05 Sept 2012 - GWD Remastered

Ambler

Well if anyone manages to find those explorer notes please transcribe them here.

Rs wiki can be a fickle [bleep] because of ther hard line respect for jagex claim of ownership they've made regarding to transcriptions of text. Dungeoneering notes being the biggest example.

wa?

Rs wiki has full transcripts of every dg journal =S

I could never find them before. Irrelevant to me now as I am 116 and read everything from other sources. But at one point jagex was very adamant on the issue.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well if anyone manages to find those explorer notes please transcribe them here.

Rs wiki can be a fickle [bleep] because of ther hard line respect for jagex claim of ownership they've made regarding to transcriptions of text. Dungeoneering notes being the biggest example.

wa?

Rs wiki has full transcripts of every dg journal =S

I could never find them before. Irrelevant to me now as I am 116 and read everything from other sources. But at one point jagex was very adamant on the issue.

I literally have no idea wtf you on about. I been using rs wiki to read dg journals since like day 1 of dg launch never had any issue finding them (obviously within reason of some of the higher level rarer ones taking a few weeks to emerge or w/e)

Edit also it seems a jagwiki balls up the 'explorers notes' shown as a gwd drop is this item:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Explorer%27s_notes

Though I guess there is potential for there to be another note set and they have just ballsed linking up, I mean it is jagex wiki they still haven't fixed the fact they miss arma boots and bandos helm off the drop lists or the fact they called the mage stuff 'subjection' rather than 'subjugation'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Nex journal is the most intriguing so far with hints of a new fortress a more solid telling of the Zaros wipe out than we had before etc. My only slightly disappointment is that in talking about her strongest allies they failed to address Umbra, Glacies, Fumus and Cruor.

Still possible though, I think several notes can be dropped by each boss, so we'll have to wait and see.

Going from the jagex wiki there is only 1 for each god. Plus some 'explorer's notes' by some Dwarf that seems to be new.

Odd, when I click on Zilyana's notes it tells me it's missing many pages and incomplete.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I think Nex journal is the most intriguing so far with hints of a new fortress a more solid telling of the Zaros wipe out than we had before etc. My only slightly disappointment is that in talking about her strongest allies they failed to address Umbra, Glacies, Fumus and Cruor.

Still possible though, I think several notes can be dropped by each boss, so we'll have to wait and see.

Going from the jagex wiki there is only 1 for each god. Plus some 'explorer's notes' by some Dwarf that seems to be new.

Odd, when I click on Zilyana's notes it tells me it's missing many pages and incomplete.

It's a book from thousands and thousands of years ago the fact it is missing pages and incomplete doesn't mean we CAN complete it. There's many books in RS with missing pages that are just that.

Certainly not impossible there are pages to be had for them, but judging purely by the jagex wiki the 5 books are each listed as a single item with no sign of pages or w/e to be added to em.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Now that I think about it and have read those explorer notes that's one of the bits of lore you get as you discover the god wars area. It's nothing new...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Now that I think about it and have read those explorer notes that's one of the bits of lore you get as you discover the god wars area. It's nothing new...

I think you are thinking the Knight's notes, the one you get from the dying knight when you first reach GWD and are asked to deliver to Sir Tiffy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think you are thinking the Knight's notes, the one you get from the dying knight when you first reach GWD and are asked to deliver to Sir Tiffy.

No because I specifically remember reading that lore about the dwarf ages ago. Maybe jagex when releasing the god wars dungeon the first time hinted at people finding information from reldo... Im not sure.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No because I specifically remember reading that lore about the dwarf ages ago. Maybe jagex when releasing the god wars dungeon the first time hinted at people finding information from reldo... Im not sure.

That explorer's notes, as said on the page I linked too, is found in Keldagrim Library. It was definitely a bit of a pre-release hint though as it appeared July 2007 whilst GWD came August 2007.

You probably have read it before it you care about lore, but it's not something you get directly from GWD and you can never come across it, where as the Knight's notes is the one you get when you discover GWD.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

And the last one detailing the life of Graardor and how he and Bandos came into being mercenaries.

The Glory of General Graardor - written by Amanuensis

After learning of the god Bandos' date=' I did everything in my power to follow him. This desire has led me ot where I am now: documenting the life of the great General Graardor.

Graardor enjoys recalling his life as a young ourg. He was only seven or eight-feet tall, smaller than the others in his tribe, and he wasn't able ot eat a pig whole. Even then, Graardor found favour with the Big High War God. His tribe would only allow sizeable adults to go to war, but the Big High War God have him the courage to challenge the Tribe Chief to a wrestling match to the death. Graardor won, was able to go to war, and was the new Tribe Chief to boot.

Despite his youth and size, Graardor kiled more than any on the battlefield. His tribe mates recall a pile of bodies as big as White Wold Mountain.

The great battles continued and Graardor grew in stature. Any who tried to fight him were crushed or tossed away. He even talked with the Big High War God, who told him to go to a town near his village. There he found a large reserve of gold - something he never really cared for. But, when he carried the gold past a tribe of goblins on his way back to his homeland, they followed him eagerly and fought over the coins that fell to the floor.

It was then that Graardor began his ascent to becoming General Graardor. with his bag of overflowing coins he visited the many goblin tribes. One by one they pledged allegiance to Graardor, until he was in command or the majority of all the goblins. With his army amassed, few could stand between him and anything he wanted.

It couldn't last forever. Raids resulted in less and less gold, as opponents became poor or moved away. The Big High War God neglected ot answer his questions. The loyalty of the goblins began ot waver, and many abandoned his command.

The great Graardor would not let his followers leave so easily. He sold his armies and his strength to the highest bidders - other gods, hungry for power. The gold he gained was used ot buy the loyalty of other tribes, who were in turn sold as warriors. Success did not make Graardor happy, however. The voice of the Big High War God did not come to him.

The question ate at Graardor did the Big High War God himself abandoned him? Perhaps the Big High War God had only shown Graardor as mcuh as was needed. Perhaps He would call of Graardor's power once again, when the time was right. Graardor had the biggest army and was the most powerful. The Big High War God must have known that Graardor was doing well on his own.

[/quote']

Ok i'm intrigued now. So Bandos never actually had a pressence in the gw? his followers were basically just following the highest bidder and couldnt commune with bandos. So quick question is why didn't bandos comunicate with his followers during the god wars?

We know he made that avatar pendant and put most of his power into it but i dont recall it ever saying when it was made. So did bandos know something the other gods didn't? Maby something about guthix and made the pendant during the god wars because he knew that eventually the gods would be barred from interfering in the world?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And the last one detailing the life of Graardor and how he and Bandos came into being mercenaries.

The Glory of General Graardor - written by Amanuensis

After learning of the god Bandos' date=' I did everything in my power to follow him. This desire has led me ot where I am now: documenting the life of the great General Graardor.

Graardor enjoys recalling his life as a young ourg. He was only seven or eight-feet tall, smaller than the others in his tribe, and he wasn't able ot eat a pig whole. Even then, Graardor found favour with the Big High War God. His tribe would only allow sizeable adults to go to war, but the Big High War God have him the courage to challenge the Tribe Chief to a wrestling match to the death. Graardor won, was able to go to war, and was the new Tribe Chief to boot.

Despite his youth and size, Graardor kiled more than any on the battlefield. His tribe mates recall a pile of bodies as big as White Wold Mountain.

The great battles continued and Graardor grew in stature. Any who tried to fight him were crushed or tossed away. He even talked with the Big High War God, who told him to go to a town near his village. There he found a large reserve of gold - something he never really cared for. But, when he carried the gold past a tribe of goblins on his way back to his homeland, they followed him eagerly and fought over the coins that fell to the floor.

It was then that Graardor began his ascent to becoming General Graardor. with his bag of overflowing coins he visited the many goblin tribes. One by one they pledged allegiance to Graardor, until he was in command or the majority of all the goblins. With his army amassed, few could stand between him and anything he wanted.

It couldn't last forever. Raids resulted in less and less gold, as opponents became poor or moved away. The Big High War God neglected ot answer his questions. The loyalty of the goblins began ot waver, and many abandoned his command.

The great Graardor would not let his followers leave so easily. He sold his armies and his strength to the highest bidders - other gods, hungry for power. The gold he gained was used ot buy the loyalty of other tribes, who were in turn sold as warriors. Success did not make Graardor happy, however. The voice of the Big High War God did not come to him.

The question ate at Graardor did the Big High War God himself abandoned him? Perhaps the Big High War God had only shown Graardor as mcuh as was needed. Perhaps He would call of Graardor's power once again, when the time was right. Graardor had the biggest army and was the most powerful. The Big High War God must have known that Graardor was doing well on his own.

[/quote']

Ok i'm intrigued now. So Bandos never actually had a pressence in the gw? his followers were basically just following the highest bidder and couldnt commune with bandos. So quick question is why didn't bandos comunicate with his followers during the god wars?

We know he made that avatar pendant and put most of his power into it but i dont recall it ever saying when it was made. So did bandos know something the other gods didn't? Maby something about guthix and made the pendant during the god wars because he knew that eventually the gods would be barred from interfering in the world?

Nothing in that lore says when it happened.

Judging by what is described it is all very much pre-godwars (or atleast before Graador went to the GWD area) I mean raids imply raiding neighbouring settlements not a prolonged warfare in a cave.

Buying and selling armies to highest bidder doesn't sound like Graador is actually going to war himself etc.

Plus even more so as it fails to mention the things Armadyl touches upon namely Kree called for aid from allies, no-one came, Kree told them about Godsword they (Zil and Graador) came to help THEN Graador swapped to ally with Kril.

Plus it leaves it open for Bandos to of sent Graador "Perhaps He would call of Graardor's power once again, when the time was right." considering Kree's call to allies would've been to Sara and Bandos direct opposed to specific fighters (one would assume) it kinda implies Bandos must of then decided to send Graador with his big army etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I see that a squeal related newspost has now pushed a game update from the top story. Bloody ridiculous it's virtually impossible to get the full reward from the SoF update by using up free spins.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

his followers were basically just following the highest bidder and couldnt commune with bandos. So quick question is why didn't bandos comunicate with his followers during the god wars?

Remember that Bandos is a god of war, and for the most part His followers are obsessed with combat. I get the impression that they just saw that a war was happening and rushed to get involved in any way that they could.

I have yet to go to GWD, but I do enjoy the new stuff I've already seen, especially the new Subjugation robes and the lore. My only problem with the lore: in the book of Nex Lumbridge is mentioned, but Lumbridge is only founded in the fifth age, while Nex was captured somewhere at the end of the second age-the beginning of the third age. :s

I have yet to go to GWD, but I do enjoy the new stuff I've already seen, especially the new Subjugation robes and the lore. My only problem with the lore: in the book of Nex Lumbridge is mentioned, but Lumbridge is only founded in the fifth age, while Nex was captured somewhere at the end of the second age-the beginning of the third age. :s

Personally I decided to read that as referring to the bridge itself opposed to the town, on the basis that a bridge was probably already there and would've been the Lum Bridge or Lumbridge; but you are right it shouldn't really be there.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Give IVPex some credit it was there first attempt at in-game lore since SOF/SGS lore.

Just be grateful that Graardor isn't Yelps biological brother or something

• Like 3

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Especially when it reads that Virtus drew magic from the water altar there, which was only put there when the Moonclan had discovered the altars, in the beginning of the fifth age. :s There's something wrong with the lore here...

No the lore is fine (on that part), you've jumped to wrong conclusion.

It draws from a 'magical rift' that turns out to be connected to another world and it mentions it's inhabitants.

Water altar is not a world, it is a pocket realm.

Water altar does not have inhabitants.

Altars did not even HAVE pocket realms until after the barbarians attacked destroying them and they created the realms themselves.

Altars aren't 'rifts'

Conversely:

Fairy rings run off a magical rift, the entrance to Zanaris uses a fairy ring (inside at least)

Zanaris is (in lore) a different world.

Zanaris has inhabitants.

The rift is quite clearly the Zanaris entrance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Especially when it reads that Virtus drew magic from the water altar there, which was only put there when the Moonclan had discovered the altars, in the beginning of the fifth age. :s There's something wrong with the lore here...

For some reason, when they mentioned a magical rift in the swamp I immediately thought of the hidden entrance to Zanaris. Could it be possible that was the source of his magic and not the water altar?

Edit: Sy beat me to it >.>

Sylpheed.png