Behind the Scenes � July

Howlin0001

I don't think you need to have been a member for 10 years total (has membership even been out that long?)... your account just needs to be 10 years old and you need to be a member to claim the cape.

Either way I won't be getting my cape till 2016 hah.

Membership for runescape was introduced feb. 2002, so in theory some players may have had membership for 10 years consecutively, but I'm tending to agree it will follow 5 year vet cape, and go by date of creation rather than date of first membership.

The only potential problem with that is Jagex does not have any records on accounts created during 2001. Records start once membership was introduced. So for extremely old accounts created in 2001, according to Jagex, they'd have been around since 2002 if they subscribed to members when it first came out.

They should have records because back 2002 or so they listed some unreleased skill hiscore wrong (herblaw?) and it listed it based by account creation date or account id# in order from first rs account...thats where list "first 1k rs accounts" or something was made from that is been spreading in internet since then...Andrew even kept records of total account online age since very beginning so it would be odd to leave out creation date from details.

I understand the fsh degrade perfectly well as it's a very powerful helmet - +3 ranged/magic attack, +10 magic defence, able to hold scrolls. I imagine it will be one of the very few non-class helmets after the EoC as well.

The 15%/20% thing is a bit stupid however because right now it provides 1/6th boost, not 15%.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't think you need to have been a member for 10 years total (has membership even been out that long?)... your account just needs to be 10 years old and you need to be a member to claim the cape.

Either way I won't be getting my cape till 2016 hah.

Membership for runescape was introduced feb. 2002, so in theory some players may have had membership for 10 years consecutively, but I'm tending to agree it will follow 5 year vet cape, and go by date of creation rather than date of first membership.

The only potential problem with that is Jagex does not have any records on accounts created during 2001. Records start once membership was introduced. So for extremely old accounts created in 2001, according to Jagex, they'd have been around since 2002 if they subscribed to members when it first came out.

They should have records because back 2002 or so they listed some unreleased skill hiscore wrong (herblaw?) and it listed it based by account creation date or account id# in order from first rs account...thats where list "first 1k rs accounts" or something was made from that is been spreading in internet since then...Andrew even kept records of total account online age since very beginning so it would be odd to leave out creation date from details.

Seems like the 10 year cape counter will start from date membership was introduced, so feb. 2002. Anything before that was back when runescape was still very low key garage project-esque to have too much in the way of reliable dates/creation data.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I understand the fsh degrade perfectly well as it's a very powerful helmet - +3 ranged/magic attack, +10 magic defence, able to hold scrolls. I imagine it will be one of the very few non-class helmets after the EoC as well.

The 15%/20% thing is a bit stupid however because right now it provides 1/6th boost, not 15%.

Seems to me that this means you won't be able to separate the helmet without paying some fee, since its joined now by adding all the items. It has to be such a system where it costs money to create or it can't be separated (else the person could separate it and then rejoin it to get full again)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I just want to get this out there in case I'm right...

My prediction is it will only be rechargeable with the co-op points, not the normal slayer points or money (or exorborantly expensive if it is) in an attempt to push co-op slayer on us.

• Like 1

Bad enough xp rate will be lowered when EoC comes out. Now I'm going to have to deal with duos crashing me and keep paying for a new helm.

I paid 400 slayer points, and the Slayer Masters taught me how to craft a degradeable helmet? I want my money back.

Anyone have the QFC of that statement or is it in a video?

What these guys should have done was produced a Slayer Helm of an even higher tier (giving the 20% boost) and have whatever degrade mechanic they're planning apply to this helm, and when it fully degrades revert to the 7/6 slayer helm.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Seems to me that this means you won't be able to separate the helmet without paying some fee, since its joined now by adding all the items. It has to be such a system where it costs money to create or it can't be separated (else the person could separate it and then rejoin it to get full again)

They could tie the degrade percentage to the player and not the helmet like with a crystal bow. So that way if you separate your 5% helmet and re-assemble it'll stay 5%.

I hope it doesn't take duo slayer to repair.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I've always been a fan of decaying armor and weapons. It'd do the game good in my opinion if with EoC they incorporate that into all weaponry. Nothing complicated, and as suggested earlier there should be a one stop shop for repairing all your items. Best case scenario is a method players can do on their own, maybe as a smithng/crafting/fletching skill plus cost.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Wait what? Where is the degradable slayer helm info from?

Guess this is the end of my Slayer career. Originally planned to end it with EoC update.

28m slayer xp till the end of days.

I wonder whether the degradable slayer helm will still be able to hold scrolls. iirc no degradable items currently do

Lets hope for an oversight so it doesn't degrade. :lol:

Any news in the waiting room? Rsof seems to break my Kindle. :<

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

rsof waiting room says wednesday update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder whether the degradable slayer helm will still be able to hold scrolls. iirc no degradable items currently do

Lets hope for an oversight so it doesn't degrade. :lol:

Any news in the waiting room? Rsof seems to break my Kindle. :<

Tomorrow.

I think a lot of people are missing the point with social slayer. I don't think their intention is to make it so unfavourable tasks can be done quicker or anything like that. The update is simply to make it so you can definitely get the same slayer task as friends and therefore train in the same spot. I'm really looking forward to it because I like to hang out with my brother in game and we both enjoy slayer, this has often resulted in my tagging along on his slayer tasks and vice versa but thanks to this update that won't be an issue.

Anyone only waiting for this update for extra rewards or more efficient exp is gonna be disappointed I expect. But those of us (like me) looking to use the update for social purposes should be pretty excited.

I think a lot of people are missing the point with social slayer. I don't think their intention is to make it so unfavourable tasks can be done quicker or anything like that. The update is simply to make it so you can definitely get the same slayer task as friends and therefore train in the same spot. I'm really looking forward to it because I like to hang out with my brother in game and we both enjoy slayer, this has often resulted in my tagging along on his slayer tasks and vice versa but thanks to this update that won't be an issue.

Anyone only waiting for this update for extra rewards or more efficient exp is gonna be disappointed I expect. But those of us (like me) looking to use the update for social purposes should be pretty excited.

I didn't care about it until the slayer helmet change was mentioned.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Anyone have the QFC of that statement or is it in a video?

Someone in #hlf posted it, and said that was posted in some private forum on RSOF.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Figured this would be worth posting here:

As a part of our Social Slayer update (that is planned for this week) we will be adding degradation to the Slayer Helmet. This will work the same as the Barrows degradation. As compensation for this the Slayer Helmet in it's 'Full' form will now give a 20% bonus to all combat styles instead of 15%. The Black Mask, Focus Sight and Hexcrest in their original state will still only give 15%

nopen.png

QFC: 16-17-596-63866939

So maybe not. Have to wait and see.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg