What happens if you die?

Subse7en

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my religion you go to heaven if you are a devout follow of his noodlieness then you go to heaven with the stripper factory and beer valcanoe. If your not a follower or you have partaken in comsumption of alfradoe sauce then you are damned to an enternity of tickling.

Pastafarians for the win.

You'll be invited to an awesome party at my cave in Hell. Iron Maiden will perform and Dubya will serve drinks. We will discuss philosophy and plan our attempt to overthrow Heaven.

Either that or we'll just cease to exists. Humans are just like any other lifeform, when it ends it ends. That's all there is to it, and that's all we need. Afterlife-theories are for the weak and deluded. Atheistic arrogance is for the strong and deluded.

***clears throat***

SATAN RULES

Read your Bible.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that anyone who believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Meaning that you will have everlasting life in heaven.

I know I am going to heaven when I die, I because I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins so that I wouldn't have to pay for them.

If "Jesus" died for our sins so we wouldn't have to pay for them, explain all the suffering, war, destruction that occurs. Surely people fighting our war and dying many of them are religious and have accepted "Jesus" as there lord and savior, why do they deserve to die. If they have no sins and "Jesus" died for them, then why must there life be taken forcefully.

Anyways, if I go to hell, that'll be cool. Maybe it'll be like in Dawn of the Dead and hell will become full and I can come back to life as a Zombie, either that or a ladies lingerie. Either would rock.

If "Jesus" died for our sins so we wouldn't have to pay for them, explain all the suffering, war, destruction that occurs. Surely people fighting our war and dying many of them are religious and have accepted "Jesus" as there lord and savior, why do they deserve to die. If they have no sins and "Jesus" died for them, then why must there life be taken forcefully.

I say that's more mankind's fault, not Jesus or God. We do it to ourselves, God doesn't instagate

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Just clearing something up here, the Bible is and never was meant for literal reading. Too many people try and quote it like everything happened in it. The thing is, the Bible is just a book of good stories. It is intended to teach morales, lessons, you name it. It isn't a history book!

But as far as what happens when we die, I do think there is something after this. Thing is, I know we will just be... gone, but everytime I think about it I try and think about it just becoming, nothing anymore.

Religion, to me, is a big way to comfort people. Do I necisarily belive in the typical heaven such as described in Christianity and many other religons? Maybe, maybe not. To tell the truth it depends what kind of mood I am, what I do and don't belive. Sometimes I lean more towards the idea of heaven, sometimes more towards the Atheist way of looking at things.

The final thing is, I won't find out 'till i'm dead. Which, if I end up in somewhere else, great.

If I'm just... nothing, or however that will work, oh well, nothing to do about it then. :D

Just clearing something up here, the Bible is and never was meant for literal reading. Too many people try and quote it like everything happened in it. The thing is, the Bible is just a book of good stories. It is intended to teach morales, lessons, you name it. It isn't a history book!

I heavily disagree, and you will find that most Christians agree with me. More has been proven factual in the Bible than any piece of literature in history.

God once walked on the Earth with man, and kept him safe. Unfortunately, Man gave way to Sin and God punished Man by removing Paradise and Himself from Earth. God is saddened by all the wars, but we humans have brought it upon ourself.

If you also read the Bible, you will see that both God and Christ state that you must follow the laws of your Leader. There is no shame in fighting wars, God even assisted his people with them (Jericho, for example).

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

It isn't a history book, but it is full of factual history. It is primarily a revelation of God, but as far as texts go, it blows all other ancient history sources we have away.

summerpngwy6.jpg

God once walked on the Earth with man, and kept him safe. Unfortunately, Man gave way to Sin and God punished Man by removing Paradise and Himself from Earth. God is saddened by all the wars, but we humans have brought it upon ourself.

Are you serious? I wouldn't literally take stories written 1400-400 years before time counting. Personally I see that "saddened God" as an excuse for our acts.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Read your Bible.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that anyone who believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Meaning that you will have everlasting life in heaven.

I know I am going to heaven when I die, I because I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins so that I wouldn't have to pay for them.

when it says everlasting life, how do you know that it doesnt just mean that your name will be remembered for all time.. Like when somone days they stay in the heart of there closet friends or family

interperiting everlasting life as a place that you go after death to spend eternity is kinda a pretty wild guess dont u think :roll:

vistame09copyhr8.png

Guys, let's not knock what other people lead their lives to believe. They have the right to believe what they will and to be respected for it (In the context of religion - obviously you don't have to respect someone who believes in stuff like genocide or ethnic cleansing etc)

If I die, I shall be cremated. People shall mourn. Thousands upon thousands of firstborns shall be sacrificed each day for three days to appease my vengeful soul. My urn shall be placed within a grand temple of white marble inlaid with black, twenty-seven storeys high and overlooking a pit of sacrifices ringed with the impaled bodies of my enemies, for my Legions of Terror shall hunt and bring retribution upon any man who is so much as accused of causing my death in any way, direct or indirect.

There will be cake, but only for bears.

People get so used to living it's hard to contemplate death. One of the things that the human mind is incapable of doing; contemplating what happens after death and also backwards infinity - hard to imagine a never ending past although it's quite easy to imagine a never ending future. To put it quite simply though you become an object.

All our lives are is electrical signals, pressure sensors on our fingers, light receptors in our eyes, taste receptors on our tongues, when we die the electrical signals stop, nothing else to it.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Although i don't believe in Christianity or any other organised religion, i do believe in a divine being, and so I am lead to believe in some form of an afterlife. It's hard to explain, but by the sheer virtue of the fact that we as a species are talking about this convinces me that there must be something out there, something beyond this life, something beyond the science, i just don't know what.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Please stay on-topic, religious discussions won't lead anywhere, everyone has different opinions on religion, accept it. My opinion is that religion sure has lead (led?) to alot of bad things, for example poverty and war.

OT:

It's so hard to understand what happens, but the idea of something good makes me happy. I want to enjoy my time on earth before I find out though.

Theres like a million religions in this world and many are older than christianity and for some "christians" to say that if you dont belive in theres your going to hell, well who made you the perfect, oh ya your god did, but what about everyone elses god? Ima look at it like this people in the past were very gullable and someone gets the idea of wanting to be rememberd forever, how can they do it? Religion ofcourse seeing as it was so important back then to explain the times and certain things happening. I mean now days if I walked around speaking in tounges and saying religious things people would think Im crazy and lock me up. Put Jesus in the year 2006 and no one would take him seriously because everyone would just say hes crazy.

Anyway cant get what im trying to say organized, to complicated.

Theres like a million religions in this world and many are older than christianity and for some "christians" to say that if you dont belive in theres your going to hell, well who made you the perfect, oh ya your god did, but what about everyone elses god? Ima look at it like this people in the past were very gullable and someone gets the idea of wanting to be rememberd forever, how can they do it? Religion ofcourse seeing as it was so important back then to explain the times and certain things happening. I mean now days if I walked around speaking in tounges and saying religious things people would think Im crazy and lock me up. Put Jesus in the year 2006 and no one would take him seriously because everyone would just say hes crazy.

Anyway cant get what im trying to say organized, to complicated.

Nope. A small group would follow him as disciples...the rest would think he was crazy and eventually he would be martyred. Oh wait! Thats what happened in 33 AD! Well, nevermind then. :o

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley