The Crucible 19-06-12

Sloke

Yeah that must be it, because that's a completely reasonable conclusion to draw from what he said. :rolleyes:

@Hex Hopefully you didn't expect a decent update related to PKing these days, hasn't been one in so many years, why now?

I'm paraphrasing here "I payed 724k just to die". It does indeed seem that the poster couldn't pk properly and was frustrated for getting killed twice and actually losing stuff instead of teleporting away when a superior foe appears.

Protip: It's a risk vs reward game. If you can't stand the risk, don't play it.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wear completionist cape -> go to unlock crucible songs -> try to get in for 20 minutes -> gives up and goes back to castle wars -> 12 mins of cw game left, 10 minutes until system update.

... Fuuuuuu -.-

Knock at hatch > Do tutorial > song unlocks > job done.

Don't get me wrong. I play through content before complaining about it. :P

Only unlocked one that way. It's a nice addition, but I think they should've learned from the Flash Powder factory incident.

My video review of the update detailing everything (unless I missed something):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDS2VKm1vDU

Garbage update. I payed 724k just to die to someone with a steel titan, and then some farcasting [bleep]. Would it really pain Jagex just to bring back old BH, and extend the PJ protection timer? That's all the PKers who just want to have fun are asking for.

It's like they're selling rusher insurance with those fees, and instead pairing you up with someone in gano casting SoA.

getting farcasted? its called dhide and range or mage him back. not hard

Ranqecaravan.png

I like how people rant about paying to die to x, y or z.

That's not called a bad update, that's called you sucking at pking, dying cause of being ill-prepared then rage quitting before you can earn you're entry fees back.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

>Areas used in Return of Lucien no longer go bright white with bloom enabled.

>Areas used in Return of Lucien no longer go bright

>Areas used in Return of Lucien

>Return of Lucien

original name for RoTM perhaps? lol

I saw this too so gave it a quick google, Return of Lucien is a music track that accompanies the quest, but that patch doesn't phrase anything well at all :c

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

>Return of Lucien

I saw this too so gave it a quick google, Return of Lucien is a music track that accompanies the quest, but that patch doesn't phrase anything well at all :c

Could be referencing the cutscene-only areas used for Lucien's appearance in rotm.

But yes it certainly does read rather funky.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Garbage update. I payed 724k just to die to someone with a steel titan, and then some farcasting [bleep]. Would it really pain Jagex just to bring back old BH, and extend the PJ protection timer? That's all the PKers who just want to have fun are asking for.

It's like they're selling rusher insurance with those fees, and instead pairing you up with someone in gano casting SoA.

Too bad dragonhide (or any other hide or range armor) offers terrible mage defence against a good with a good mage attack bonus. And range is too weak to defeat any good mage.

It doesn't appear that they fixed the "Invisibility" glitch with the Dragon Ceremonial Cape either ... :unsure:

I have not had any problems with my dragon ceremonial cape. What's the glitch you speak of?

C1Geq.png

>Return of Lucien

Return of Lucien was the original name of While Guthix Sleeps.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

The back of the void ranger helm is now visible.

wow finally. unfortunately i cant get on for a few days, could someone please post a picture?

261dhs2.png

Served, as I got on just to see this purported fix. I realize my hair is clipping the mask on the sides, but there is no back part anyway lol...

Even when bald, the mask does not extend to the back of the head. Hence why I'm still calling it a mask. I guess all they're talking about are the now-visible side things.

_______

Seems like an ugly waste of some beautiful graphics, but perhaps it's truly intended to be enjoyed after the eventual combat update, when hopefully it's no longer SOA > all.

2dgucz6.png

Too bad dragonhide (or any other hide or range armor) offers terrible mage defence against a good with a good mage attack bonus. And range is too weak to defeat any good mage.

Has this been proven in pvp? or is all this mage>everything stuff still being tied to duel arena experiments or pking with only the best equipment against ill prepaired opponents.

MFW @ 0:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrdBnGUTX0

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Has this been proven in pvp? or is all this mage>everything stuff still being tied to duel arena experiments or pking with only the best equipment against ill prepaired opponents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrdBnGUTX0&t=0m12s

YouTube is your friend. Plenty of people getting kills with SoA. May I recommend you check out Rhylek0's channel?

apparently the Supreme champion helm can be used outside of the crucible. +6 str so op.. Someone please tell me its not true..

The Supreme champion helm is cosmetic, at least according to the official wiki.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/The_Crucible#Supreme_Champions

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

apparently the Supreme champion helm can be used outside of the crucible. +6 str so op.. Someone please tell me its not true..

The Supreme champion helm is cosmetic, at least according to the official wiki.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/The_Crucible#Supreme_Champions

HD and [no] stats outside and inside of Crucible. Just mute the obnoxious music.

2dgucz6.png

I have a love/hate relationship with this update. so far I've only fought other maxed zerks, so fun raping their defence. Haven't fought this many zerkers since 2007 or so. Definitely a thumbs up for whatever Jagex uses to assess 'combat potential'. All my range tank friends are getting paired with 138s though, so ha at that. But if your target runs mid fight you get assigned another straight away, so if I leave I lose my fee but I'm often at half food and no spec left ;/. Also you can't use spec restores at the bank so you have to leave the crucible to drink spec restores then re-enter, but then you have to enter your bank pin again. Lots of little stupid things like this weighing down what otherwise would be a good update.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Method for everyone seems to be Gano+pps, leave if other person mages/ranges, rush meleers and hope they die.

For the few that melee, leave if other person mages...

Oh. Spot the problem.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Method for everyone seems to be Gano+pps, leave if other person mages/ranges, rush meleers and hope they die.

Oh. Spot the problem.

Just what I expected. Meleers lose to mages, rangers are too weak to beat a good mage so the whole area is just going to be infested by ganodermic mages. Fun!

YouTube is your friend. Plenty of people getting kills with SoA. May I recommend you check out Rhylek0's channel?

They can't really farcast you with SoA effectively, can they?

True. But with SoA it's generally not worth it to farcast. The amount of DPS you deal is so high that the opponent spends most of his time eating, and not attacking. And any damage you do take as the mage, you just heal yourself back to full LP with Soul Split.

Oh. Spot the problem.

Running means losing your fee and the ''winner'' gaining your fee? No problem in that I'd say. Easy millions by looking scary!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg