07 Aug 2012 - Some Like it Cold

TheLad1

New peng in Hide and Seek. It's worth 3 points but really hard to find...

- Requires ring of visibility (and even then, it's a translucent, very faint blue that is quite hard to notice);

- Makes no sound (unlike normal pengs);

- Seems to teleport (on its own) to a new random area every few minutes.

Good luck, even using a chat...

• Like 1

New peng in Hide and Seek. It's worth 3 points but really hard to find...

- Requires ring of visibility (and even then, it's a translucent, very faint blue that is quite hard to notice);

- Makes no sound (unlike normal pengs);

- Seems to teleport (on its own) to a new random area every few minutes.

Good luck, even using a chat...

If this turns out to be legit... BOOM! CALLED IT!

I predicted that it would:

-teleport randomly

-require ring of visiblity

-give 3 points

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

This is what the penguin looks like btw (bottom right of the screenie). Need ring of invisibility to see it, it can go directly over mountains and water, it seems to spawn at 1 point penguin spots.

licencetochill.png

• Like 2

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I can't seem to get past the talking to 5 penguins task.

I've spoken to all unnamed penguins I could find, but each dialog ends with still needing one more...

The conversations each open differently, I've got:

Psst! ...

Comrade! ...

Any Bright Ideas ...

Hi, I was just curious ...

So you ever think...

Am I missing a penguin somewhere, or am I stuck in a glitch?

ciabelle.png

^

Have y

I've spoken to all unnamed penguins I could find, but each dialog ends with still needing one more...

Psst! ...

Comrade! ...

Any Bright Ideas ...

So you ever think...

Have you talked to the one by the fishing spot - I missed that one 1st time round.

the_lad_1.png

^

Have y

Psst! ...

Comrade! ...

Any Bright Ideas ...

So you ever think...

Have you talked to the one by the fishing spot - I missed that one 1st time round.

There's also another one in a little alley close to the bear that's easy to miss.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Quest was great, storyline was humorous as always with a darker edge to it, which worked so perfectly.

My only problem with quest was the battlefish at end, would've made more sense making a second interface that was switch-able with the game interface for assigning repairs etc. instead of having to run from periscope to the other room with the big board in it. Also on the topic of battlefish the enemy A.I. was wtf? in the game against seal he had all my fish 1 or 2 hits from sinking and exhausted all squares around the fish, then moved onto another area of board :shock:

Hope they let you play battlefish against other players like conquest eventually, would be my favourite mini-game ever :smile:

On a side note... just one agility level 76/77 and then ROTM til QP cape.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The point of running around was to simulate a hectic atmosphere on a vessel during an attack. If it had been practical, it would be like a normal submarine simulator.

ofc, they could have just all stood CLOSER to the periscope, but perhaps at the same time, they positioned themselves near the middle because of their need to be able to access any of the stations at a moment's notice

as others may have noted, the AI has been redone to purposely avoid hitting your pieces until you've had a fair chance to find the ships using strategy

8f14270694.jpg

The point of running around was to simulate a hectic atmosphere on a vessel during an attack. If it had been practical, it would be like a normal submarine simulator.

ofc, they could have just all stood CLOSER to the periscope, but perhaps at the same time, they positioned themselves near the middle because of their need to be able to access any of the stations at a moment's notice

as others may have noted, the AI has been redone to purposely avoid hitting your pieces until you've had a fair chance to find the ships using strategy

I get the making it feel hectic part, and i would have preferred a game against npcs that didn't act like they had there brains removed and replaced by Yelp's brain or lack thereof.

Maybe let us have a rematch, wonder if we can re-access the seal camp and play the seal again...

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

a more realistic way to have gone about doing it is if the submarine moves every turn to a random location, making it so that having only one large vessel isn't such a huge disadvantage

as for a rematch, it's unlikely since the submarine is set for decommission.

supposedly.

i mean, there's a small chance that it'll be retrofitted by the polar bears for personal use

but they wouldn't do that, right?

8f14270694.jpg

a more realistic way to have gone about doing it is if the submarine moves every turn to a random location, making it so that having only one large vessel isn't such a huge disadvantage

as for a rematch, it's unlikely since the submarine is set for decommission.

supposedly.

i mean, there's a small chance that it'll be retrofitted by the polar bears for personal use

but they wouldn't do that, right?

Think we have hit a mis-understanding, I'm on about the battlefish game to gain access to circus supplies, not the end of quest submarine one. That seal guarding the door's AI was terrible my ships were like this;

[]oooooo[][][]

[][]ooxx[][][][]

[][]ooooo[][][]

And then the seal proceeded to move onto the other side of my board, I mean it was obvious where my fish was located, why leave it 2/3 sunk...

[] = empty square, o = miss, x = hit.

Sorry for the bad attempt to explain, should've printscreened the actual board now :/ lol

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

It's not a huge disadvantage having a huge vessel. The way their AI is set up is that even if it recognizes a ht it doesn't always keep going I that general area. On the first game for instance I had won because the AI got 2/4 hits on my last ship, but for some reason started randomly hunting in other areas including around where it had hit before.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think people are far too generous calling it an 'AI' the enemies have in battleships, the way it plays to me seems like a pure a simple RNG throwing out utterly random choices of available squares with no reasoning behind it at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think people are far too generous calling it an 'AI' the enemies have in battleships, the way it plays to me seems like a pure a simple RNG throwing out utterly random choices of available squares with no reasoning behind it at all.

Seems more likely to be fair, must have been coincidence that when a hit was registered on my fish they scored a second hit before going off the radar and missing for the next 7-8 turns.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

The camp looked really nice. :)

The humor was pretty good as well.

Honestly would have preferred voice acting for this quest, especially for the walrus.

[spoiler=Also]Glad to be reunited with that tard. I wonder if they'll make his suit obtainable, such as from the related circus event?

2dgucz6.png

Like I said, there are signs showing that the behaviors have been set to purposely miss for a set amount of turns, rather than actually playing the game.

Not a bad thing. It would have made the submarine part worse than EW3 if they actually played seriously.

Yes, but the AI should at least be able to not miss in the same spot 3+ times in a row. Pretty fun quest but felt a bit short. I'm eager for a penguin master/grandmaster 2 hour puzzle quest (the penguin series doesn't seem like the type for major boss fights). However at this rate of a penguin quest every three years I'm not going to hold my breath

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Everyone is waiting on the next elf quest and then after that probably either the next morytania or rise of zaros. Personally I can't wait for the next elf quest and rise of zaros because I got a big hunch its going to be the platform for the return of the gods quest line.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png