can now enter the Crucible and enjoy RuneScape’s most brutal, gut-wrenchingly tense and – of course – potentially rewarding PvP combat, just north-east of Edgeville. Come ready to fight and prepared to die, and only bring items you can afford to have stripped from your ruined corpse!

After paying a bounty fee based on your combat level and the value of your armaments, you’ll enter the arena. This fee is paid to your opponent if you turn tail and flee from the Crucible, so be sure you’re ready to rumble before you set foot inside.

Once within the instanced arena - which will be filled with players from across the many RuneScape worlds - you and another player, with equivalent combat skill levels, will be assigned to one another as targets. From then on, you’ll need to seek out your target and engage in combat against them, until one of you is dead or leaves the arena. It’s only possible to fight your designated target, so Succeed, and you’ll be able to loot any equipment and inventory contents borne by your defeated foe (protect prayers and curses cannot be used within the Crucible), so your hard-fought victories will always be well rewarded!

The Crucible is riddled with eerily glowing fissures that can transport you around the arena, and also grant invulnerability for a few seconds after you move between them. Use these to set up an ambush, or to beat a tactical retreat.

You’ll earn points for every target slain and, periodically, the highest ranked players may be named supreme champions of the Crucible. For two and a half minutes, targets will be unassigned, no-one will lose their items upon death, and a special brand of blood-soaked mayhem will ensue. It’s the time of the supreme champions!

Anyone with the supreme champion title gets two minutes of invincibility and three unique, powerful weapons – one for each combat type, and each with its own special attack and function. After those two minutes, the invincibility will wear off and the other players in the arena will have 30 seconds to wreak vengeance and – best of all – to loot the supreme champions’ special weapons and make use of them before they disappear. Attacking the supreme champions will earn you extra points, and claiming the weapons will earn you an increased rate of trophy bones, which can be used to purchase some fun rewards from Marv at the Crucible’s entrance.

The greatest rewards for fighting in the Crucible can be gained by looting items from your defeated foes. Vanquished players will also drop trophy bones, which can be exchanged for death titles and taunts to add insult to your defeated targets’ injury, as well as the permanent ability to gain run energy boosts from using fissures. There are also rogue’s gloves, which – if you’re lucky – can be obtained by looting the ancient remains of long-dead rogue warriors while you’re waiting for a target to be assigned to you. These degradable gloves have good combat stats and grant a bonus to maximum life points when worn, but cannot be used outside of the Crucible and must be repaired before their first use. Marv can do this for you, in exchange for trophy bones.

So, pick up your weapon of choice and gather your courage, wits and fighting spirit. In the Crucible, it’s kill or be killed - and the stakes have never been higher!

Where to start:

The entrance to the Crucible can be found to the north-east of Edgeville, next to the bridge leading to the Grand Exchange.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member.

Level 60 combat.

Those who do not meet these requirements may still view the Crucible tutorial.

Upon entering the arena, you must pay a bounty fee: an amount of GP determined by your combat level and armaments.

Mod Tim

In Other News

New hiscores have been added for the Crucible.

Patch notes

Graphical:

Cremating vyrewatch and lighting a firepit in Fur 'n' Seek now uses the updated firemaking animation.

Some blocking has been added on a rock in the Runespan.

Player shadows are now hidden when traversing an obstacle on the higher levels of the Barbarian Outpost.

Teleporting to the Watchtower now consistently shows updated tree models on the bottom floor.

Players no longer appear to be sinking into the ground in the Wilderness near the Lava Maze.

The back of the void ranger helm is now visible.

It is no longer possible to stand inside a tree when trapping salamanders in the Mort Myre Swamp.

The swamp tunnel from Path of Glouphrie no longer has issues with the roof causing holes in the walls.

Objects dropped on rugs in Dungeoneering are now slightly raised, to prevent thin objects from clipping.

Some flags in Barbarian Village have had skulls placed on them.

The Cooking skillcape animation has had the frying pan lined up correctly with the meat.

A floating throne in the Champions Challenge area is no longer floating.

A cave used in Eagles Peak is no longer bright white with bloom enabled.

A tree near the Tirannwn Hunter spot is now aligned with its canopy.

Some blocking areas have been corrected in McGruber's Wood.

Areas used in Return of Lucien no longer go bright white with bloom enabled.

Within the Runespan, Greater missile bridges on level 3 now correctly display a death rune icon instead of a body rune icon.

Quests & Tasks:

TzHaar-Mej-Ak and TzHaar-Mej-Jeh now direct the player in the correct direction to the Fight Cave, Fight Pit and library after the Elder Kiln quest.

It is no longer possible to get a quest-only version of Korasi's Sword from Quiet Before the Swarm.

