05 Sept 2012 - GWD Remastered

Ambler

Oh noes, update ruined my Freddie Mercury outfit!

This forum now needs a dislike button. HOW COULD YOU JAGEX! :sad:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Just got around to checking the GWD today and I have to say they did a stunning job with the place.

Looks truly marvelous. Very pleased with it.

Especially when it reads that Virtus drew magic from the water altar there, which was only put there when the Moonclan had discovered the altars, in the beginning of the fifth age. :s There's something wrong with the lore here...

No the lore is fine (on that part), you've jumped to wrong conclusion.

It draws from a 'magical rift' that turns out to be connected to another world and it mentions it's inhabitants.

Water altar is not a world, it is a pocket realm.

Water altar does not have inhabitants.

Altars did not even HAVE pocket realms until after the barbarians attacked destroying them and they created the realms themselves.

Altars aren't 'rifts'

Conversely:

Fairy rings run off a magical rift, the entrance to Zanaris uses a fairy ring (inside at least)

Zanaris is (in lore) a different world.

Zanaris has inhabitants.

The rift is quite clearly the Zanaris entrance.

Hmm, okay, didn't think of Zanaris. :P

It could actually have been the water pocket realm as you call it. I don't think the lunar people created the realms themselves, but the altars as bridges into them. I think Virtus was just so magically adept that he could traverse there without using something such as the altars.

On another idea... That zanaris idea is probably most likely.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It could actually have been the water pocket realm as you call it. I don't think the lunar people created the realms themselves, but the altars as bridges into them. I think Virtus was just so magically adept that he could traverse there without using something such as the altars.

On another idea... That zanaris idea is probably most likely.

In lore the Moonclan Tribe 100% did not make the pocket realms.

They made the altars at points strong with power for the various elements around the world, just like their Astral altar.

The altars then some how (its not made clear how) "collapsed" into their own pocket realms as a form of self preservation (leaving the original altar structure entirely useless to RC with but functional as a gateway to these realms) when the anti-magic Barbarians came and destroyed the altars. Which is why all the altars (other than astral on lunar isle) are totally destroyed but radiate a power and have pristine altar hidden away in a pocket realm that takes on characteristics of the rune energy.

In the lore we do not know exactly how the pocket realms came to be but we do know they formed around the altars opposed to existing before the altars.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How can anyone be surprised or outraged over the new player models? Similar ones have been present in the beta since its release. And actually, the ones in the beta are better than the ones in the live game, meaning the current ones will be improved again when EoC goes live. Assumedly EoC was intended to be ready by GWD Remastered's release, which didn't happen.

2zzhkps.png

Live and beta. I don't know why beta appears larger.

2dgucz6.png

How can anyone be surprised or outraged over the new player models? Similar ones have been present in the beta since its release. And actually, the ones in the beta are better than the ones in the live game, meaning the current ones will be improved again when EoC goes live. Assumedly EoC was intended to be ready by GWD Remastered's release, which didn't happen.

2zzhkps.png

Live and beta. I don't know why beta appears larger.

Why do the male faces look normal, but the female faces they wanted to go for overly large eyes? At least the chat head avatar for females look normal.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Why do the male faces look normal, but the female faces they wanted to go for overly large eyes? At least the chat head avatar for females look normal.

It's not the first time they've messed up trying to update female faces. Remember how they changed Xenia's chat head from an older woman to what looks like a guy in a wig? :?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's kind of redundant to discuss the stats of the new items when the EoC is on its way.

Not entirely. It'll probably be a while before EoC comes out.

My point is, there isn't massive in depth discussion about the usefulness of each new item like there normally would be because the stats will change on them at some point anyway.

Sylpheed.png

It's very simple. The new robes are 100% the best for any maging unless you desperately need the defence from Virtus or Ganodermic. Even so, boots, gloves and hood are probably always the best as their defence bonusus are small no matter what.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted