07 Aug 2012 - Some Like it Cold

TheLad1

ah ty

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Completed it!

[hide]That was fun, but I swear the penguin storyline is getting progressively darker and more serious. It started off as a goofy "Evil penguins are taking over the world" plot, but now characters are mentioning slavery, treaties, torture and full blown PTSD. I'm even starting to doubt that the Polar Bears are the good guys now. I love it.

Does anybody know what the "surprise for sharp-eyed spies among you" is yet? I does have something to do with Penguin Hide and Seek, right?[/hide]

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Quest completed. Good quest, but the last bit was annoying. meh, oh well. Interesting to see where this leads us in the series...

[hide] I think that you're right saying the extra reward is another penguin, cause that was mention in the bts, and then nothing about it iirc in the actual post about it. *goes to find new peng*[/hide]

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Anyone discovered any of the post quest stuff?

[hide]You mention that you parked the submarine near Yanille - any idea if you can get back to it?

Additionally, anyhting about Sheldon and Larry?

How about the new hide and seek thing?[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide]From the quest end I'd imagine the new peng is either gonna be ping and pong or sheldon. Especially as Larry is hiding Sheldon

As for the sub they say they will take care of it aka it's gone[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]From the quest end I'd imagine the new peng is either gonna be ping and pong or sheldon. Especially as Larry is hiding Sheldon

As for the sub they say they will take care of it aka it's gone[/hide]

[hide]Yeah, the sub is gone. I was trying to get back the conch but i don't think i can get it back... if anyone knows how to or has one then maybe they could do something about that.

My bet for the new peng is sheldon randomly roams around with Larry, and larry seems to try and elude the polar agents as they attempt to interrogate him from his experience. :P Crazy, but since when has this quest been sane?[/hide]

@ above, If your ship gets hit and it shakes the screen you have like 3 moves left until you die no matter what. :/ It sucks but just keep trying.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

gotta say this is getting close to getting my vote for worst quest of the year. the last battle fish is a joke.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Can someone please help me out on the submarine battlefish? No matter what I do, I sink always, however, all my bars are at least 60%, my health is just gone, and that without being hit by the seals.

[hide] Your overall health always goes down, keeping things repaired slows it and occasionally if you get them all near max it will go back up a little bit. You get fully healed when you sink an enemy.

Essentially every turn or 2 (subject to peoples energy bars) assign 1-2 people then get back for your turn and then hope you have a bit of luck in finding the ships.

They have two 4 long ships and 1 3 long (Or atleast my game ended after hitting 3 spots on my last one)

I found the best tactic was to hit A1 first, then miss 3 spaces and go again (so E2) and work systematically like that moving 1 space across on each new row (so B2 f2 etc.)

This way you will 100% definitely hit on the 4 long ships as both sideways and vertical you only have 3 spaces between any 2 strikes. And you have a fair chance of hitting the smaller one as well.[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I always did the grid pattern so I MUST hit the 4 long ships, but at the time I find the 2nd one, I'm already dead, and yes, every 4-5 "bombs" I assign new orders to keep my submarine alive. Alas... Guess I'll have to find my box of luck somewhere. :P

Yeah, I always did the grid pattern so I MUST hit the 4 long ships, but at the time I find the 2nd one, I'm already dead, and yes, every 4-5 "bombs" I assign new orders to keep my submarine alive. Alas... Guess I'll have to find my box of luck somewhere. :P

You should do it more frequently.

For first 5 moves you should assign all 4 between each go (so move, assign, move assign etc.)

Then after that ping & pong need 1/2 turns of rest before you send em again

Larry needs 2/3

The old guy needs 3/4

The more time they repair they better health lasts, plus it seems to be when they repair beyond max that you get health bar back.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes because the top 'health' bar continually goes down regardless of repair state but having people do repairs does 3 things:

1) Repairs that specific item

2) Slows the overall health bar drop

3) Occasionally (seemingly when 'repairing' full bars) bumps main health back up a bit.

Point 1 is the least important since unless you seriously screw up no single item should get to low or break before health kills you anyway.

Point 2 and 3 is why you want to keep them going though, they slow it down and occasionally make it back up a bit which buys you more time to find the enemies.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

From Mod Nancy on RSOF:

It's not Sheldon or Ping and Pong, it's just another penguin spy but he's not as "visible" as the others.

[qfc]15-16-145-63930939[/qfc] First few replies.

So it's just a extra stealthy peng no ping n pong or sheldon.

rsof rumour's seem to confirm you cannot get a hint for it and it might need ring of visiblity, no jmod confirms/denials though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new peng isn't properly functioning yet and won;t until peng reset; I seem to recall polar bear did not show up until they do a manual reset of pengs (cause the update was on weds or thurs if memory serves) resulting in a double peng week.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I died the first time I tried the last fight, but I had no clue what to do. After playing around, I figured it out and the second time I got it.

All I did was do a few rounds trying to hit (guessing), then send everyone to repair the 4 lowest things. I then kept sending people to fix the lowest things after doing my turn to make sure I didn't miss any turns. I didn't have any trouble with it.

I liked the quest, but the previous ones were better. I did laugh a few times during the quest.

it's generally easier to send out one repair command, then fire, then send out another one, and then fire again, and so on

my main issue with this portion of the quest is the fact that it's easy to accidentally close the door between the crew and the periscope

8f14270694.jpg

Finished it. Really enjoyed it too, was definatly better than the other ones imo.

Specially loved how surprisingly dark it went sometimes. After hearing the stories from the old folks about how motherland used to be, I began to see sympathy on the penguins, which were evil but wacky evil to begin with, and see real malice on the Polar Bears and Seals. Specially the bears, which after knowing their real agenda, I've started to notice they have a very sarcastic, mechanical and overall evil speech and tone. Theodore and Chuck now seem like part of a Villain organization rather than our allies. I love it.

It also had a fair share of funny moments. The penguin bandwas hilarious all the way through, as were the seals, and how completely defeated theodore felt. Walrusm was kinda meh to me, could have been executed better imo. I also facepamed when I noticed why Theodore is in the circus, since it's so obvious yet I didnt connect the dots.

Overall, great quest, good to know that amidst all the microtransactions Jagex still hasn't lost it's knack for good qriting in quests. Now release Mourning Ends 3 and My Foot's big mistep and I'll be a happy man.

• Like 1

Well there is your reference to Acheron. I guess its where the penguins base is located and will be the platform for the next quest... Whenever that comes out. Maybe we'll see some mammoths.

Any news on the side rewards? I think I'm going to troll the RSOF boards and see what I can find.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

For those who care, the free top of that tropical outfit is now available in Solomon's store. Odd that they didn't announce it. My guess is there will be an announcement tomorrow/later this week where they add more stuff to the squeal or something too.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

For those who care, the free top of that tropical outfit is now available in Solomon's store. Odd that they didn't announce it. My guess is there will be an announcement tomorrow/later this week where they add more stuff to the squeal or something too.

There's other new stuff in there today, it didn't get more than a banner in the lobby.

It's a nice change.

• Like 2