Players can no longer receive free kittens from Gertrude using a combination of a ring of charos and a bank pin on a money pouch.

Skills & Minigames:

The Fist of Guthix reward shop now states the correct amount of tokens required for a druidic mage bottom.

A bonecrusher and split dragontooth necklace now correctly award prayer points in Troll Invasion.

A typo in the Evil Twin Court Case has been fixed.

Pazuzu and Dean Vellio are now wearing graphically up-to-date versions of their armour.

Other:

Several accessibility updates have been made to the Troll Warzone area.

Dungeoneering monsters no longer drop objects that appear on a tool belt. These drops have been replaced with useful objects used by the tools, such as bowstrings and rune essence.

The third page on the Cape rack interface is now useable.

References to the tool belt all now consistently use "tool belt" rather than "toolbelt".

The Wicked Hood interface no longer has a "teleport" option on the "claim runes" section.

The examine information for the Inspiration aura now states that it restores 0.5% of the special attack bar rather than 0.2%.

An interface used in the Drill Sergeant random event can now be skipped through using the space bar.

Spria no longer occasionally starts to use a male voiceover.

Teleporting out of a Dungeoneering grouping room no longer causes the money pouch to be unusable.

Pressing enter after trying to add a blank note no longer makes the game think an interface is still open.

It is no longer possible to bank from afar in Port Phasmatys.

Bunyips no longer attempt to heal a player when they're not following a player, such as at the Grand Exchange.

Some spelling mistakes have been corrected on signposts.

Qvack_attack.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing very interesting to me.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

And login severs are down.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Oh there'll be one. That's why the login servers are down. To give them time to throw something together for Yelps.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

They are just getting a marching band of Yelps minions ready who follow you around the game singing a hideous tune about how you can spin today for prizes that you cannot mute, even if you turn you speakers all the way down and will not go away until you use all your spins and if you try to ignore them more and more of them appear and produce enforced lag on everything other than clicking the sof, even disabling the log out button with a big picture of Yelps and making all chat you type turn into Yelps says spin today for prizes galore. Cause you know they gotta keep it subtle and not ram it down our throats with every update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They are just getting a marching band of Yelps minions ready who follow you around the game singing a hideous tune about how you can spin today for prizes that you cannot mute, even if you turn you speakers all the way down and will not go away until you use all your spins and if you try to ignore them more and more of them appear and produce enforced lag on everything other than clicking the sof, even disabling the log out button with a big picture of Yelps and making all chat you type turn into Yelps says spin today for prizes galore. Cause you know they gotta keep it subtle and not ram it down our throats with every update.

Don't forget the emails they start sending when you don't spin!

In related news: people who can log on are reporting that when they try to go to their citadel, it says "Your clan does not have a citadel"...uh oh....JAGEXXXXXXXXXXXX!!1!

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

In related news: people who can log on are reporting that when they try to go to their citadel, it says "Your clan does not have a citadel"...uh oh....JAGEXXXXXXXXXXXX!!1!

That's just citadel servers being down too I'd wager.

Stayed up past my bedtime for this?

Might as well check back in the morning. Terrific.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

That's just citadel servers being down too I'd wager.

Ah very true, I forgot they run on seperate worlds :D

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

I always miss the update times. -.-

This should be fun, will laugh if I get matched up with someone risking Torva

Does protect item work? Just wondering.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

No

From RSOF (can't log in myself) it sounds like The Crucible has same problem as Flash Powder Factory. Even though most people can't log in, the instanced server is already full >.<

Also from RSOF it seems like the 'flat fee' is 500k, and you pay extra on top of this based on your levels and gear...bit pricey for me =\

No

So everyone'll use Korasi's and Soul Split... Joy.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

No

So everyone'll use Korasi's and Soul Split... Joy.

I was thinking everyone would use SoA in ganodermic armor :P

No squeal update/fix...?

It's a miracle.

Exactly what I was thinking. :shades:

"The one time they add an update I couldn't care less about, there isn't a SoF update to ruin it."

From RSOF (can't log in myself) it sounds like The Crucible has same problem as Flash Powder Factory. Even though most people can't log in, the instanced server is already full >.<

Also from RSOF it seems like the 'flat fee' is 500k, and you pay extra on top of this based on your levels and gear...bit pricey for me =\

serious? 500K? [bleep] that. That's a disgusting money sink for PvP. I can see this turning into dead content easily.

Popoto.~<3

^ Yeah, their stats look really underwhelming.

serious? 500K? [bleep] that. That's a disgusting money sink for PvP. I can see this turning into dead content easily.

From the article it doesn't look like a sink, it's a fee that you pay on entry, and on death part of it goes to your opponent in addition to anything you drop.

And if you abandon the arena then you forfeit the fee, which your opponent receives in full.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.