07 Aug 2012 - Some Like it Cold

TheLad1

Today's update - shame I can't get back in :)

Always nice to start with a Thin Lizzy lyric.

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak in Some Like It Cold: the latest in the series of quests starring RuneScape's megalomaniacal penguins. Expect espionage, improbable disguises, circus-loving seal guards, and good old rock n' roll.

pp_thumb-07103729.png

While following a lead regarding the whereabouts of a lost comrade, Teddy the polar bear spy has been captured by long-standing enemies, the seals. Diplomatic relations between the two factions are already frosty, and tempers are starting to heat up in this cold war.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to infiltrate the POW (Prisoner of Walrus) camp in which Teddy is incarcerated. With the help of rock gods Ping and Pong, you'll locate Teddy, incite a riot, beat the guards at Battlefish, and enact a prison break like no other.

Rewards include a boatload of Fishing, Crafting, Construction and Thieving XP, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also a new thieving-based event in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza; the opportunity to customise your clockwork penguin suit; and a surprise for sharp-eyed spies among you.

Finally, there's an Early (Flightless) Bird Bonus for everyone enjoying Some Like It Cold fresh from the freezer. Complete the quest by the 21st of August 2012 (GMT) to earn an Early Bird XP tome, which imparts the following:

• 40k Crafting XP
  • 40k Thieving XP
  • 10k Construction XP
  • 10k Fishing XP

How to start Some Like it Cold:

Speak to Chuck in Ardougne Zoo. Note that Chuck will only appear if you meet the quest requirement given below.

Requirements:

Mod Nancy

In Other News

Queen Black Dragon Changes:We've put together a raft of improvements for the Queen Black Dragon based on your feedback, in particular the well-reasoned threads of Tamond and Korey the l.

• Summoning charms have been added to the drop table of the QBD, and some of the less profitable rewards have been removed.
  • Mature grotworm drop tables have had some items removed.
  • Tortured souls should no longer wander off after teleporting in for a shadow attack.
  • There is now a ~10 second cooldown on the normal dragonfire, to avoid unfair spamming of an unblockable attack.
  • There is now a ~30 second cooldown on the siphon life attack.
  • Shadow attacks and the summoning of tortured souls can no longer occur within 10 seconds of each other. This is to prevent situations where both of these occurring near-simultaneously could result in having too many shadow attacks on the ground at the same time.
  • The click area on the QBD's grotworms has been slightly increased, as they were hard to click on with the zoomed out camera.
  • The click area on the tortured souls has been reduced. Siphon life will no longer fill up your screen with a giant click area, due to the spell effects.

View the Patch Notes Archive here.

7th August 2012

Skills & Minigames:

• The camera now resets correctly when leaving the TokHaar Fight Kiln.

Other:

• Players can no longer collapse from exhaustion over the finish line in the Head to Head Gielinor Games race, then proceed to freely walk around the area.
  • Picking up Dungeoneering keys no longer cause the camera to zoom in.

the_lad_1.png

Patch Notes:

Skills & Minigames:

• The camera now resets correctly when leaving the TokHaar Fight Kiln.

Other:

• Players can no longer collapse from exhaustion over the finish line in the Head to Head Gielinor Games race' date=' then proceed to freely walk around the area.
    [*']Picking up Dungeoneering keys no longer cause the camera to zoom in.

Also, there is a little bit of downtime, (QFC 15-16-290-63930340):

Hey all' date='

Apologies for this extended downtime. We hope to have the servers back online within the next 10 minutes time.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

[/quote']

The QBD changes look promising, but then again I've never done the QBD, but it does seem to address some of the complaints I have been hearing. Time will tell.

More importantly, I love the Penguin Quests! I hope it's good. :D

Also, fixed up the topic title to include the date. ;)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Keeps telling me Runescape is updated and to refresh the page. Except...I do that and I get the same message.

This.

Reporting in before end of runescape.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Keeps telling me Runescape is updated and to refresh the page. Except...I do that and I get the same message.

Likewise, I get same message from Client & website log in. Usual update issues I guess.

the_lad_1.png

cant even get on the rs hompage and trying to go direct to world just tells me the server was reset and to reload the page.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hey all,

Apologies for this extended downtime. We hope to have the servers back online within the next 10 minutes time.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

[qfc]15-16-290-63930340[/qfc]

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Picking up Dungeoneering keys no longer cause the camera to zoom in.

did they fix zooming in as soon as you start a dungeon?

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

has anyone figured out how to make the dumb board game? I got the game pieces but theres no in game help for how to make the dumb board.

michel555555.png

Answer:

[hide]There's a wooden plank you can find in the camp, along with material from Teddy's suit[/hide]

Other stuff

[hide]

eggman.png

battlefish.png

That was fun, lol[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Having trouble on the sub bit.

No matter how much I repair etc. my overall health seems to continually drop and only refill when I full sink an enemy ergo every run so far luck of finding enemies has dictated how far I've gotten and not beat it yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

where? theres a brown thing next to a search light but it has no options whatsoever. And i've checked everywhere els around the camp but there's nothing.

michel555555.png

where? theres a brown thing next to a search light but it has no options whatsoever. And i've checked everywhere els around the camp but there's nothing.

[hide]Behind the house Plaza is standing outside. Check the west wall.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.