Behind the Scenes � July

Howlin0001

Figured this would be worth posting here:

As a part of our Social Slayer update (that is planned for this week) we will be adding degradation to the Slayer Helmet. This will work the same as the Barrows degradation. As compensation for this the Slayer Helmet in it's 'Full' form will now give a 20% bonus to all combat styles instead of 15%. The Black Mask, Focus Sight and Hexcrest in their original state will still only give 15%

nopen.png

QFC: 16-17-596-63866939

So maybe not. Have to wait and see.

Thank you, Guthix. That conversation was about half an hour of "aaaaaaaagh what the hell Jagex!" Glad to have it squashed.

Dragoon5464.png

Best part of the month and they don't even mention it in the main BTS article?

Might have been set for next Month, but released early?

Either way: I shall complete this quest. The penguins shall not reign! Harpies forever!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Will be next month I think. Sounds like no update next week as well going by him saying there will be more about the Gielinor games in next week's video.

Looking forward to the quest. |^_^|

[hide]tyP0B.png[/hide]

:thumbsup:

I liked the penguin quest series a lot when i was going for quest cape. Hopefully this one will be good as well. Requirements seem a bit low though.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Hope we get more polar bears or penguins to hunt each week!!

I was thinking that unless they break trend we should get SOMETHING more.

I mean quest 1 = 5 pengs got 2 points

quest 2 = polar bear

I could imagine quest 3 bringing more polars OR some seals/walrus (since they seem to be allied with pengs)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

New BTS video featuring a previously unannounced new penguin quest: WARNING contains spoilers of previous penguin quests.

So that's how to pronounce Ardougne...

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but I don't think I've ever heard it vocaly.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but I don't think I've ever heard it vocaly.

"ARR-doyne". Yes, I always thought it was pronounced "AR-doon" ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

It was in a recent RuneCast and in the "carcillean rising" quest too. How'd you miss it?

AR! DOON! DAMN YOU!

The penguin quest wasn't mentioned in the written BTS, so maybe that means it won't be coming out this month. The BTS video says there's going to be more teasers in next week's vid. This means we might have to wait till next month to actually get the release.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I alway have and always will say ardougne really wrong in my head. I have always said Argh-Dong, I think I must've been saying it that way in my head before I reallly learnt the spelling and it just stuck.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think I might be the only person that pronounces it "Ar-down", with the "own" being pronounced like "own" as in "to own something".

As for the quest, I really want to see the in-game models of (spoilers):

[hide]Freddy Mercury and Gene Simmons[/hide]

22031_s.gif

I think I used to say it as ar-da-goon or something like that (trying to enunciate the g). After that, I settled on are-den as my favorite pronunciation. I've been aware of the proper pronunciation since they published a bunch of them in one of the post letters, and there is a very complete list of pronunciations on their site, which can be found here.

I pronounce ardougne kind of as if it was a French word. Ar-doo-nyuh. I like my way, I'm never using the official pronunciation.

2480+ total

You won't believe how happy it makes me to see this :D

Not just the quest, which should be awesome (After a loooong drought of decent quests), but also the new addition to the D&D which will hopefully make it even more entertaining.

To answer the question on the page before, yes there will be a new spy, Nancy didn't tell us yet what it's gonna be (Seal? Walrus?) and according to her, it's gonna be (excuse me, original words) "a [bleep] to find"

It didn't sound like we'd get any points multiplication like from Cold war though, so I don't think XP values are gonna rise much. I could be wrong though of course.

Oh and if anyone wonders, this is not the end of the series and nancy doesn't have a definite end planned yet.

You won't believe how happy it makes me to see this :D

Not just the quest, which should be awesome (After a loooong drought of decent quests), but also the new addition to the D&D which will hopefully make it even more entertaining.

To answer the question on the page before, yes there will be a new spy, Nancy didn't tell us yet what it's gonna be (Seal? Walrus?) and according to her, it's gonna be (excuse me, original words) "a [bleep] to find"

It didn't sound like we'd get any points multiplication like from Cold war though, so I don't think XP values are gonna rise much. I could be wrong though of course.

Oh and if anyone wonders, this is not the end of the series and nancy doesn't have a definite end planned yet.

If it is deemed that hard to find I should think we are looking at a 3 pointer since 'hard' pengs are 2 points.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Possibly, but I wouldn't be too sure tbh. At runefest, Nancy at one point spoke about the new spy aa a "penguin point". Might have been a mistake might not have been.

Also considering that cold war gives 5 extra points and hunt for red raktuber only one...

Possibly, but I wouldn't be too sure tbh. At runefest, Nancy at one point spoke about the new spy aa a "penguin point". Might have been a mistake might not have been.

Also considering that cold war gives 5 extra points and hunt for red raktuber only one...

To the later point however:

Coldwar doubles points for hard penguins, hence logic of a 'super hard' spy being 2+

Also red raktuber we are finding someone on our own side in the polar bear agent not a spy plus he's in a fixed unmoving location that can only be in like 5 or 6 spots so he is an easy guy.

Don't get me wrong it could certainly be 1 point, I just think/hope that if it is a super hard spy bad guy we should be looking at 2+ points to fit in with current system.

Plv6Dz6.jpg